recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Soaps.com - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Y&R Buddies

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Y&R Buddies

Started by k-bit at 2009/05/01 05:43AM
    Latest post: 2014/10/01 03:08PM, Views: 198323, Replies: 2145
    « 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 » »| page:
    #2051   2010/07/08 02:36PM
    Re: Y&R Buddies
    kaycountrygal

Carol, I am so sorry about your Min Min. I KNOW how hard it is to have a dear pet put to sleep... but as you said, it was the humane thing to do. You gave her a wonderful 14.5 years of love and caring. It would have been cruel to let her suffer. Having said that, I understand you are sad at this time. I too believe that one day we will be united with our pets who have passed.

I had to do it for a loving dog Sally and for a loving cat Luke1. I cried and cried and they are both buried in the side yard with a third pet (dog) that died suddenly from a heart problem. Each time I got foot markers from a place that does tombstones for people.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry for your loss. Kay in NC

#2052   2010/07/08 03:40PM
    nonnie7

Carol - I'm so very, very sorry to learn of MinMin's illness and passing. You must be heartbroken. Fourteen years is a long time to love a little kitty but she was certainly lucky to have you to love her.

A couple of years ago, I had to have our 23-year-old put down because she had a brain tumor. Then last year, our 17 year old Tuxedo cat went into kidney failure and there was nothing to be done and there's not a day goes by when I don't think of her and almost cry. As she got more sick, she seemed to be afraid and followed me everywhere and to this day, I don't sit down in a chair or on the bed without looking to see if she's followed me there. I don't even roll over in bed without subconsciously puting my arm out to make sure I don't roll onto her. Wonder if that will ever go away. She was my buddy.

Please know that you're in my prayers. God Speed, MinMin.

#2053   2010/07/08 04:29PM
    simscb

Quote Coastie: Oh Carol, I am so deeply touched by your story, and very sad for your loss of a great friend. I know that you took very good care of her and she knew it too.

Thank you, my friend.
    The man who does my yard work finished with her burial just before 6:00. I was out there with him the entire time and after. Losing her after all these years hurts so much. Yes, she knew how much I loved her.

#2054   2010/07/08 04:39PM
    simscb

Quote kaycountrygal: Carol, I am so sorry about your Min Min. I KNOW how hard it is to have a dear pet put to sleep... but as you said, it was the humane thing to do. You gave her a wonderful 14.5 years of love and caring. It would have been cruel to let her suffer. Having said that, I understand you are sad at this time. I too believe that one day we will be united with our pets who have passed.

I had to do it for a loving dog Sally and for a loving cat Luke1. I cried and cried and they are both buried in the side yard with a third pet (dog) that died suddenly from a heart problem. Each time I got foot markers from a place that does tombstones for people.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry for your loss. Kay in NC

Kay,
    Thank you so much for your kind words of consolation. As I wrote to you earlier, only animal lovers would understand how we grieve for our pets.

I share your grief also and know you think of them often.

I also lost another long-haired yellow/white male, named Bee Bee(My young daughter's choice). Lost him to cancer a few years before getting Min Min. I think of him every day and sometimes cry. There are several others buried in that same area that I also miss.

#2055   2010/07/08 04:41PM
    shorty1943

simscb,
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your kitty, Min Min, that is such a hard loss for anyone. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

#2056   2010/07/08 04:48PM
    simscb

Quote nonnie7: Carol - I'm so very, very sorry to learn of MinMin's illness and passing. You must be heartbroken. Fourteen years is a long time to love a little kitty but she was certainly lucky to have you to love her.

A couple of years ago, I had to have our 23-year-old put down because she had a brain tumor. Then last year, our 17 year old Tuxedo cat went into kidney failure and there was nothing to be done and there's not a day goes by when I don't think of her and almost cry. As she got more sick, she seemed to be afraid and followed me everywhere and to this day, I don't sit down in a chair or on the bed without looking to see if she's followed me there. I don't even roll over in bed without subconsciously puting my arm out to make sure I don't roll onto her. Wonder if that will ever go away. She was my buddy.

Please know that you're in my prayers. God Speed, MinMin.

nonnie,
    Thank you so much for your words of consolation in my grief. You have had the same pain and are still grieving. I also share your pain.

These "children" of ours may leave our lives, but never our hearts. Min Min and Bee Bee were my BEST BUDS all those years. I still find myself looking for Bee Bee and now it's Min Min.

Thank you for your prayers.
    Sincerely,
    Carol

I hope you are doing well physically. Are you still riding in the mobile cart in the store that you wrote about some time ago? I always pray for you and especially those on the board who communicate with me. Take care of yourself.

#2057   2010/07/08 04:59PM
    simscb

Quote shorty1943: simscb,
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your kitty, Min Min, that is such a hard loss for anyone. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

shorty,
    Looking at your avatar, you must be a cat lover also.

Thank you so much for your kind words of sympathy. Thank you for thinking about me and my beautiful Min Min and for the prayers.

Sincerely,
    Carol

I have been reading the comments here for some time and feel as though most of you are very close and that is wonderful. I have learned a lot about many of you and appreciate the comraderie that exists between you and your special buds here. You are ALL SPECIAL!

BTW, I fully comprehend why some who come here don't want to comment on the other boards. And....I don't blame you at all. I thought about stopping for good, but find myself addicted. Who knows? I may stop.

#2058   2010/07/08 05:15PM
    cybergidget

sims: I so feel your loss. It is very difficult to let go of a loved pet after so many years. You did what you had to do. Your kitty has gone on to a better place and will feel no pain. She will just chase those angel mice. Feel better soon.

#2059   2010/07/08 05:18PM
    cybergidget

I know it may sound silly but when I buried my LF *Long Fellow* cat his stone read " I came, I purred, I conquered."

#2060   2010/07/08 08:58PM
    simscb

Quote cybergidget: sims: I so feel your loss. It is very difficult to let go of a loved pet after so many years. You did what you had to do. Your kitty has gone on to a better place and will feel no pain. She will just chase those angel mice. Feel better soon.

cyber: Thank you for your kind words of consolation. You are probably right because I never even thought about her chasing angel mice. Knowing that she is in a far better place than we are is my consolation.

You have a great way with words and so comical. I truly enjoy your comments on the board every time you are there.

Knowing that so many of you care enough to extend your condolences mean the world to me and I am most appreciative.

Now, if I could only stop crying. I know it will gt better, but at this point I am so heart broken. I keep looking at all the places she loved to sit, lie down and sleep.

A fellow poster told me that are a cancer survivor. I have been praying for you since she told me. Hope you will spend the rest of your life cancer FREE.

« 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list