As the World Turns - NEWS ROOM

In our 'As The World Turns' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

ATWT Maura West new baby boy!

Thursday, February 08 2007

Maura West & Scott DeFreitas (CBS)
    Originally posted October 3 2006
    Updated February 8 2007

As the World Turns Maura West (Carly), and her husband Scott DeFreitas (Ex-Andy ATWT) are expecting a little bundle of joy in the spring of 2007!

Maura and Scott already have three children, Katherine Marie (4 1/2), Joseph Peter (6 1/2) and from Maura's previous relationship, Benjamin (10).

Maura had the birth of second son, Joseph, documented on television for 'A Baby Story'. No word yet on whether or not she plans to do the same this time around.

Soaps.com wishes Maura and Scott all the best with their new baby. You'll hear back from us when the baby arrives!

UPDATE!!!

Maura and Scott are happy to announce that they now have a new baby boy. Basil John was born on January 30th, weighing in at 9lbs 10 oz.

Soaps.com wishes Maura and Scott all the best!

Posted by Erin at Monday, October 02 2006 02:08 PM

aww, I'm happy that she is having another child, but will she be leaving as the world turns? Or will her character just be portrayed by someone else for awhile? I really enjoy watching Maura West's "Carly", and I really hope she stays, even if she has to leave for awhile, just not permanetly.....please oh ,please....

Posted by tsavoie at Monday, October 02 2006 02:57 PM

Congradulations! Maura&Scott! on yall new arrival.

Posted by daisydiddl at Monday, October 02 2006 03:46 PM

I am so happy for "Carly," wish her all the best. I just hope that she will remain with ATWT and maybe, just maybe, she and Jack reunite and have another baby:)

Posted by athena8785 at Monday, October 02 2006 04:09 PM

either her and jack will reunite or her fling with simon will lead to the pregnancy. i hope its her and jack but i have a feeling it will go the other or itll be like sage and she wont know who the father is until after its born.

Posted by softball3332 at Monday, October 02 2006 06:12 PM

Congratulations to Scott & Maura!

Posted by Lianne_Holland at Tuesday, October 03 2006 02:45 AM

Hi! Congratulations!
    I'm from Holland, and I'm a big fan of Maura!
    I hope that she won't leave ATWT, because it's fantastic with here in it!

Sorry for my language, but I'm trying to write good English!

Maura! Your the best!!

Posted by Rocketm3 at Tuesday, October 03 2006 12:34 PM

I am thrilled & Carley is the "light" of the soaps, and truly the only reason I am still watching (with Jade on).
    My only request.... PLEASE don't let her have a baby on the show by someone she doesn't love. (way toooo many soap opera "mishaps" going on on almost every show... I have stated in other messages, that is entirely over used and stagnant.

Posted by softball3332 at Tuesday, October 03 2006 05:45 PM

I really like Zach as Casey! I hope he stays on and the role doesn't get recast!

Posted by jamaalrobinson at Tuesday, October 03 2006 08:45 PM

I like carley on the show. I hope she do not leave the show.

Posted by maddie_03 at Tuesday, October 03 2006 10:17 PM

congrats to you maura!! although i hate to see you go!! please consider having your bundle of joy on the show and also consider JACK being the father you two make a perfect couple!!! ya you have your your flaws in you and Jacks relationship.... BUT who doesn't!?? You and Jack make the show worth watching, along with other great favs of mine... you have the love that only some of us daydream about..

MORE COMMENTS: 1 2 3 » »| page: