As the World Turns - NEWS ROOM

In our 'As The World Turns' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Alexandra Chando is leaving ATWT!

Tuesday, October 16 2007

Alexandra Chando (CBS)
    She has only been in Oakdale since 2005, but actress Alexandra Chando, Maddie, is reported to be leaving As The World Turns later this month! Reports say Maddie will be seen for the last time when she leaves town for college on October 26th.

We may have only known Maddie for a few months but several fans are disappointed that our favorite college girl won't be on the canvas much longer. Here is what some of you had to say.

CarJacker4Life said, "I'm so sad to see her go! I love Maddie!"

We'll miss seeing Maddie! (Soaps.com)
    ZinxyDiva said, "Rats I wanted to see more scenes with her interacting with Nuke. And poor Henry is losing his Bright Eyes."

Joie said, "At least she won't be dying, you know like a lot of shows kill off the characters who leave. This way SHE MAY COME BACK!"

J+CPlease said, "I'm not that upset about her leaving, but only because she hasn't had a good storyline since Casey left."

ErleeBird said, "Oh No! She's one of my favorites on the show! And one of the few women who are not "filled" with themselves! TRIPLE HOLY COW!!!!!"

The storyline surrounding Maddie has relegated her to a mostly back-burner actress in recent months - she went to Branson for Gwen's singing debut earlier this summer and got involved with Noah. Once they returned, Noah was adamant that Maddie move in with him and stay in Oakdale (so that he could ignore his feelings for Luke) so they could attend college together. Now that Noah has come out of the closet, it appears Maddie is free to follow her own dreams and attend Wesleyan.

However, prior to this summer her storyline (surrounding the kids getting killed last summer) help to earn Alexandra an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Younger Actress in a drama series in 2007.

Will the character of Maddie leave a void in Oakdale? It was fun to see her interacting with both Luke and Noah, especially after Noah came out to her. She could also lend her support to both guys as they struggle with their first real relationship. Or will Maddie only be missed for a few days? After all, with Noah and Luke both admitting their feelings, the story will turn to the growth of their relationship. A relationship of which Maddie isn't a part.

What are your thoughts?

Posted by chefjay at Tuesday, October 16 2007 10:18 AM

ANOTHER GOOD CHARACTER LEAVING THE SHOW.HATE TO SEE THIS HAPPEN.MADDIE IS GREAT ON THE SHOW AND SO WAS CASEY.GOOD NEWS CARLY'S STAYING.IF SHE LEFT, YOU WOULD OF LOST A FAN.CHEFJAY

Posted by honeydrop81 at Tuesday, October 16 2007 10:39 AM

I will definitely miss Maddie. Yes its true when Noah finally admitted his feelings to Luke but Henry will miss her and her friendship with Gwen. can't they bring a new guy on the show for her? Always when you really get connected to a character and the person playing the part the writers get rid of them for one reason or another.

Posted by pat102101 at Tuesday, October 16 2007 11:51 AM

I really hate to see Maddie go but best wishes go out to her with whatever her future may be. She is a very beautiful
    young lady and I'm sure that what ever she does will be a success. WE WILL GREATLY MISS HER.

Posted by GLandWT at Tuesday, October 16 2007 04:07 PM

I agree with you pat102101. She is a beautiful girl and I will miss her charater on ATWT. I wish she could had stayed and gotten back with Casey. Nevertheless, best wishes.

Posted by oceandeepestblue at Tuesday, October 16 2007 05:36 PM

This is a huge shock. Alex has been a great Maddie and it's just not going to be same with her around. I'm glad she was a part of one of the huge storyline this year (Nuke). I wish her the best in her future projects.

Posted by baby doxies at Tuesday, October 16 2007 08:06 PM

Gosh, what a gorgeous photo of her! So sorry she is leaving, I would have liked to see more scenes with her, Vienna & Henry. Good luck & best wishes to you.

Posted by takersboo at Wednesday, October 17 2007 04:44 AM

I dont want her to leave she is a big part on the show. What happen to oakdale U i thoought she was going there.

Posted by Fran the Pan at Wednesday, October 17 2007 08:58 AM

I sure hope she is rehired at a later time.
    She is very refreashing, I like the way Henry and her
    interact.

Posted by iam2goofy4u at Wednesday, October 17 2007 05:48 PM

Posted by iam2goofy4u at Wednesday, October 17 2007 05:49 PM

GLandWT you said it all in a nut shell/ Going to miss you maddie / Hope to see you again ..