recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: MSNBC anchor Keith Olbermann suspended indefinitel

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

MSNBC anchor Keith Olbermann suspended indefinitel

Started by Coastie at 2010/11/05 11:06AM
    Latest post: 2010/11/08 03:15PM, Views: 1214, Replies: 26
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2010/11/05 01:18PM
    Re: MSNBC anchor Keith Olbermann suspended indefinitel
    cats meow

Quote Coastie:
    Quote cats meow: i wonder why it was fine when hannity and buchanan, gave contributions to republician candidates

Fox News programming head Bill Shine said there's no company policy against talk show personalities giving to candidates, but said Hannity would disclose the donation when Bachmann appears.

"It always good to remember that he's not a journalist, he's a conservative TV host," Shine said. "If he wants to donate to a candidate, he certainly can."

oh...... so for today, he is not a journalist, just a talk show host, i find that so funny

#12   2010/11/05 01:19PM
    StL Cardinal...

Quote Coastie:
    Quote cats meow: i wonder why it was fine when hannity and buchanan, gave contributions to republician candidates

Fox News programming head Bill Shine said there's no company policy against talk show personalities giving to candidates, but said Hannity would disclose the donation when Bachmann appears.

"It always good to remember that he's not a journalist, he's a conservative TV host," Shine said. "If he wants to donate to a candidate, he certainly can."

FOX-----Fair and Balanced!!!

#13   2010/11/05 01:20PM
    simplyirresi...

Quote cats meow:
    Quote Coastie:

oh...... so for today, he is not a journalist, just a talk show host, i find that so funny

Flip flop?

#14   2010/11/05 01:29PM
    Coastie

No, John Kerry is the Flip Flopping/tax cheater!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/11/05 01:29PM
    #15   2010/11/05 01:33PM
    cats meow

Quote Coastie: No, John Kerry is the Flip Flopping/tax cheater!

OMG...what race was he running in this past tuesday?

#16   2010/11/05 01:37PM
    simplyirresi...

Quote cats meow:

He wasn't on my ballot. I am totally confused on this one.

#17   2010/11/05 01:39PM
    alwaysEJ

Quote cats meow:

I would think the fact that he (Kerry) is a sitting U.S. Senator would be enough for us to demand he pays his taxes . . . you know on his $7 million dollar yacht (those Dems . . . such blue collar folks):

news.bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view.bg?articleid=1294161

As for Olbermann, really there are so many other reasons to suspend him, but whatever. Maybe MSNBC is secretly hoping to replace him with someone that a few people will actually watch.

#18   2010/11/05 01:55PM
    cats meow

Quote alwaysEJ:
    Quote cats meow:

I would think the fact that he (Kerry) is a sitting U.S. Senator would be enough for us to demand he pays his taxes . . . you know on his $7 million dollar yacht (those Dems . . . such blue collar folks):

As for Olbermann, really there are so many other reasons to suspend him, but whatever. Maybe MSNBC is secretly hoping to replace him with someone that a few people will actually watch.

and all those republicians are squeaky clean, the party of family values
    and if olbermann had no viewers, wouldn't it be better if he stayed on?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/11/05 01:58PM
    #19   2010/11/05 02:08PM
    alwaysEJ

Quote cats meow:
    Quote alwaysEJ:
    Quote cats meow:

and all those republicians are squeaky clean, the party of family values
    and if olbermann had no viewers, wouldn't it be better if he stayed on?

I think all elected officials should pay their taxes, & I think all married men should keep it in their pants. I will call out anyone, of any political party, who doesn't do both of those things. I think little of tax cheats & adulterers. I don't see that there is any legit excuse for Kerry not paying his taxes . . . it really doesn't matter if there is a Republican out there who hasn't paid his. They should all pay their taxes, period.

As for Olbermann staying on . . . I guess it would be better for Fox & CNN if that's what you're asking since they're in competition with MSNBC for viewers. From MSNBC's perspective, they need a few more viewers, in every time slot, & Olbermann isn't pulling them in & really hasn't been for quite some time.

#20   2010/11/05 09:06PM
    Coastie

Quote simplyirresistible: Flip flop?

This is the post that I commented on, and a little history behind my comment:
    The term flip flop was used extensively in the 2004 U.S. presidential election campaign. It was used as a catch-phrase for John Kerry, claiming he was "flip-flopping" his stance on several issues, including the ongoing war in Iraq. Famously, on March 16, 2004 during an appearance at Marshall University Kerry tried to explain his vote for an $87 billion supplemental appropriation for military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan by telling the crowd "I actually did vote for the $87 billion, before I voted against it."
    And yes Kerry is a tax cheater too!!

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list