List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: What are you doing with your extra hour?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What are you doing with your extra hour?

Started by jakecarlyfan at 2010/09/20 10:03AM
    Latest post: 2010/09/30 04:13PM, Views: 3371, Replies: 13
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2010/09/20 10:03AM
    What are you doing with your extra hour?
    jakecarlyfan

ATWT came on between 3-4 here. I will meet my grandaughter at the school bus and take her to ballet class. Have to confess I did think about checking the spoilers Sunday evening as I usually did. Old habits are hard to change.

Try to make it a productive hour that may improve your life, otherwise they (CBS-and their associates) will win.

Enjoy the time.

#2   2010/09/20 10:58AM
    Re: What are you doing with your extra hour?
    pink kiity

MY tv is going off at 12.00 and i planned on working on getting my driver license but it will be boring

#3   2010/09/20 11:30AM
    nonniepat

My dvd/vhs will stop recording at 1:59pm (even if I miss 1 minute of B&B it's worth it just to not have the tv on recording at 2pm sharp).

As I have one of those digital boxes that pre-program the station to record I am purposefully sending the digital box to another channel at 2pm even though I'm not taping. The box stays on till I get home from work and this way CBS will not think I'm enjoying their featured selection this week "Price is Right". (The only time I enjoyed that show was a few months ago when B&B did a spoof on there with Donna and Pam. You couldn't pay me to watch Price is Right.)

Oh and gals here's a "sneak" at the week following this one for the 2pm slot - not Price is Right but Let make a Deal. Ha!

I was so sad over the weekend about our ATWT being gone this week that I kept (out of habit too) checking the digital box tv guide for previews of this weeks soaps Y&R, B&B (and yes I typed in ATWT and no it wasn't there boo hoo) and I saw that this week PR and next week LMD. Seems the execs at CBS can't seem to make up their minds which is a better placement at "our" time slot. Ah well hope that whatever shows at 2pm tanks (maybe the whole network: I know dreaming again) CBS but good for dropping the best Day Time Soap in history, IMHO. I can console myself with the fact that Maura will be appearing at Y&R in a few short weeks. Yeah! Hope they do well by this great actress and great lady.

#4   2010/09/20 12:02PM
    Buffyfan428

I sit alone and WEEP.

#5   2010/09/20 12:05PM
    Winter Rose

I watched OLTL , old punk Blackie is on there , but not for long .
    Blair was giving him hell ..she is taller than he is..lol .
    That was worth watching .

#6   2010/09/20 12:08PM
    Winter Rose

Quote Buffyfan428: I sit alone and WEEP.

I feel your pain , as well as many others , you are not alone .

#7   2010/09/20 12:16PM
    pink kiity

lets face it even there nighttime show stinks there hasn't been a good show on TV since Dallas or the Mary Tyler Moore show, from then on when all of the good shows left CBS and they have been putting on show thats stinks i haven't watch CBS since they took all of the good shows off they been putting on shows thats are waste of time and aint worth my time all togethers, only time that i watch CBS was for my soaps and now thats all but gone to also, CBS uses to be the number one network beating out all of the others now it aint no more,i wonder why,

#8   2010/09/20 02:20PM
    Tigress1761

I have been recording OLTL for a few months now, to help heal the pain of no more ATWT. I miss it so much, I went online to look up ATWT bumpers for the show. You know, those little commercial breaks with Original Liberty sliding down the banister, and that theme music playing. It was around halftime for the episode, and needed my fix. It was comforting. I think I may find a way to get a ringtone for ATWT on my phone, just to keep it close to me for as long as I want

oh, and Ive taken up crochet....we'll see how that goes....

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/09/20 02:21PM
    #9   2010/09/21 07:12AM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

I agree, night time TV, is horrible.. except I watch Brothers and Sisters on Sunday nights..... It's a GREAT Soap drama, but geared much to reality......with Sally Fields as the Mother, who has 5 children... plus their spouses, ex's, grand children and her brother...a lot of characters.....takes time to get to know them...

Extremely well written and acted.

A symposis of the show might be on the Net by checking out Google.

#10   2010/09/22 02:12PM
    SweetOnBilly

Going to another network, the only time I am on CBS is to watch Y and R now, if they get rid of that soap they will loose my rating completely. I think it is ridiculousness to take these soaps, Now they have repeats of Price Is Right, now come on, they can not say this brings in more ratings the ATWT.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list