recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: What's for dinner?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What's for dinner?

Started by calliope at 2013/07/25 03:06PM
    Latest post: 2014/09/26 01:32PM, Views: 16389, Replies: 883
    « 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 » »| page:
    #221   2013/08/14 07:18AM
    Re: What's for dinner?
    calliope

Where do you live sgtppr? I am in S FL and can't imagine freezing in August!

#222   2013/08/14 07:36AM
    Homesick Cajun

Good Morning!

Sgtppr you are so lucky!! I will be so glad when the weather here turns cooler. I don't know the temp but it feels hot to me!!

Lucy, I need to pick up ink for my printer, but as soon as I do (probably this weekend) I'll print out the zucchini recipe and post it here for you. I love red velvet cake! I have an old recipe for it a friend of mine gave me about forty years ago. It's from scratch. The paper is yellowed with age and has splatters all over it! That's how I tell when it's a good recipe. The worst the paper looks, the better the recipe! LOL

Last night, I was pressed for time, spent too much time on the Y&R message board lol, so we had a London broil and leftover corn on the cob.

Everybody have a great day!

#223   2013/08/14 07:46AM
    calliope

Last night 8:30 arrived before I knew it and didn't want to eat that late. So I had a slice of Key Lime pie. Hey...it's fruit and dairy, must be good for a person!

#224   2013/08/14 08:53AM
    sgtppr

Quote calliope: Where do you live sgtppr? I am in S FL and can't imagine freezing in August!

I live in Connecticut and we had a cold front come through last night. Tonight the temps are to drop to 45. As I sit here the temp is 65...that is not summer in my book!

#225   2013/08/14 09:00AM
    calliope

Quote sgtppr:
    Quote calliope: Where do you live sgtppr? I am in S FL and can't imagine freezing in August!

I live in Connecticut and we had a cold front come through last night. Tonight the temps are to drop to 45. As I sit here the temp is 65...that is not summer in my book!

I would be huddled under a blanket! I get chilly now when it is low 70s.

#226   2013/08/14 09:06AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote calliope:
    Quote sgtppr:

Would you guys believe I put the thermostat on 65 every night before bed! That's my sleeping temp!! LOL Any warmer and I can't sleep! Of course both dogs sleep with us, that and what DH calls "mental pause" are contributing to that! LOL

#227   2013/08/14 09:25AM
    calliope

Mental Pause will do that!

#228   2013/08/14 10:37AM
    sgtppr

Lonesome, I wish you were closer. I got home from running errands and found a bag with 8 zucchini and 6 summer squash another bag with 10 cukes.

#229   2013/08/14 10:40AM
    sgtppr

Quote calliope:
    Quote sgtppr:

the wind is so strong I had to close doors and windows because it was blowing stuff all over the place. The wind pick up a flip flop and flew it across my kitchen. All the balls in the pool were across the road (I live 350 ft off the road) and needed to be hauled home. They are now on the kitchen floor! Will certainly need blankets tonight! Hopefully tomorrow will be warmer.

#230   2013/08/14 01:01PM
    LucyT

Quote Homesick Cajun: Good Morning!

Sgtppr you are so lucky!! I will be so glad when the weather here turns cooler. I don't know the temp but it feels hot to me!!

Lucy, I need to pick up ink for my printer, but as soon as I do (probably this weekend) I'll print out the zucchini recipe and post it here for you. I love red velvet cake! I have an old recipe for it a friend of mine gave me about forty years ago. It's from scratch. The paper is yellowed with age and has splatters all over it! That's how I tell when it's a good recipe. The worst the paper looks, the better the recipe! LOL

Last night, I was pressed for time, spent too much time on the Y&R message board lol, so we had a London broil and leftover corn on the cob.

Everybody have a great day!

Y&R I need to watch I haven't for weeks. your dinner sound very good we are at the end of corn season kills me every year.

« 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list