recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: What's for dinner?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What's for dinner?

Started by calliope at 2013/07/25 03:06PM
    Latest post: 2014/09/26 01:32PM, Views: 17075, Replies: 883
    « 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 » »| page:
    #211   2013/08/13 06:37AM
    Re: What's for dinner?
    Homesick Cajun

Good Morning!

Well, once again DH is out of town, so last night I heated some leftover pork and had a BBQ pulled pork sandwich.

Lucy, I didn't know if you were still getting zucchini but I thought about you this morning. I get daily emails from Taste of Home and this morning their recipe for the day was a zucchini pizza. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds really good. From the way it sounds the shredded zucchini actually makes the pizza crust. If you get a bunch more and want me to, I will post the recipe. I plan to try it one day. It looks good in the picture! LOL

Everybody have a great day!

#212   2013/08/13 06:43AM
    sgtppr

Quote Homesick Cajun: Good Morning!

Well, once again DH is out of town, so last night I heated some leftover pork and had a BBQ pulled pork sandwich.

Lucy, I didn't know if you were still getting zucchini but I thought about you this morning. I get daily emails from Taste of Home and this morning their recipe for the day was a zucchini pizza. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds really good. From the way it sounds the shredded zucchini actually makes the pizza crust. If you get a bunch more and want me to, I will post the recipe. I plan to try it one day. It looks good in the picture! LOL

here in New England the joke is make sure you lock your car during zucchini season or when you get back your back seat will be filled with zucchini! I did that with some. I had found it on my door step and didn't want it (I'm not crazy about it) so I brought it with me and left it in a car that had a window open!

#213   2013/08/13 08:27AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote sgtppr:

here in New England the joke is make sure you lock your car during zucchini season or when you get back your back seat will be filled with zucchini! I did that with some. I had found it on my door step and didn't want it (I'm not crazy about it) so I brought it with me and left it in a car that had a window open!

Hi Sgtppr!

Oh, I wish someone would leave some on my doorstep! I love it and so hard to find here. Doesn't rain enough for things like squash and melons. They have to be shipped in from so far that most of the time they have been picked so long and too early that they are not ripe and go bad really fast. We got a watermelon a few weeks ago that had been picked way too early and what was ripe went bad in less than 2 days. I was so disappointed. Also the zucchini here are too small to stuff or really do much with. I keep watching, but so far no luck with large ones this season here.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/13 08:28AM
    #214   2013/08/13 09:29AM
    sgtppr

I made a zucchini casserole last night with the last that I couldn't find homes for! I do know that there will be more anytime now but I watch for unlocked cars and that is the end of it

#215   2013/08/13 09:36AM
    calliope

In PA one year my SIL grew so much zucchini that she was constantly bringing zucchini bread to us. It's good and the first 5 loaves were much appreciated but after about the 15th loaf we got truly sick of it!

#216   2013/08/13 08:14PM
    LucyT

Quote sgtppr: I made a zucchini casserole last night with the last that I couldn't find homes for! I do know that there will be more anytime now but I watch for unlocked cars and that is the end of it

LOL,

#217   2013/08/13 08:20PM
    LucyT

THAT sounds good I am getting some soon because for some reason it seems to be the only thing that grows that and squash.Oh,and the pumkins we didn't plant that grew from last years jack o lantern seeds we threw out.

#218   2013/08/13 08:24PM
    LucyT

Quote calliope: In PA one year my SIL grew so much zucchini that she was constantly bringing zucchini bread to us. It's good and the first 5 loaves were much appreciated but after about the 15th loaf we got truly sick of it!

It freezes well.We make it and banana bread at church and freeze it to give to visitors and by we I mean some sweet ladies who let me clean up and pretend I am safe around the ovens.

I actually really like to clean.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/08/13 08:27PM
    #219   2013/08/13 08:32PM
    LucyT

Tonight we had grilled N.Y.strips twice baked potatoes and peas. Red velvet cake my daughter made from a mix with cream cheese icing and icecream.

#220   2013/08/14 06:46AM
    sgtppr

today is a freezing cold day so food needs to be hot...think spaghetti and hot sausage.....got another dreaded zucchini last night. Think I'll cut that into the sauce. Have I mentioned how much I have started to hate zucchini???

« 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list