As the World Turns - NEWS ROOM

In our 'As The World Turns' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

"Carly's Lie" is Pushing ATWT Fans' buttons!

Wednesday, October 31 2007

Everyone wants Carly to stop lying. (Soaps.com)
    It has been a crazy couple of months in Oakdale: Jack and Katie got married, Carly began feeling sick (and was diagnosed with a terminal disease) and Jack stepped up to the plate for her. Since, we've learned that Carly was mis-diagnosed by her doctors but she insists on living out her lie to get Jack back.

The entire storyline has some long-term "CarJack" fans seeing red - and blaming the As the World Turns writing staff for "ruining" their favorite leading lady.

Here is what a few of them have had to say:

AgentSweetness said, "It's hard to watch Carly act like this. I love her but the writers are doing a good job of letting me dislike her. I can't help disliking her, in fact I can't watch her."

All4Babe said, "Right now I am just disgusted with the writers, I don't know why they would want to destroy one of the most core/loved characters on the show, but I hope they think of something really good that could redeem Carly and put her back with Jack."

Does this look like a sick woman? (Soaps.com)
    Martha26 said, "I think they wanted to hurt the Carly fan base and looks like they have succeeded. . .Fans who like Carly are disliking her. . .The writers are hurting the Carjack fanbase, everything that held true value, like Montana, has been tainted by 'the lie'. They only have to smash the compass to make it truly final."

But not everyone is making the writers the scapegoat for the storyline.

Chrissi said, "The writers want people to watch. I highly doubt if they have a vested interest in hacking up people's lovely couples.

And it doesn't bother me a bit - the writing right now. I think its great story material. I like both Carly and Katie and I see why they do what they do, so they're easy to forgive. Haha and in soaps, ya have to be forgiving if you're going to watch!"

RevasFan said, "The idea that writers would purposely try to hurt their viewers or a specific fanbase is nonsense to me."

LukesBoy said, "People who write for television or any other medium are not idling their time until something better comes along. Do you know how hard it is to come by a job writing for a television show? These people are trying to build a career, the head writers to keep working in the positions that they have, and the other writers to get recognition for their work and make the move to bigger and better positions. Of course they care about what they are doing, and want others to see it as good work."

But it isn't just this storyline that has fans asking questions. Some say that the disappearance of favorite sets like Lily's home and the absence of favorite characters like Lucinda are all pointing to bad news - like cancellation! - for our favorite soap city.

News that ATWT's contract, along with a few other CBS Soaps, would come up in July 2008 was released a few days ago. Since then Soaps.com has learned that the CBS soaps have plans to cut their budgets in the New Year to ensure that our favorite shows don't go off the air. Those budget cuts don't include getting rid of any characters, but fans can expect to see some changes. You can read about that here.

Now, I can't tell the future, but I think (and hope!) ATWT will be around for a long, long time to come.

Posted by luvmyboxers at Wednesday, October 31 2007 06:10 AM

I know its just soaps, but for those of us who watch eveyday, and has for years, feel like theese characters are like a part of our family.
    I have always been a Carley fan, but its just plain cruel what she is doing to Jack.Besides who would want some one that is only with you out of pitty?? I know he loves her, but he loves Katie too, and right now Katie looks like an angel comapred to Carley!!!

Posted by takersboo at Wednesday, October 31 2007 08:11 AM

Carly has always been like this . She will do anything to get Jack even if it hurts everyone including her kids and Jack himself . So whatever Carly gets is what she deserves and it should of happened a long time ago . If the writers put them together again after what she has been doing they are just putting this show down the toilet . This is my favorite show and it would be sad to see it happen .

Posted by Revasfan at Wednesday, October 31 2007 08:52 AM

I can't wait for this whole mess to blow up in her face!

Posted by DanzDeva at Wednesday, October 31 2007 11:30 AM

Most of the storylines are horrible right now. I read on the website and delete when I get home. Yes, Carly is wrong for using this to get Jack back. However, it's Jack's choice to leave his new wife, move in with Carly and make love to her. The whole thing is sad cause in the end Carly will be the only one blamed for it. Everyone involved has done something wrong. Carly - Lying. Jack - He only married Katie to get back at Carly for picking Simon over him. He knew he still loved her. Katie - she was wrong for telling on Simon and Carly just cause she slept with him and ruined her marriage to a great guy. Also, karma has come back for her and she got what she deserved. Brad - He know he still wants Katie. Pretending to be her friend is a bunch of crap. Please end it soon. Although I don't think it would be fair to have Katie discover and blow Carly's secret. She's no saint and I'm tired of her being betrayed as the helpless angel in all of this. Quickly I would like to add that I'm sick of Holden, the Meg, Paul and Rosanna storyline sucks, Gwen and Will needs some happiness and don't let the new storyline with Emily, Chris and Alison go down the drain. I'm still a fan but slowly drifting. CBS soaps are still the best on TV.

Posted by pettie at Wednesday, October 31 2007 03:22 PM

If katie got what she deserves for what she did to mike than carly will get hers also. What comes around goes around. It goes both ways isnt it.
    Jack isnt her toy. But than i wont feel sorry for her becaused she lied. What katie did to mike was bad but she didnt do anything to carly.
    Carly wasnt married to simon nor Mike. Simon was the one that went to katie and jumped her. To prove that he always loved her. But carly still left with him anyway so she forgave simon for sleeping with his ex. I didnt hear her complaining about that. So what is she mad about. O i know that jack married katie. O please grow up girl. And have a life.

Posted by soapfan1970 at Friday, November 02 2007 12:01 PM

I am so sick of Carly! She thinks Jack is a toy put him on the shelf to sit until she's ready to play again. Not only did she leave her kids for Simone (I lost all respect and love for her) now she LIES to them and makes them believe she's dying! What type of mother is she? Now Jack is so stupid at times. It's almost as if Carly has cast a spell on him. I'm tired of this storyline and I will be glad when the truth comes out. If the writers put Carly and Jack back together I will no longer watch. They have had enough times let's try something new and different. Carly did nbot give a rats butt about Jack when she was consistantly sleeping with Simon. However, now that he's gone she simple takes what she can't have again. Brad is in love with Katie but he should love his brother more. Let go! I am tired of the writers turning all family members against each other when will they reflect family/sibling loyalty?

Posted by carjacker4ever at Saturday, November 03 2007 02:10 PM

Could not have said it better myself...SHE IS THE SHOW. I love Carly no matter what. What she is doing is classic Carly. Carly and Jack belong together and part of the fun is watching what it takes for them to get back together.

Posted by frostysnowgirl at Sunday, November 04 2007 07:14 AM

I have never liked CARLY! I hope her and Jack NEVER get back together! I think that the writers are doing a great job.

Posted by timsbabe at Sunday, November 04 2007 03:54 PM

I dont know what all the hoopla is around this story line, Carly has ALWAYS been a minipulator, especially when its about a man, especially her G-man.

Posted by DRG107 at Monday, November 05 2007 08:48 AM

Why couldn't they just unite Carly and Jack with some dignity for once??! She didn't create the lie and you can't blame her for using it to get some time with Jack. But the time came for her to tell him after they spent time together that she was mis-diagnosed and let the chips fall- IF it was 'there-for-her' - he would have come back but it wouldn't be because of tricks and lies. Tired of seeing Carly as deceitful. She needed this chance to show Jack she had learned her lesson...now they have confirmed she can't change...too sad!

MORE COMMENTS: 1 2 3 » »| page: