recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: What's for dinner?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What's for dinner?

Started by calliope at 2013/07/25 03:06PM
    Latest post: 2014/09/26 01:32PM, Views: 17339, Replies: 883
    « 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 » »| page:
    #241   2013/08/16 05:21AM
    Re: What's for dinner?
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun: Hi Lucy!

You are right! No better way indeed! These turned out scary good. I saw this recipe a few months ago and finally got around to trying it. This is for half the recipe. I baked these in an 9x9 pan. But you can double this and bake in a 9x13. Since you have kids you may want to double what I did.

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
    1/3 cup butter
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    2 eggs
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 cup flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    pinch salt
    1 cup chocolate chips

Cream peanut butter, butter, white sugar and brown sugar. (About 5 minutes)
    Add eggs and vanilla and mix well
    Combine flour, baking powder, and salt and add to butter mixture
    Fold in chocolate chips
    Pour in to greased pan and bake at 350 for 35 minutes. I don't know what altitude you are but I'm over 5000 feet and my oven is old so you may want to check them at 30 minutes. The toothpick should come out clean with the exception of a little melted chocolate.

Also, just a tip when working with peanut butter. I bake with peanut butter a lot, DH loves it. But when I do I lightly spray the measuring cup and the mixer attachments with a little oil. The peanut butter just glides out of the measuring cup and clean up is a breeze!!

Hope you like them!

these are to good! I am making more dog treats this weekend I will hide them from the kids this time.

#242   2013/08/16 05:27AM
    calliope

Quote LucyT:
    Quote calliope: Tonight was shrimp scampi and I feel very fat and garlicky !

I feel very sure I will be eating that very soon.Did you make it yourself or eat it out somewhere?

Good morning Lucy. Although scampi is pretty easy to make I did not make the sauce. Our supermarket makes a scampi finishing sauce that is excellent so I just add shrimp and serve with hot bread and salad.
    This reminds me I was going to post the Louisiana barbecue shrimp for Homesick. I will try to do that this weekend.

#243   2013/08/16 06:38AM
    Homesick Cajun

Good Morning All!

Calliope shrimp scampi sounds so good! I haven't made that since we left Louisiana. That is one of my favorites!

Lucy, glad you liked the peanut butter brownies. I think I like them better than the chocolate.

Well, my dinner was the quick kind. Ham and cheese grilled sandwich. With a couple of glasses of Cabernet lol! I'm such a lightweight anymore. Paying this morning for such a little bit. Back in the day wouldn't have fazed me! lol DH is coming back from Texas late this afternoon so my cooking will pick up drastically, not sure yet with what, but will definitely have more to report tomorrow!

Everybody have a great day!

#244   2013/08/16 11:40AM
    Calypso

Hi everyone!!
    Tonight is our grazing night....
    Kielbasa en Croute
    Take a kielbasa or other summer sausage and cut off the curvy ends to make straight pieces. Take a piece of de thawed puff pastry, and flatten it out. Put cheese on the dough, then sausage. Roll it up and close the seams and ends with egg wash. Bake at 350 til golden brown, about 20-30 minutes. slice and serve with dipping sauces.
    Bruschetta
    I use store bought garlic crostini, but you could make your own. Place crostini on baking sheet. Top with mixture of chopped tomatoes, green pepper, and red onion. ( I chop all the veggies and add a bit of oil and herbs and let it marinade) Top the veggies with cooked chopped bacon and cheese.
    Bake for about 10 minutes at 325. then I top them with a mixture of small fresh sage leaves that have marinaded in brown sugar and olive oil.

I'll probably make a fruit/ veggie tray too. My dips are both sour cream base, one savory for the veggies and one sweet with brown sugar for the fruit.

We usually have folks stop by because it's Fri night and they are returning to the beach for the weekend.

#245   2013/08/16 05:53PM
    LucyT

Quote calliope:
    Quote LucyT:
    Quote calliope: Tonight was shrimp scampi and I feel very fat and garlicky !

I feel very sure I will be eating that very soon.Did you make it yourself or eat it out somewhere?

Good morning Lucy. Although scampi is pretty easy to make I did not make the sauce. Our supermarket makes a scampi finishing sauce that is excellent so I just add shrimp and serve with hot bread and salad.
    This reminds me I was going to post the Louisiana barbecue shrimp for Homesick. I will try to do that this weekend.

Thanks I buy a sauce also but I use to make it and I never liked it as well as I do now.I pretty much always like shrimp though.

#246   2013/08/16 05:59PM
    LucyT

Hi all, last night we had hay stacks.Tonight is Pizza night.Sat.I have a wedding for adults only.Kids will have Pizza again Sunday will be crock pot round steak Thank you Calliope

probably brownies also someone has created a brownie monster

#247   2013/08/16 06:02PM
    LucyT

Quote Calypso: Hi everyone!!
    Kielbasa en Croute
    Take a kielbasa or other summer sausage and cut off the curvy ends to make straight pieces. Take a piece of de thawed puff pastry, and flatten it out. Put cheese on the dough, then sausage. Roll it up and close the seams and ends with egg wash. Bake at 350 til golden brown, about 20-30 minutes. slice and serve with dipping sauces.
    Bruschetta
    I use store bought garlic crostini, but you could make your own. Place crostini on baking sheet. Top with mixture of chopped tomatoes, green pepper, and red onion. ( I chop all the veggies and add a bit of oil and herbs and let it marinade) Top the veggies with cooked chopped bacon and cheese.
    Bake for about 10 minutes at 325. then I top them with a mixture of small fresh sage leaves that have marinaded in brown sugar and olive oil.

I'll probably make a fruit/ veggie tray too. My dips are both sour cream base, one savory for the veggies and one sweet with brown sugar for the fruit.

We usually have folks stop by because it's Fri night and they are returning to the beach for the weekend.

I want to live with you

#248   2013/08/16 06:06PM
    calliope

Quote LucyT:
    Kielbasa en Croute
    Bruschetta

I want to live with you

Me too!

#249   2013/08/16 06:09PM
    calliope

Kielbasa en Croute
    Bruschetta

So when you started with kielbasa I thought "oh she is from Western Pa" (my hometown area) but then you went on to crostini and I guess not!!

#250   2013/08/16 06:35PM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote calliope:
    Quote LucyT:
    Kielbasa en Croute
    Bruschetta

I want to live with you

Me too!

Me three!!!!

« 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list