List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Thank You CBS for Cancelling As the World Turns!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Thank You CBS for Cancelling As the World Turns!

Started by abucko at 2010/10/18 02:26PM
    Latest post: 2010/11/16 09:52AM, Views: 3263, Replies: 11
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2010/10/18 02:26PM
    Thank You CBS for Cancelling As the World Turns!
    abucko

I was reading an article online about CBS's new show, "The Talk," which features celebrity moms discussing current issues and topics. And I must say that I am very impressed with their choice of replacement for ATWT, which by the way, aired for 54 years. If you're not convinced, please read the article at:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/so-this-is-the-talk-les-moonves-vulvas/

Thanks CBS for replacing a groundbreaking, heart-warming, and drama-filled soap opera that touched the lives of millions with a show that centers around a bunch of botox-injected, silicon-implanted women talking about vulvas and vaginas. What a way to show your dedication to the fans.

#2   2010/10/19 01:02PM
    Re: Thank You CBS for Cancelling As the World Turns!
    Spaceroy

the complete takeover of America by evil corporations is almost complete, if only they could take the few thinking women left and turn them into mindless dones their evil plan will reach its dreadful fruition..OMG they hired a bunch of rich spoiled new york up state beeatches to fulfill their ultimate destiny of a world of thems that got and thems that work honestly....good job evil corp!! excellent work, I'm puking now and will continue to do so...

#3   2010/10/22 05:26PM
    PelphreyPosse

And let's not forget who Julie is related to. Nepotism at it's high level, folks, she's pretty and all, but then she speaks ........................

#4   2010/10/24 12:35AM
    nikkinak

My TV is OFF during the ATWT time slot. I refuse to watch The Talk. The Talk could have gone on opposite The View. I miss ATWT! I'm glad to see Maura West on Y&R. Boo hiss for The Talk!

#5   2010/10/24 07:23PM
    Hot for Nick

Oh I so agree. I mean we deparately needed anotehr talk show hosted by non-professional journalist.

I don't understand why CBS let them go either. ATWT was good. I think they are jumping on this reality tv, talk show bandwagon which will go to the wayside also.

I hate talk show!

#6   2010/11/04 10:16AM
    clicquot1

Quote PelphreyPosse: And let's not forget who Julie is related to. Nepotism at it's high level, folks, she's pretty and all, but then she speaks ........................

I've never seen the show so could you please tell me who julie is and who is she related to? If, this was GC I'd say you were talking about the Newman's or the Abbott's! LOL!

Thanks, in advance!

#7   2010/11/05 12:23PM
    koolgreenakers

Quote clicquot1:
    Quote PelphreyPosse: And let's not forget who Julie is related to. Nepotism at it's high level, folks, she's pretty and all, but then she speaks ........................

I've never seen the show so could you please tell me who julie is and who is she related to? If, this was GC I'd say you were talking about the Newman's or the Abbott's! LOL!

Thanks, in advance!

julie chen is the wife of the president of CBS who played a huge role in getting ATWT cancelled.

#8   2010/11/05 09:00PM
    PhillisRocks

Quote koolgreenakers:
    Quote clicquot1:

Thanks, in advance!

julie chen is the wife of the president of CBS who played a huge role in getting ATWT cancelled.

Doesn't surprise me the least bit.. No matter where you go, politics seems hover over..

#9   2010/11/06 09:17AM
    ILoveOakdale

I am very upset with ATWT replacement as well. I have been trying to watch OLTL during that hour because I want the ratings for OLTL to go up and for the networks to notice that. Maybe then they will realize that WE WANT OUR SOAPS..not another talk show! I miss ATWT so much..I can't believe we will spend Thanksgiving this year without the Snyder's and the Hubbard squash. I am a member of BBOS (Bring Back Our Soap) and we have been working very hard to stand up for ATWT and try to bring it back in some way.. even if only to air past episodes on another network. We actually have a fan website. www.worldturnstv.com Check it out and let me know what you think of the site. Also please join if you like what you see, it is FREE!

#10   2010/11/08 11:03PM
    pink kiity

i don't watch it either my TV goes off at 12.00 i don't want to give any show thats replace ours soaps the rating i want the shows to go down in rating,

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list