recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: What's for dinner?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What's for dinner?

Started by calliope at 2013/07/25 03:06PM
    Latest post: 2014/09/26 01:32PM, Views: 17865, Replies: 883
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #1   2013/07/25 03:06PM
    What's for dinner?
    calliope

Some of us thought it would be fun to share some dinner ideas. We so often get stuck in the rut of the same menu over and over. Share!
    I am not much help myself tonight. There is nothing I would like more than some good Creole or Cajun but we are going out for Indian tonight. What are you serving up?

#2   2013/07/25 03:33PM
    Re: What's for dinner?
    Homesick Cajun

Hi Calliope! I am so excited about this! I love to bake, roast, grill, etc., That is my hobby. Once many years ago when hubby(Paul) came home from work he asked "Does EVERYTHING start with onions, garlic and bell pepper?" I said "Everything I know how to cook does!!" Being from south Louisiana seemed logical to me!! lol

Today, he is a huge garlic fan, fortunately!

This evening really had to stick with the easy stuff. Huge water break. Plumbers have been working on it since 10am today. I probably won't have water till around 8pm tonight, and then they have to come back tomorrow to finish! Hate this!!!

So tonight I marinated chicken in a really easy marinade of Italian seasoning with additional onion and garlic (of course) ! This morning before they shut off the water I made potatoes au gratin. Had some potatoes I really needed to use up. That's about it for me for today. Need to take something out of the freezer for tomorrow just hard to get inspired right now. Tired of the same old thing. I spend a lot of time on line going to recipe sites like Taste of Home and Allrecipes looking for new ideas. So I am really excited to hear what you guys do!!

I have an awesome chocolate chip cookie recipe if anybody wants it!!

Better get my chicken in the oven. Have a great night!!

#3   2013/07/25 03:38PM
    calliope

Ugh! No water! I hope we get lots of great new ideas here. I am with you that most things should start with the trinity!

#4   2013/07/25 03:42PM
    reng

Because of weird work schedules, my husband and I eat out almost every night. Tonight, I had a loaded baked potato and sweet iced tea.

#5   2013/07/25 03:43PM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote calliope: Ugh! No water! I hope we get lots of great new ideas here. I am with you that most things should start with the trinity!

That's why I went with the easy stuff! Can't clean up till either late or early in the morning. I go to bed and get up ridiculously early so clean up may get to wait till morning! Thank goodness for aluminum foil!! Chicken is all wrapped up so easy clean up there! lol

#6   2013/07/25 03:45PM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote reng: Because of weird work schedules, my husband and I eat out almost every night. Tonight, I had a loaded baked potato and sweet iced tea.

That is EXACTLY what I had last night! Paul went to his sister's to eat and I didn't want to cook just for myself! That's my go to for lunch usually.

#7   2013/07/25 03:58PM
    Chuckyducky

Quote calliope: Some of us thought it would be fun to share some dinner ideas. We so often get stuck in the rut of the same menu over and over. Share!
    I am not much help myself tonight. There is nothing I would like more than some good Creole or Cajun but we are going out for Indian tonight. What are you serving up?

Alright...I'll be eating left overs from the previous day. Potato frittata with slices of bacon on the side, lol. Desert is lime sherbet ice-cream with a cup of ice-tea...and that's what's for dinner t'night.

#8   2013/07/25 04:05PM
    TheCalifornians

Quote calliope: Some of us thought it would be fun to share some dinner ideas. We so often get stuck in the rut of the same menu over and over. Share!
    Oh my goodness thank you so much for doing this here!!! I need crock pot meals. Sick of roast and potatoes or chicken with soup!!! Help! Hope tomorrow you are back to yourself. Take care.

#9   2013/07/25 04:18PM
    TheCalifornians

Quote Homesick Cajun: Hi Calliope! I am so excited about this! I love to bake, roast, grill, etc., That is my hobby. Once many years ago when hubby(Paul) came home from work he asked "Does EVERYTHING start with onions, garlic and bell pepper?" I said "Everything I know how to cook does!!" Being from south Louisiana seemed logical to me!! lol

Today, he is a huge garlic fan, fortunately!

This evening really had to stick with the easy stuff. Huge water break. Plumbers have been working on it since 10am today. I probably won't have water till around 8pm tonight, and then they have to come back tomorrow to finish! Hate this!!!

So tonight I marinated chicken in a really easy marinade of Italian seasoning with additional onion and garlic (of course) ! This morning before they shut off the water I made potatoes au gratin. Had some potatoes I really needed to use up. That's about it for me for today. Need to take something out of the freezer for tomorrow just hard to get inspired right now. Tired of the same old thing. I spend a lot of time on line going to recipe sites like Taste of Home and Allrecipes looking for new ideas. So I am really excited to hear what you guys do!!

I have an awesome chocolate chip cookie recipe if anybody wants it!!

Better get my chicken in the oven. Have a great night!!
    Hi! I know what you mean about looking for recipes on line. After a while I want to crawl out of my skin so most of the time I just wing it. I need to stop winging it. It isn't working. : ( Sorry about your water troubles.

#10   2013/07/25 04:21PM
    TheCalifornians

Quote reng: Because of weird work schedules, my husband and I eat out almost every night. Tonight, I had a loaded baked potato and sweet iced tea.
    That is so wrong...because your so lucky!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list