recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: What's for dinner?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What's for dinner?

Started by calliope at 2013/07/25 03:06PM
    Latest post: 2014/08/22 07:06AM, Views: 14797, Replies: 841
    « 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 » »| page:
    #251   2013/08/17 08:44AM
    Re: What's for dinner?
    Homesick Cajun

Good Morning All!

Last night I made an Italian stuffed meatloaf. I won't bore you with how I wound up making that. Suffice it to say it was not my first plan, nor second, but it turned out really good. Meatloaf has always been kind of hit and miss with me. But this one actually stayed together pretty well. lol

Brownie monster would you like to be a cookie monster too?
    I'm trying a new recipe this afternoon for white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. If they turn out good I'll let you know!

Everybody have a great Saturday!

#252   2013/08/17 09:54AM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun: Good Morning All!

Last night I made an Italian stuffed meatloaf. I won't bore you with how I wound up making that. Suffice it to say it was not my first plan, nor second, but it turned out really good. Meatloaf has always been kind of hit and miss with me. But this one actually stayed together pretty well. lol

Brownie monster would you like to be a cookie monster too?
    I'm trying a new recipe this afternoon for white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. If they turn out good I'll let you know!

Everybody have a great Saturday!

OMGOODNESS! My family loves them and I never make them I always buy the premade dough.For the love of my skinny jeans STOP IT NOW.

NO DON'T STOP PLEASE DON'T

#253   2013/08/18 06:39AM
    Homesick Cajun

Well, Brownie Monster, kiss those skinny jeans goodbye! And say Hello Cookie Monster! OMG! These are awesome! I took my basic chocolate chip cookie recipe and modified it just a little so here you go!

1 cup butter
    1 cup white sugar
    1 cup brown sugar
    2 eggs
    2 tsp vanilla
    3 cups flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    2 tsp hot water
    1/2 tsp salt
    2 cups white chocolate chips
    1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts

Preheat oven to 350.
    Cream butter and sugars (about 5 minutes)
    add eggs one at a time and mix well after each
    add vanilla
    add flour
    dissolve baking soda in hot water and add to mix
    add salt
    fold in chocolate chips and nuts

Drop by heaping teaspoonful on either lightly greased cookie sheet or line with parchment paper. About 2 inches apart, they will spread some.
    Bake 9 minutes. They will be lightly brown around the edges.

Tip: When I added the flour to the batter it acted like it didn't want to come together like cookie dough should, but just mix another minute or two and it will. I used my mixer but you can mix this by hand if you want.

Enjoy!

#254   2013/08/18 01:24PM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun: Well, Brownie Monster, kiss those skinny jeans goodbye! And say Hello Cookie Monster! OMG! These are awesome! I took my basic chocolate chip cookie recipe and modified it just a little so here you go!

1 cup butter
    1 cup white sugar
    1 cup brown sugar
    2 eggs
    2 tsp vanilla
    3 cups flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    2 tsp hot water
    1/2 tsp salt
    2 cups white chocolate chips
    1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts

Preheat oven to 350.
    Cream butter and sugars (about 5 minutes)
    add eggs one at a time and mix well after each
    add vanilla
    add flour
    dissolve baking soda in hot water and add to mix
    add salt
    fold in chocolate chips and nuts

Drop by heaping teaspoonful on either lightly greased cookie sheet or line with parchment paper. About 2 inches apart, they will spread some.
    Bake 9 minutes. They will be lightly brown around the edges.

Tip: When I added the flour to the batter it acted like it didn't want to come together like cookie dough should, but just mix another minute or two and it will. I used my mixer but you can mix this by hand if you want.

Enjoy!

Thanks I am already mourning the loss of those nasty clingy tight jeans.I think I better fix me these real fast to soften the blow.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/18 01:25PM
    #255   2013/08/18 07:18PM
    LucyT

YUCK ,YUCK,YUCK,I made chili and I am sick!My stomic is on fire just yuck

why didn't I stick with my plan.I was going to fix calliope's yummy round steak UHG!

#256   2013/08/19 08:19AM
    Homesick Cajun

Good Morning!

I just realized yesterday I posted the cookie recipe for brownie monster and forgot what I had Saturday night! lol
    Probably because it was nothing exciting! I baked chicken breasts in Italian salad dressing and Italian seasoning, steamed cabbage and had pinto beans. After spending all afternoon on the cookies, I was really pressed for time.

Last night I broiled salmon with a brown sugar and mustard glaze. A recipe I found on line that I had been wanting to try. It was good, but we both agreed my usual way of baking in lemons and onions was better. Oh, well, live and learn!

Lucy, sorry about your chili! What happened? If you would like me to I can post my chili recipe. DH loves it. I got the recipe about 30 years ago from an old friend. Its really easy, if you want it let me know!

Everybody have a great day!

#257   2013/08/19 09:51AM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun: Good Morning!

I just realized yesterday I posted the cookie recipe for brownie monster and forgot what I had Saturday night! lol
    Probably because it was nothing exciting! I baked chicken breasts in Italian salad dressing and Italian seasoning, steamed cabbage and had pinto beans. After spending all afternoon on the cookies, I was really pressed for time.

Last night I broiled salmon with a brown sugar and mustard glaze. A recipe I found on line that I had been wanting to try. It was good, but we both agreed my usual way of baking in lemons and onions was better. Oh, well, live and learn!

Lucy, sorry about your chili! What happened? If you would like me to I can post my chili recipe. DH loves it. I got the recipe about 30 years ago from an old friend. Its really easy, if you want it let me know!

I think to much chili powder ,chili peppers,...my husband likes it spicy.Either that or my turkey was bad but everyone else is fine.

#258   2013/08/19 10:04AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote LucyT:

I think to much chili powder ,chili peppers,...my husband likes it spicy.Either that or my turkey was bad but everyone else is fine.

Lucy, I got food poisoning from turkey once many years ago! That is without a doubt the sickest I have ever been in my life! I truly thought I was going to die. It was many years before I ate turkey again, and almost 30 years later I am still so careful with turkey, you wouldn't believe it! I make it at Thanksgiving, but that's about it.

#259   2013/08/19 11:18AM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote LucyT:

Lucy, I got food poisoning from turkey once many years ago! That is without a doubt the sickest I have ever been in my life! I truly thought I was going to die. It was many years before I ate turkey again, and almost 30 years later I am still so careful with turkey, you wouldn't believe it! I make it at Thanksgiving, but that's about it.

How awful I made a huge pot so I could freeze some but its going down the disposal.I can't even think of feeding it to anyone even if my family seems fine

#260   2013/08/20 09:34AM
    Homesick Cajun

Good Morning!

Ok, guys! Where are dinner ideas? Keep them coming! Like Brownie Monster said I don't care if you had a cheese sandwich!

DH was out of town, so I had the leftover meatloaf with sliced tomato and sliced sweet onion.

I made up a recipe this morning for an Italian chuck roast. Dusted off the crock pot and it smells really good. It's almost grocery day, so I'm cleaning out the fridge and freezer these days. Hate this time of the month. Not much room for creativity. But come Friday, that will change!

« 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list