recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: MSNBC anchor Keith Olbermann suspended indefinitel

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

MSNBC anchor Keith Olbermann suspended indefinitel

Started by Coastie at 2010/11/05 11:06AM
    Latest post: 2010/11/08 03:15PM, Views: 1088, Replies: 26
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2010/11/05 11:06AM
    MSNBC anchor Keith Olbermann suspended indefinitel
    Coastie

By BNO News
    NEW YORK (BNO NEWS) — MSNBC President Phil Griffin on Friday announced that MSNBC anchor Keith Olbermann was suspended indefinitely without pay, after news that he had donated to three Democratic candidates.
    “I became aware of Keith’s political contributions late last night. Mindful of NBC News policy and standards, I have suspended him indefinitely without pay,” said Griffin in a statement.

#2   2010/11/05 11:10AM
    Re: MSNBC anchor Keith Olbermann suspended indefinitel
    StL Cardinal...

Quote Coastie: By BNO News
    NEW YORK (BNO NEWS) — MSNBC President Phil Griffin on Friday announced that MSNBC anchor Keith Olbermann was suspended indefinitely without pay, after news that he had donated to three Democratic candidates.
    “I became aware of Keith’s political contributions late last night. Mindful of NBC News policy and standards, I have suspended him indefinitely without pay,” said Griffin in a statement.

WooHoo.....we can only hope that indefinitely means FOREVER!!

#3   2010/11/05 11:11AM
    bigtimesoapfan

LMAO!!!!! SEE Now that's funny "news"!! That guy aggravates the crapolla out of me!! Couldn't have happened to a more deserving person!!

#4   2010/11/05 12:10PM
    Coastie

From Washington Post:
    MSNBC host Keith Olberman made campaign contributions to Democrats, one of whom appeared on his program, "Countdown with Keith Olbermann."

Olbermann donated the maximum allowable amount to failed Democratic Senate candidate Jack Conway in Kentucky and Reps. Raul Grijalva and Gabrielle Giffords in Arizona. Olbermann donated to the Arizona lawmakers on Oct. 28 - the same day Grijalva appeared on Olbermann's show. Grijalva won another term, while Giffords appears to be leading in her race for re-election. Conway lost his Senate bid to Rand Paul.

In a statement to Politico, Olbermann said, "One week ago, on the night of Thursday October 28 2010, after a discussion with a friend about the state of politics in Arizona, I donated $2,400 each to the reelection campaigns of Democratic Representatives Raul Grijalva and Gabrielle Giffords. I also donated the same amount to the campaign of Democratic Senatorial candidate Jack Conway in Kentucky." Olbermann went on to say he "did not privately or publicly encourage anyone else to donate to these campaigns, nor to any others in this election or any previous ones, nor have I previously donated to any political campaign at any level."

The news comes in the wake of Olbermann's harsh criticism of Fox News parent company News Corp., which donated to Republican-leaning groups. MSNBC president Phil Griffin also issued an open challenge in light of the News Corp. donations, saying to The New York Times in October, "Show me an example of us fundraising."

Olbermann should have read his contract!

#5   2010/11/05 12:35PM
    StL Cardinal...

Quote Coastie: From Washington Post:
    MSNBC host Keith Olberman made campaign contributions to Democrats, one of whom appeared on his program, "Countdown with Keith Olbermann."

Olbermann donated the maximum allowable amount to failed Democratic Senate candidate Jack Conway in Kentucky and Reps. Raul Grijalva and Gabrielle Giffords in Arizona. Olbermann donated to the Arizona lawmakers on Oct. 28 - the same day Grijalva appeared on Olbermann's show. Grijalva won another term, while Giffords appears to be leading in her race for re-election. Conway lost his Senate bid to Rand Paul.

In a statement to Politico, Olbermann said, "One week ago, on the night of Thursday October 28 2010, after a discussion with a friend about the state of politics in Arizona, I donated $2,400 each to the reelection campaigns of Democratic Representatives Raul Grijalva and Gabrielle Giffords. I also donated the same amount to the campaign of Democratic Senatorial candidate Jack Conway in Kentucky." Olbermann went on to say he "did not privately or publicly encourage anyone else to donate to these campaigns, nor to any others in this election or any previous ones, nor have I previously donated to any political campaign at any level."

The news comes in the wake of Olbermann's harsh criticism of Fox News parent company News Corp., which donated to Republican-leaning groups. MSNBC president Phil Griffin also issued an open challenge in light of the News Corp. donations, saying to The New York Times in October, "Show me an example of us fundraising."

Olbermann should have read his contract!

---->>>Next they should check out Rachel Madcow's contributions too!!

#6   2010/11/05 12:43PM
    Longhornsfan79

Im sure the Huffington Post will pick him up....its the only other corrupt liberal "news orginazation" that will have him....oh wait I forgot NPR....or just maybe Olderdork can replace Robert Gibbs...Im sure he would LOVE to be Obambas Chief Propaganda Minister

#7   2010/11/05 12:49PM
    cats meow

i wonder why it was fine when hannity and buchanan, gave contributions to republician candidates

#8   2010/11/05 12:58PM
    Coastie

Quote cats meow: i wonder why it was fine when hannity and buchanan, gave contributions to republician candidates

Fox News programming head Bill Shine said there's no company policy against talk show personalities giving to candidates, but said Hannity would disclose the donation when Bachmann appears.

"It always good to remember that he's not a journalist, he's a conservative TV host," Shine said. "If he wants to donate to a candidate, he certainly can."

#9   2010/11/05 01:09PM
    simplyirresi...

Quote cats meow: i wonder why it was fine when hannity and buchanan, gave contributions to republician candidates

The Fox News commentator Sean Hannity, according to the Salon website, gave $5,000 to a political committee that supported Michele Bachmann, a Republican congresswoman and Tea Party favourite. But Fox, unlike MSNBC, sees no conflict of interest.
    www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/nov/05/nbc-anchorman-suspended-donating-democrats<... />

Cats the difference is that MSNBC has rules about their anchors not showing partiality to any political party. FOX however has not such policy as they in no way attempt to be "Fair and Balance". One network has morals and rules the other is just one side and one side only. They can do whatever they please while condemning others for doing the same thing. Fox anchors gave twice the amount Olberman did to each candidate they backed. Shows you which networks are UNFAIR in their reporting don't it? Pot meet kettle FOX!

#10   2010/11/05 01:16PM
    cats meow

Quote simplyirresistible:

The Fox News commentator Sean Hannity, according to the Salon website, gave $5,000 to a political committee that supported Michele Bachmann, a Republican congresswoman and Tea Party favourite. But Fox, unlike MSNBC, sees no conflict of interest.
    www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/nov/05/nbc-anchorman-suspended-donating-democrats<... />

Cats the difference is that MSNBC has rules about their anchors not showing partiality to any political party. FOX however has not such policy as they in no way attempt to be "Fair and Balance". One network has morals and rules the other is just one side and one side only. They can do whatever they please while condemning others for doing the same thing. Fox anchors gave twice the amount Olberman did to each candidate they backed. Shows you which networks are UNFAIR in their reporting don't it? Pot meet kettle FOX!

welcome aboard!!! you are in for quite the ride,

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list