List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: The Original Cast of "As the World Turns"

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The Original Cast of "As the World Turns"

Started by AMC_Fan2008 at 2008/08/30 12:54PM
    Latest post: 2008/09/01 07:45PM, Views: 1481, Replies: 5
    page:
    #1   2008/08/30 12:54PM
    The Original Cast of "As the World Turns"
    AMC_Fan2008

Here's a list of characters who were part of the original cast of As the World Turns, when it debuted on April 2, 1956:

Chris Hughes
    Nancy Hughes
    Donald Hughes
    Penny Hughes
    Bob Hughes
    Grandpa Hughes
    Edith Hughes
    Judge Lowell
    Jim Lowell
    Claire Lowell
    Ellen Lowell

Can anyone tell me how many characters from ATWT's very first year are still on the show today?

#2   2008/08/30 01:26PM
    Re: The Original Cast of
    Stace7

Wow they were all Lowells and Hughes

Well, do you mean the characters or the actors that play them? I am pretty new to the show relatively speaking.

Bob Hughes is still a character on the show but he is not the original actor. But Don Hastings has played Bob since 1960

Nancy Hughes seems to be the only original character still played by the original actor Helen Wagner. But she did have a replacement actor temporarily in the 80's

#3   2008/09/01 10:02AM
    hurrikun

Quote AMC_Fan2008: Here's a list of characters who were part of the original cast of As the World Turns, when it debuted on April 2, 1956:

Chris Hughes
    Nancy Hughes
    Donald Hughes
    Penny Hughes
    Bob Hughes
    Grandpa Hughes
    Edith Hughes
    Judge Lowell
    Jim Lowell
    Claire Lowell
    Ellen Lowell

Can anyone tell me how many characters from ATWT's very first year are still on the show today?

Well, as far as "characters".........only Nancy and Bob remain. Of course, Chris Hughes currently on the show is named for his grandfather per the list above.

As per actors.........only Helen Wagner (Nancy) is an original cast member and in fact uttered the very first words on As The World Turns. I believe Don Hastings (Bob) and Eileen Fulton (Lisa) joined the cast in 1960 and therefore have been on for 48 of the show's 52 years. Originally, I believe, Bob Hughes was an adolescent and aged in 1960 when Don Hastings assumed the role.

#4   2008/09/01 10:41AM
    raving

Quote hurrikun:
    Quote AMC_Fan2008: Here's a list of characters who were part of the original cast of As the World Turns, when it debuted on April 2, 1956:

Chris Hughes
    Nancy Hughes
    Donald Hughes
    Penny Hughes
    Bob Hughes
    Grandpa Hughes
    Edith Hughes
    Judge Lowell
    Jim Lowell
    Claire Lowell
    Ellen Lowell

Well, as far as "characters".........only Nancy and Bob remain. Of course, Chris Hughes currently on the show is named for his grandfather per the list above.

As per actors.........only Helen Wagner (Nancy) is an original cast member and in fact uttered the very first words on As The World Turns. I believe Don Hastings (Bob) and Eileen Fulton (Lisa) joined the cast in 1960 and therefore have been on for 48 of the show's 52 years. Originally, I believe, Bob Hughes was an adolescent and aged in 1960 when Don Hastings assumed the role.

Hurrikun....do you know what ever happened to the lowell family? Did they write the whole family off??

#5   2008/09/01 01:26PM
    HOT PINK

From what I remember, the Lowell family consisted of Judge Lowell, who was a good friend of Chris and Nancy Hughes, his daughter Claire and her daughter Ellen. Judge Lowell and Claire died many years ago. In the 60's, it was discovered that David Stewart and his late wife had adopted Ellen's illegitimate son Dan. Eventually Ellen and David were married and Dan accepted Ellen as his mother. So, the Lowell family evolved into the Stewart's.

#6   2008/09/01 07:45PM
    MamaPapa

Ellen and Penny are still shown occasionally (holidays etc) and I think Don was on a couple years ago also. It's been the same Aunt Penny since I've watched (mid-60s) but no big storylines anymore.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list