recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: What's for dinner?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What's for dinner?

Started by calliope at 2013/07/25 03:06PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/24 03:08AM, Views: 14025, Replies: 818
    « 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 » »| page:
    #261   2013/08/20 11:22AM
    Re: What's for dinner?
    sgtppr

Quote Homesick Cajun: Good Morning!

Ok, guys! Where are dinner ideas? Keep them coming! Like Brownie Monster said I don't care if you had a cheese sandwich!

DH was out of town, so I had the leftover meatloaf with sliced tomato and sliced sweet onion.

I made up a recipe this morning for an Italian chuck roast. Dusted off the crock pot and it smells really good. It's almost grocery day, so I'm cleaning out the fridge and freezer these days. Hate this time of the month. Not much room for creativity. But come Friday, that will change!

Everybody have a great day!

I don't eat beef but hubby loves meatloaf so I make it with ground turkey, lots and lots of garlic and sun dried tomatoes. He loves it! I made it for company one evening and it was a hit. Sometime if I feel naughty I smash some potatoes and make gravy. Hubby like cranberry with it (true Yankee!)if I make him potatoes and gravy he has to have peas!

#262   2013/08/20 11:27AM
    LucyT

Quote sgtppr:
    Quote Homesick Cajun: Good Morning!

Ok, guys! Where are dinner ideas? Keep them coming! Like Brownie Monster said I don't care if you had a cheese sandwich!

DH was out of town, so I had the leftover meatloaf with sliced tomato and sliced sweet onion.

I made up a recipe this morning for an Italian chuck roast. Dusted off the crock pot and it smells really good. It's almost grocery day, so I'm cleaning out the fridge and freezer these days. Hate this time of the month. Not much room for creativity. But come Friday, that will change!

Everybody have a great day!

I don't eat beef but hubby loves meatloaf so I make it with ground turkey, lots and lots of garlic and sun dried tomatoes. He loves it! I made it for company one evening and it was a hit. Sometime if I feel naughty I smash some potatoes and make gravy. Hubby like cranberry with it (true Yankee!)if I make him potatoes and gravy he has to have peas!

it's funny the way we learn to eat from are youth and are family history. My husband will only eat meatloaf with fried potatoes and Brown gravy.

I like mine with lots of ketchup glaze on top or made with salsa.

#263   2013/08/20 11:33AM
    LucyT

Last nights dinner chicken fried rice with lots of veggies, watermelon and nasty banana cream pie my husband bought.May be he's trying to get me off of my new found dessert kick because the one bit I swallowed was more than enough.

I thought the watermelon counted as a dessert

I don't know what we will have tonight.I forgot to thaw anything.

I want to know why watermelon, cucumbers ,sliced tomatoes and corn on the cob does not count as a meal?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/20 11:35AM
    #264   2013/08/20 12:17PM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote LucyT: Last nights dinner chicken fried rice with lots of veggies, watermelon and nasty banana cream pie my husband bought.May be he's trying to get me off of my new found dessert kick because the one bit I swallowed was more than enough.

I want to know why watermelon, cucumbers ,sliced tomatoes and corn on the cob does not count as a meal?

It does to me!!

#265   2013/08/20 12:20PM
    calliope

Quote LucyT: Last nights dinner chicken fried rice with lots of veggies, watermelon and nasty banana cream pie my husband bought.May be he's trying to get me off of my new found dessert kick because the one bit I swallowed was more than enough.

I think it does Lucy! Growing up we sometimes just had garden stuff. Corn on the cob, tomatoes and green onions ! Great summertime fare. The first time I tried to serve that to my husband he actually did say "Where's the meat?" I never tried that menu again!

#266   2013/08/20 12:29PM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote calliope:

I think it does Lucy! Growing up we sometimes just had garden stuff. Corn on the cob, tomatoes and green onions ! Great summertime fare. The first time I tried to serve that to my husband he actually did say "Where's the meat?" I never tried that menu again!

OMG! My absolute favorite meal is fried sweet corn, peas from the garden, sliced sweet onion and cornbread! Would rather have that than anything! My mom would always make that for my birthday! She knew it was my favorite! Miss that.

#267   2013/08/20 01:01PM
    calliope

I've never done fried. Just off the cob and fried in butter?

#268   2013/08/20 01:50PM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote calliope: I've never done fried. Just off the cob and fried in butter?

Ooooh! Fresh cut off the cob, let sit for about 30 minutes in sugar and milk. Then fried in a good bit of Crisco shortening! In a very hot cast iron skillet. Have to stir the entire time! Only takes a minute to cook this way. Oh, it is wicked good!

#269   2013/08/20 02:40PM
    calliope

Sounds good. Wicked good! Have you spent time in New Hampshire?

#270   2013/08/20 03:00PM
    Homesick Cajun

No LOL, I have never been there. Actually I have spent very little time in the north at all. I hear New Hampshire is beautiful though, would love to see it someday. Is that a northern expression? DH grew up in Chicago, maybe I picked it up from him.

I call corn like that yellow gold. DH calls it coronary in a skillet! lol He didn't know exactly how it was prepared till one day he happened to be in the kitchen when I was putting the Crisco in the skillet and he saw how much I used and said "Wow, I can feel my arteries hardening!" Haven't killed anyone yet with it. When I do I'll try not to bury them alive!! LOL

« 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list