As the World Turns - NEWS ROOM

In our 'As The World Turns' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Soaps.com Chats with ATWT's Jake Silbermann!

Thursday, September 27 2007

Jake Silbermann plays Noah (CBS)
    He has only been in Oakdale for a couple of months, but already Jake Silbermann, Noah, has become a fan favorite! With his handsome looks and the help of a great (and controversial!) storyline, it looks like Jake will be around for years to come.

I had the chance to chat with Jake about As The World Turns a few days ago and found out that become Oakdale's most recent "overnight success" has been a difficult but fun road to travel.

Kristi - "Let's talk a little bit about the show first off. Noah and Maddie seemed to hit it off right away. Then the attraction with Luke and now Noah's father is in town. Will things get any easier for Noah?"

Jake: Well, he (Noah) definitely has a past which we're going to learn more about. But the colonel is coming from a place that he wants to be a good father, he wants to raise Noah in "the right way". Noah is reacting to that. His father always seems to come back (into his life) at points where Noah is ready to say "I am ready to be on my own", and then his father will try to step in and exert his control again. So Noah will take one step forward and two steps back."

Kristi - "What are your thoughts on the Noah/Maddie/Luke love triangle?"

What does the future hold for "Nuke"? (CBS)
    Jake - "I think more than anything, Noah and Maddie were friends and their whole romance kind of took them both by surprise as well. So, I think at the heart of their relationship they have been friends and I hope they will remain friends."

Kristi - "Now that Maddie knows the truth about Noah and Luke, how will the relationship change?

Jake - "She is a very supportive person and I think she is ultimately supports them both."

Kristi - "What has been the response of fans to the storyline?"

Jake - "It's been very supportive. I've only encountered people saying how happy they are about this storyline and that it's being done really well. I'm honored to be part of such an important storyline. I didn't really know what to expect (but) everyone has been great and I've made some really good friends. As an actor, you're always excited to begin new things but don't know what to expect."

Kristi - "Where would you like the character of Noah to go in the months ahead?"

Jake - "There are so many places that this romance can and will go that I just want to see it go to a place of real emotions."

Soaps.com also had the chance to chat with Jake about other cast members and we talked about some funny moments from the set. Stay tuned, we'll have the rest of my interview with Jake in a few days!

My huge thanks go out to Jake Silbermann for taking time out of his busy schedule to chat with us. Soaps.com loves to hear news from the set. As the shooting schedule heads into the busy fall ratings period, we are looking forward to seeing a lot more of you on ATWT!

Posted by baby doxies at Thursday, September 27 2007 06:55 PM

Thanks for this interview. I really enjoyed reading it. I am very interested to see where this s/l takes us.

Posted by PelphreyPosse at Thursday, September 27 2007 07:37 PM

I recently met Jake at the Marco Island event and he was charming. I have been watching closely with his storyline and am very impressed with how he has handled himself. He is quite a find and an extremely talented young man.

Posted by purple1116 at Thursday, September 27 2007 07:51 PM

i read the interview. it was good. i met him at the luncheon in april. he was so nice. i am going to the bowling at chelsa pier on october 7th. it should be good.my email name is luvpurple1116@aol.com if anybody wants to chat. my name is lisa shtypowany.

Posted by dave contreras at Saturday, September 29 2007 09:11 AM

I read the articial about Jake Silbermann who plays
    Noah, on the show.I still think it's Great in my Opinion!!!
    that the Head Writers on the Show are showing this on the
    Show!,:) I think it's about time!.Not like alot of people
    out there, I can't be home @ the 1:pm to watch ATWT, so I
    must (tape) it, I work 10 hrs @ my place of work!, so when
    I get home,I have something too "watch".I am Looking for-
    ward seeing where this story with Luke&Noah will be going!.I'm not thrilled about the actions Col.Winton Mayer
    is taking agaist Luke&Noah.
    It's just a Soap Opera.

Posted by ATWT-FAN2 at Monday, October 01 2007 12:49 PM

Excellent interview. Jake sounds like a gem and what he and Van and ATWT has done is truly groundbreaking! Hope the s/l goes on for a VERY long time

Posted by SEA BREEZES at Tuesday, October 02 2007 02:54 PM

HI IAM A HUGE FIN OF AS THE WORLD TURNS I HAVE BEEN FOR A LONGE TIME NOW WHEN BOB WAS A YOUNG MAN LISE WAS VERY YOUNG WITH BOB THIS IS VERY GOOD THE GOOD TOO. BUT YOU HAVE TWO GUY MAN KISSING THAT IS SO SICKINING IT JUST MAKE ME SICK ON MY STAMACH SO NOW I TURN OVER WHEN I SEE THAM.

Posted by dwebster at Thursday, October 11 2007 01:43 PM

I don't know where Jake was looking that he found a lot of support because this website had only a few people in favor of the alternative lifestyle.

Posted by bigfan07 at Friday, October 12 2007 06:16 AM

i am a huge fan of the show and i want to applaud as the world turns for the LUKE & NOAH storyline i think it is great i look forward to seeing show everyday iloook forward to seeing where the storylines will go next i look forward to it again wtg writers keep up good work