recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Y&R Buddies

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Y&R Buddies

Started by k-bit at 2009/05/01 05:43AM
    Latest post: 2014/07/01 03:57PM, Views: 188270, Replies: 2143
    « 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 » »| page:
    #2061   2010/07/09 06:45AM
    Re: Y&R Buddies
    cybergidget

sims: Yes, I am, along with a number of others who post here. I have been in the process of doing my 1 year follow up appointments. Unfortunately my mammo revealed a new "suspicious" area in the same breast at a different position. I had a biopsy done on Wednesday and hopefully the results will be back to day. So, for the moment, it is just putting one foot in front the other and moving forward even if it is slowly.

#2062   2010/07/09 08:18AM
    shorty1943

Quote simscb:
    Quote shorty1943: simscb,
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your kitty, Min Min, that is such a hard loss for anyone. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

shorty,
    Looking at your avatar, you must be a cat lover also.

Thank you so much for your kind words of sympathy. Thank you for thinking about me and my beautiful Min Min and for the prayers.

Sincerely,
    Carol

I have been reading the comments here for some time and feel as though most of you are very close and that is wonderful. I have learned a lot about many of you and appreciate the comraderie that exists between you and your special buds here. You are ALL SPECIAL!

BTW, I fully comprehend why some who come here don't want to comment on the other boards. And....I don't blame you at all. I thought about stopping for good, but find myself addicted. Who knows? I may stop.

Hi, simscb,
    I am soooo a cat and dog lover, more so than a people lover sometimes!! Baillee, my precious dog died 5 years ago the 21st of this month, at this time I have several stray outside cats and my wonderful grandcat, Luke. He is staying with me while his house is being remodeled, only problem is, when they get ready for him....sorry he is mine!! I plan on getting another dog from a shelter when I stop traveling so much...I am more than ready for that..Hope you are getting better each day. It is so hard and we just have to serve our time with a loss like that...pray for brighter days ahead for you!

This is a special thread, so many kind hearted people. I post here and on the Brooke one on B&B board. Also on ATWT's but that will soon be over. People on these three are so nice, I suffered some really bad things on B&B....why do people think that they can bash a poster in such a mean fashion?? Well actually they can't and admin is showing them that. I post if and when something interest me, but that board is full of meaness and some people that will say anything that suits them, I do not like that..takes all the fun out of it. Not a lot of posting going on with it anymore, people do not have to put up with that sort of thing and it looks like they are not!! Oh well, I will stick with this wonderful site and all the kind folks on here.

cybergidget,
    I did not know that you are a cancer survivor....good for you!! I pray you get only good results from this latest round. Will remember you in my prayers each day! Will be so happy when they can finally put an end to this horrible disease and all the pain it causes!

#2063   2010/07/10 10:20AM
    simscb

Quote cybergidget: sims: Yes, I am, along with a number of others who post here. I have been in the process of doing my 1 year follow up appointments. Unfortunately my mammo revealed a new "suspicious" area in the same breast at a different position. I had a biopsy done on Wednesday and hopefully the results will be back to day. So, for the moment, it is just putting one foot in front the other and moving forward even if it is slowly.

I am praying that the "suspicious area" is benign and it is not a recurrence. Please keep me posted.

With all the money that has gone into cancer research, I keep asking myself, just like everyone else. "Why haven't they discovered a cure yet?"

#2064   2010/07/11 02:13PM
    nonnie7

Hi, Carol and everybody else - I hope you've been able to get some rest after the past several stressful days and are feeling stronger now.

Thanks, Carol, for asking if I ever had the nerve to again go careening around Walmart at the crack of dawn in the motorized shopping cart. No, I've never scared up the nerve again but I know I have to. I guess knocking down the trash cans and almost plowing down the poor guy with the metal cart full of meats did it.

The weather here in the cental part of PA is a little cooler today. Two weeks ago, it was only in the 60's but then last week, it was in the high 90's. Go figure.

