recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Need Advice re: Office job

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Need Advice re: Office job

Started by val15 at 2013/05/07 05:49PM
    Latest post: 2014/01/25 06:45AM, Views: 607, Replies: 2
    page:
    #1   2013/05/07 05:49PM
    Need Advice re: Office job
    val15

I just started a new job threee weeks ago as an office assistant. My supervisor, the office manager, runs the business practically singlehandedly. She just gave notice that she is quitting because she can no longer handle the stress. I'm in no position to step in and fill her shoes, esp. after only three weeks. The owner doesn't really take an interest in running it because he's too busy making sales. I have no clue what I'm obligated to do and how what I do will look on my resume. Any suggestions?

#2   2013/08/19 09:21PM
    Re: Need Advice re: Office job
    Star Steffy

I hope your supervisor stays and trains you for her job. Maybe the boss can hire a few more people part time and each of you take a piece of the supervisors job. This way the stress can be divided up between more people...it wouldn't be so over whelming.

#3   2014/01/25 06:45AM
    Re: Need Advice re: Office job
    val15

Wow, it seems like forever ago since I wrote that post. Since then I quit that job, started a new one that involved -- you guessed it -- basically no training, and went back to my old 8 to 5 where I worked in 2001. So happy. Training at this job is continuing and ongoing. Wish I had never left in the first place.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list