As the World Turns - NEWS ROOM

In our 'As The World Turns' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Cady McClain Leaving ATWT!

Monday, November 12 2007

Cady McClain announces her departure! (CBS.com)
    Cady McClain's Rosanna has only been back in Oakdale, after a two year coma, for a few months but already it looks as if her stay will be short lived. Cady posted in her official blog last week that the "Rosanna" storyline was going to wrap up sooner than originally thought.

"I have sad news. [The Powers That Be] are wrapping up the Rosanna storyline early. I was slated to work through February, but the story took a dramatic turn that will alter that plan," wrote Cady on her blog. You can read the entire post here. She went on to write, "I have always been open to all possibilities, even this one, but I will be sad to have to say goodbye so soon."

As soon as word leaked earlier this year that Cady was leaving All My Children, fans began buzzing about the possibilities that Cady would land in Oakdale to reprise the Rosanna role. When her first episodes aired early this summer fans were ecstatic. Those feelings cooled quickly, however, when Post-Coma-Rosanna began to seem very different than Pre-Coma-Rosanna.

Fans have been upset about the Rosanna storyline. (Soaps.com)
    In years past, Rosanna was a strong woman who wasn't dependent on a man for anything. But it became clear very early that she was very attached and dependent upon Paul. Fans thought this was very un-Rosanna like.

Kare Bear said, "I couldn't believe she married Paul after hearing him and Meg in the graveyard. Her character was always much stronger than that and it didn't make sense."

Several other fans agreed with that statement. A few have mentioned the possibility of Cady returning to her fan-favorite role as Dixie Cooney Martin on AMC. There is no word from either camp about what is next for Cady or the characters she has created on daytime television.

On her blog, Cady wrote that even she isn't sure where she will go or what she will do next, but says she is looking forward to the New Year.

Soaps.com has not received word when the Rosanna storyline will wrap. We'll keep you all posted on this as the story develops.

Whatever the future holds for Cady - and Rosanna! - we wish her only the best. Good luck, Cady!

Posted by angelicmystery at Monday, November 12 2007 02:03 PM

Well, I am going miss her:) I wish Rosanna got to stay quite awhile longer. I wish her the best:) And continue to follow wherever she goes next. They need to give her characters a chance to stay and have more of a story. It just seems to go way too quickly. Maybe the next time around:)

Posted by Teiralinda at Monday, November 12 2007 02:13 PM

This is so apalling.....THis lady is a "golden actress" and they are gonna write her out this soon??????? Its the writers fault for making her charater "dependent".. Holy smoke, they write all kinds of other crapo..get rid of Iris and Sophie and all that bunch. Keep the Roseanna character - shes about the only one in this soap I like besides Lilly, Katie and Barbara. DO SOMETHING AND KEEP THIS ACTRESS!!!! It will be a very sad day to see this actree leave due to inept writers and storyline.

Posted by Keaton at Monday, November 12 2007 05:01 PM

I am sad to hear of her leaving. GL is losing a great actress, who is an asset to the show. I hate to see her survive a devastating coma after two years, then slip into another one. I wish the writers would have given this beautiful, talented actress a better sl.

Posted by Kris8888 at Tuesday, November 13 2007 06:07 AM

Cady you are such a beautiful person and with your acting skills I'm sure you will find something very soon. I am going to miss you playing the role of Roseanna. I loved you when you played Dixie your were Tad true love. I don't understand why some of the writers don't wake up and keep the good actor/actress around. They need to get rid of the borning ones. Cady take care and hope to see you in a new great storyline somewhere.

Posted by SandraJ at Tuesday, November 13 2007 10:32 AM

I can't believe that because the writers gave her a stupid s/l that she has to leave instead of the writers. The writers completed missed who the Rosanna character is by a mile. Like Teiralinda Rosanna was one of my favorite women characters. I certainly will miss her. ATWT's loss.

Posted by baby doxies at Tuesday, November 13 2007 08:01 PM

This is such a shame! What a waste. Good luck Cady!!

Posted by Kscot337 at Tuesday, November 13 2007 08:15 PM

I'm sad to see her go I was loving the triangle between Rosanna/Paul/Meg/Craig I wish she stay on as long as possible I was just getting used to her being back on the show.

I wish u all the best in your future endeavors.
    God Bless you, Kavonda Barge.

p.s I am and always will be a big fan of yours, you are a good actress keepup the good work.

Posted by bigjack at Wednesday, November 14 2007 11:02 AM

i.m really going to miss her,alltho i think paul belongs with meg.

Posted by wilsonbriggs2 at Wednesday, November 14 2007 03:14 PM

i'm going 2 miss rosanna 2 wish her the best

Posted by waynegirl at Friday, November 16 2007 06:06 PM

Iam sad that she is leaving.I wish she can stay for the truth to come out about Meg's baby.I hope she tell Paul the truth before she leaves.I want to see the expression on Craig face.