With you and others mentioning that they had their beloved pets buried on their property - there's an elderly lady in her 90's who lives not too far away who, when her husband passed away, his resting place was on their property which consists of many acres. Thereafter, her beloved twin sister with whom she was too close passed away also and this elderly lady had her interred next to the elderly lady's husband. She was really tortured because she has claustrophobia so badly and she won't tell who she got to help her, but she had them both disinterred and brought them both into the house where one lay on one couch on a porch and the other on a couch in a garage. Good grief! I don't know how many months or years they were there until somebody told the authorities. This lady lives in a very remote area with few visitors and no children. The authorities found her to be in very sound mind and was fully aware of what she had done so they gave her a time limit to build a mousouleum (sp?) on her property for them or else the authorities will inter them at a regular cemetery. I kind of feel sorry for her. Good grief!!

cybergidget - I, too, am so sorry to learn of your health problems and hope that the results of your tests will come back with good results. Please let us know how you are. I've really enjoyed having you on the posting board - or whatever it's called - where we all give our opinions. You are always able to see clearly what's going on and that's a joy to read.

Love to all,

Dora

#2065   2010/07/13 09:05AM
    grangran

Hello to everyone I got back home yesterday and hope all of you had a good 4th and was able to be with your loved ones. My two sons and grandson live close to me, but my sister and most of my nieces and nephews live around Charleston SC.

WE all got together and had a great 4th food, fireworks, just talking and laughing together, we love to play the card game spades. So when we get together we love to get up a spade game when everything calms down.

Carol so sorry to hear you lost your cat, our pets are so special. I don't have one but I love dogs, and both my sons have dogs which are like my grand dogs. They have lost a couple and we were all very upset. Hope you will fill better soon.

cybergidget, I also did not know about your health, I will pray everything goes good for you.

So good to see a lot of you back on the board I keep all of you in my prayers.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/07/13 09:09AM
    #2066   2010/07/13 09:17AM
    grangran

You know sometimes you just need to talk to someone who knows what you are going through. Someone who understands things that others may not understand.

That is why I love this board you can talk to people that have been through the same thing or knows someone who has.

Even if you don't know them outside this board, it seems like you do. And they are always there for you. And it helps just to know someone is listening.

((((((((HUGS)))))))) to all of you.

#2067   2010/07/14 09:30AM
    cybergidget

Thanks to all of you for your positive thoughts and prayers. It must have made a difference.

The biopsy came back on Monday and was negative for cancer at this point. I saw the surgeon yesterday and we discussed it in depth. There are some calcification issues. We will monitor it on a 6 month basis. I have to do mammograms every 6 months anyhow for the next several years.

So, for the moment, all is well. I just have to be diligent and observant. And oh yea, take the nasty ole hormone meds.

Could be worse.

#2068   2010/07/14 10:20AM
    grangran

Quote cybergidget: Thanks to all of you for your positive thoughts and prayers. It must have made a difference.

The biopsy came back on Monday and was negative for cancer at this point. I saw the surgeon yesterday and we discussed it in depth. There are some calcification issues. We will monitor it on a 6 month basis. I have to do mammograms every 6 months anyhow for the next several years.

So, for the moment, all is well. I just have to be diligent and observant. And oh yea, take the nasty ole hormone meds.

Could be worse.

I am so glad the test came back good. I pray your health will continue to be good.

Hello to everyone hope all is well.

#2069   2010/07/14 10:35AM
    cybergidget

gran gran: If there is one thing I can do with the rest of my life it is to be an advocate for early detection and prevention. So many young women are being affected by this evil disease and many of them go undiagnosed for lack of a simple mammogram early on. This has really become my mission. Sort into that "go tell it on the mountain" mind set.

#2070   2010/07/14 04:44PM
    nonnie7

Hi, grangran - It's nice to have you back with us again after your travels to see your family. Back safe and sound - but it's nice to be back home and in your own bed with your own "stuff". Welcome home.

« 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list