recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: What's for dinner?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What's for dinner?

Started by calliope at 2013/07/25 03:06PM
    Latest post: 2014/09/26 01:32PM, Views: 17902, Replies: 883
    « 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 » »| page:
    #231   2013/08/14 01:07PM
    Re: What's for dinner?
    LucyT

Quote sgtppr:
    Quote calliope: Where do you live sgtppr? I am in S FL and can't imagine freezing in August!

I live in Connecticut and we had a cold front come through last night. Tonight the temps are to drop to 45. As I sit here the temp is 65...that is not summer in my book!

Wow that is chilly for summer. I noticed it feels cooler here today also and I am in sweats and a long sleeve T.Don't tell but I haven't dressed today

I need to do that soon before my husband comes home.I feel kinda of gross but its also kinda nice in a lazy sort of way

#232   2013/08/14 02:12PM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote LucyT:
    Quote sgtppr:
    Quote calliope: Where do you live sgtppr? I am in S FL and can't imagine freezing in August!

I live in Connecticut and we had a cold front come through last night. Tonight the temps are to drop to 45. As I sit here the temp is 65...that is not summer in my book!

Wow that is chilly for summer. I noticed it feels cooler here today also and I am in sweats and a long sleeve T.Don't tell but I haven't dressed today

I need to do that soon before my husband comes home.I feel kinda of gross but its also kinda nice in a lazy sort of way

Lucy, you need a T-shirt like mine. I have a big yellow sleep/T-shirt and on the front it says "I'm up and dressed, what more do you want?" If it's not in the laundry, I'm in it!!!

#233   2013/08/14 09:30PM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote LucyT:
    Quote sgtppr:

Lucy, you need a T-shirt like mine. I have a big yellow sleep/T-shirt and on the front it says "I'm up and dressed, what more do you want?" If it's not in the laundry, I'm in it!!!

LOL,MAYBE I need two.

#234   2013/08/15 06:26AM
    Homesick Cajun

Good Morning!

Well, I don't really have anything to report today. We had leftover pulled pork. Fortunately that is almost gone. I am feeling about BBQ pork this morning how you guys are about zucchini! lol

One bright spot, I did try a new recipe I found online for peanut butter chocolate chip brownies. They turned out great! I cut the recipe in half since it's only the two of us and being a new recipe and all, but next time I'll make the full recipe. Turned out really good!

Everybody have a great day!

#235   2013/08/15 08:10AM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun: Good Morning!

Well, I don't really have anything to report today. We had leftover pulled pork. Fortunately that is almost gone. I am feeling about BBQ pork this morning how you guys are about zucchini! lol

One bright spot, I did try a new recipe I found online for peanut butter chocolate chip brownies. They turned out great! I cut the recipe in half since it's only the two of us and being a new recipe and all, but next time I'll make the full recipe. Turned out really good!

Everybody have a great day!

You must share that recipe!Chocolate peanut butter no better way to gain weight!

I hope you have a great day also!!!!!!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/15 08:10AM
    #236   2013/08/15 08:43AM
    Homesick Cajun

Hi Lucy!

You are right! No better way indeed! These turned out scary good. I saw this recipe a few months ago and finally got around to trying it. This is for half the recipe. I baked these in an 9x9 pan. But you can double this and bake in a 9x13. Since you have kids you may want to double what I did.

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
    1/3 cup butter
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    2 eggs
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 cup flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    pinch salt
    1 cup chocolate chips

Cream peanut butter, butter, white sugar and brown sugar. (About 5 minutes)
    Add eggs and vanilla and mix well
    Combine flour, baking powder, and salt and add to butter mixture
    Fold in chocolate chips
    Pour in to greased pan and bake at 350 for 35 minutes. I don't know what altitude you are but I'm over 5000 feet and my oven is old so you may want to check them at 30 minutes. The toothpick should come out clean with the exception of a little melted chocolate.

Also, just a tip when working with peanut butter. I bake with peanut butter a lot, DH loves it. But when I do I lightly spray the measuring cup and the mixer attachments with a little oil. The peanut butter just glides out of the measuring cup and clean up is a breeze!!

Hope you like them!

#237   2013/08/15 09:11AM
    Homesick Cajun

Lucy, I just realized, I baked mine in an 8x8 pan, but either one would do. If you use a 9x9 just decrease the baking time a few minutes. But if you want to double the recipe the 9x13 pan size is correct.

#238   2013/08/15 01:59PM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun: Lucy, I just realized, I baked mine in an 8x8 pan, but either one would do. If you use a 9x9 just decrease the baking time a few minutes. But if you want to double the recipe the 9x13 pan size is correct.

Thank you!Maybe learning to bake is a bad idea

Your brownies are great and now these.
    GREAT idea I have dessert for dinner night

Don't call CPS I am only kidding

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/15 02:00PM
    #239   2013/08/15 07:08PM
    calliope

Tonight was shrimp scampi and I feel very fat and garlicky !

#240   2013/08/16 05:19AM
    LucyT

Quote calliope: Tonight was shrimp scampi and I feel very fat and garlicky !

I feel very sure I will be eating that very soon.Did you make it yourself or eat it out somewhere?

« 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list