recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Y&R Buddies

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Y&R Buddies

Started by k-bit at 2009/05/01 05:43AM
    Latest post: 2014/10/01 03:08PM, Views: 193507, Replies: 2145
    « 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 » »| page:
    #2071   2010/07/14 04:57PM
    Re: Y&R Buddies
    nonnie7

cybergidget - What wonderful news that your biopsy came back negative. As you probably already know if you've read the early posts on here that my daughter has breast cancer. She goes for PET scans every three months and goes to Hilman Cancer in Pittsburgh every month. Hers has spread to her pelvis bones. When she's bemoaning, which isn't often, the fact that she has b/c at all, she says that spending her life going to the doctor and having procedures done wasn't what she had planned. Guess that old saying about how life is what happens to you while you're busy makeing other plans is true. Your "Go tell it on the mountain" mission is an excellent one. While this particular daughter did have her annual mammo 4 months before the discovery, one of my other daughters just looks at me like I'm nuts when I get on her neck about getting a mammo.

#2072   2010/07/16 12:54PM
    grangran

Quote cybergidget: gran gran: If there is one thing I can do with the rest of my life it is to be an advocate for early detection and prevention. So many young women are being affected by this evil disease and many of them go undiagnosed for lack of a simple mammogram early on. This has really become my mission. Sort into that "go tell it on the mountain" mind set.

I agree this is one ugly disease. I will be getting a pap smear and mammogram in September. That is the earliest I could see my Dr.

I went today and got a lot of blood work done. I told them my oldest sister died with multi myeloma (bone cancer) and now my youngest sister has it. So I wanted them to test my blood for calcium. They are doing a complete blood work up. I will hear next week.

I use to say when I was younger if I had it I didn't want to know. But they can treat it better today, as least some forms of it.

#2073   2010/07/16 01:03PM
    grangran

Quote nonnie7: Hi, grangran - It's nice to have you back with us again after your travels to see your family. Back safe and sound - but it's nice to be back home and in your own bed with your own "stuff". Welcome home.

Thank you as they say it is nice to go but it is good to get back home. My sister tried her best to get me to stay another week. Although I feel at home at her house it is still not the same.

#2074   2010/07/24 07:07PM
    grangran

Well it has been over a week since the last post. Guess everyone has left this board. I usually check in every couple of days to see if anyone has stopped by.

Anyway I will just say it was nice talking to all of you and hope all is well. Maybe I will catch some of you on another board one day.

#2075   2010/07/26 06:53AM
    cybergidget

Hey there Y&R buddies! Been really hot here in Virginia for the last week or so. We had a band of storms blow through later yesterday afternoon pushing the hot air out. We went from 97 to 75 in less than 10 minutes! Got some rain too. This week is supposed to be more pleasant. Anything less than 100 with less humidity if a good thing!

#2076   2010/07/30 07:52AM
    CindiAnn

Carol – I’m just now reading your post in memory of Min Min. I knew from the daily updates that you had lost her, but to read your post on page 205 is so beautiful. She was very lucky that you found her as a kitten and loved her all these years.

#2077   2010/07/30 07:57AM
    CindiAnn

Quote cybergidget: sims: Yes, I am, along with a number of others who post here. I have been in the process of doing my 1 year follow up appointments. Unfortunately my mammo revealed a new "suspicious" area in the same breast at a different position. I had a biopsy done on Wednesday and hopefully the results will be back to day. So, for the moment, it is just putting one foot in front the other and moving forward even if it is slowly.

I've been negligent in reading on the Buddies site, but i do hope that you have gotten good news since this post. Prayers are sent up for just such.
    Cindi

#2078   2010/08/16 12:50PM
    nanas3

Hi everyone...prayers up for those who are ailing or in need!

#2079   2010/09/10 01:18PM
    CindiAnn

Special prayers and thoughts to all those in floods, fires and other natural disasters.

I don't see many recent posts here. If you're checking in, have a great weekend.

Cindi

#2080   2010/09/15 08:27AM
    cybergidget

Hi there one and all! I posted information on the board about October being breast cancer awareness month. Many local hospitals are providing free mammograms and screenings. Check your area for information. I have become active with the hospital where I was treated and doing a number of events. Please, get the word out. Save the tatas!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/09/15 08:29AM
    « 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list