List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Prospect Park can pick up As The World Turns?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Prospect Park can pick up As The World Turns?

Started by Jenny46 at 2011/07/22 01:26PM
    Latest post: 2011/11/22 10:22AM, Views: 4605, Replies: 9
    page:
    #1   2011/07/22 01:26PM
    Prospect Park can pick up As The World Turns?
    Jenny46

One Life To Live/All My Children will live on; online, once they exit ABC; all thanks to the production company Prospect Park, when ABC sold them the rights so that they can continue to air new episodes online. With this being said, why couldn't CBS(The wonderful Les Moonves)Lol, P&G sell their rights so ATWT can continue where it left off? I can't fathom why this wasn't done last year when the show got cancelled. It does NOT come too late for this show.

#2   2011/07/26 08:39PM
    Re: Prospect Park can pick up As The World Turns?
    pink kiity

i just read on there sight they dont have a studio to film on because katie is taking over one life to live studio now they will have to go find another studio to film in the rate there going i doubt it will happen i knew something will happen.

#3   2011/08/01 02:21PM
    Lady53

Quote Jenny46: One Life To Live/All My Children will live on; online, once they exit ABC; all thanks to the production company Prospect Park, when ABC sold them the rights so that they can continue to air new episodes online. With this being said, why couldn't CBS(The wonderful Les Moonves)Lol, P&G sell their rights so ATWT can continue where it left off? I can't fathom why this wasn't done last year when the show got cancelled. It does NOT come too late for this show.

Because P&G doesn't want anybody else doing well with the soaps ATWT or GL. They said they were to expensive to produce and that is why they canned them for cheaper shows. Web shows are cheaper to produce. Les Moonves has no control over any of that.

#4   2011/08/09 03:57PM
    soapzealot70

Hope it's not too late to weigh in here, Lady 53. I was hoping there'd be some discussion here.

I am a diehard ATWT fan of 30 years. I came here today looking for somewhere to vent and someone to vent to (although I don't know how ofen this board is visited anymore). I still miss ATWT, almost two a year later. As I watch daily I realize what the future of soaps is given the current state of daytime. Most recently, AMC and OLTL were cancelled. I empathized with their fans and felt the pain of having to say goodbye, in a way, to lifelong friends...until a few weeks ago.

Then, I hear that AMC and OLTL have been literally plucked from the soap graveyard and will live on after their on-screen demises in an online version. RHUH? (in best Scooby Doo voice). I need someone to help me make sense of this. The fans of these shows are certainly not more dedicated than us. I KNOW they didn't fight harder than we did to save our show. I just keep asking myself "WHY"??? As a matter of fact, in the heat of the final battle, I distinctly remember someone on this board posing GL living on in some online afterlife as a viable option for rescue. Why do daytime lightweights that barely tipped the scale at merely 36 and 43 years rate this type of 11th hour Hail Mary more than heavy-hitters of 72 and 54 years? Brian Frons was spewing that same lack-of-revenue garbage back in April that Les Moonves and company were back in 2009. Now you know there is going to be a wide profit margin (at least projected) or it wouldn't even be up for discussion. Every time I see a preview for "Lets Make a Deal" or "The Talk", (especially since ATWT's demise gave way to Moonves' wife's run as a Barbara Walters wannabe), I do a SLOW BURN. Can ANYONE explain this madness to me? ANYONE?

Yes, why can't Prospect Park pick up ATWT (and GL) for that matter? It's all about the almighty dollar at the end of the day and Brian Frons and company obviously thought that this will be very lucrative. Maybe Moonves and company and the big boys at Telenext could take a lesson from the ABC execs.

#5   2011/08/15 11:03AM
    calliope

I guess we would have to whisper the idea in Julie Chen's ear so she can take it to Wes. If she wants it, it might happen!! She got her little talky show and Big Brother. I won't even watch Big Brother anymore because of her. I KNOW that is unreasonable but I sure don't like her anymore!

#6   2011/09/12 12:56PM
    jamesdom

;( i to miss atwt.i was a watcher from the day that it was pennys 16th birthday.i think that was the 1st day,if not it was close.ive even missed penny. lonesome janet

#7   2011/09/22 05:36PM
    pink kiity

if the pag licensing has expire p and g they no longer own the soaps unless they renewed there licesing and since they probable didnt when the soaps isnt being air,someone can comes along and buy the rights from them and that person can renewal or get new licesing for the soaps

#8   2011/10/23 07:48AM
    Axl Rose

It is possible for Prospect Park to pick up ATWT, and revive it from the ashes, it would be something to see

#9   2011/10/26 11:52AM
    lucynash25

I miss ATWT and Gl every day. I watched them since I was a little girl with my mom. I refuse to watch either of the new shows that when on in both those soap time slots. like we need another game show or talk show- so annoying. Daytime TV has a history its all about soap operas. so sad that the big wigs in studios and people holding on to the money play the its to costly to make them. well no one says the clothes the stars where have to be designer made, shop at target- to cut back in wardrobe!! just makes me sad to see them not on the air. At least I still have Young and the restless to watch. Praying for a return or ATWT to go online- that would be the best. coming up it would have been thanksgiving on the snyder farm

#10   2011/11/22 10:22AM
    Axl Rose

Quote lucynash25: I miss ATWT and Gl every day. I watched them since I was a little girl with my mom. I refuse to watch either of the new shows that when on in both those soap time slots. like we need another game show or talk show- so annoying. Daytime TV has a history its all about soap operas. so sad that the big wigs in studios and people holding on to the money play the its to costly to make them. well no one says the clothes the stars where have to be designer made, shop at target- to cut back in wardrobe!! just makes me sad to see them not on the air. At least I still have Young and the restless to watch. Praying for a return or ATWT to go online- that would be the best. coming up it would have been thanksgiving on the snyder farm

Thanksgiving on the Snyder farm would have been so awesome, or hell how about Christmas on the Snyder farm with Emma hosting it on her farm with all the Snyder relatives in attendance

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list