List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: No more waiting for Martha Byrne to come back

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

No more waiting for Martha Byrne to come back

Started by PattyB at 2010/09/26 01:59PM
    Latest post: 2010/10/16 04:10AM, Views: 3037, Replies: 4
    page:
    #1   2010/09/26 01:59PM
    No more waiting for Martha Byrne to come back
    PattyB

I'm sad to lose the whole ATWT community of actors, but I'm most sad that I'll never get to see Martha Byrne come back as Lily. I feel fortunate that I got to see Martha Byrne grow up in her role as Lily (in the 80s and 90s). In the years before she left, the writers didn't do her justice, they had her doing things so out of character. And the new Lily for me just never worked, Martha was just too hard/impossible to replace.

#2   2010/09/27 12:04PM
    Re: No more waiting for Martha Byrne to come back
    calliope

Isn't Martha doing something with a web series? Maybe you can see her there.

#3   2010/09/28 06:11PM
    clicquot1

Quote PattyB: I'm sad to lose the whole ATWT community of actors, but I'm most sad that I'll never get to see Martha Byrne come back as Lily. I feel fortunate that I got to see Martha Byrne grow up in her role as Lily (in the 80s and 90s). In the years before she left, the writers didn't do her justice, they had her doing things so out of character. And the new Lily for me just never worked, Martha was just too hard/impossible to replace.

ITA! TPTB ruined the character of LILY and nothing against the other actress cause I LOVED her years ago on Loving as Tricia but she was NO Lily! Thank you!

#4   2010/10/13 11:46PM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

Yess Martha is co-directing and writing "Gotham"... I had truly forgotten how great she is until I started watching it.

Jack is the main male lead.. kinda funny watching her with him... but they are both doing a GREAT job..

I just wish the segments were longer than a couple of minutes.. If they can get that fixed.. I think they will have a successful Web series.

#5   2010/10/16 04:10AM
    nikkinak

I haven't watched Gotham. I always loved Martha B. I grew up with her on the show. We're the same age. Gosh....I sure miss the show.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list