List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Will Y&R "Ruin" Maura West

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Will Y&R "Ruin" Maura West

Started by abucko at 2010/09/19 08:58PM
    Latest post: 2010/09/24 05:06PM, Views: 4289, Replies: 11
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2010/09/19 08:58PM
    Will Y&R "Ruin" Maura West
    abucko

Although I am excited to know that one of ATWT's most beloved actors will continue to deliver on Y&R, I fear that the writers at Y&R will "ruin" Maura West. While I hope they take advantage of Maura's unique ability to communicate with her fellow cast mates and to create memorable scenes, I don't want them to trash who she was on ATWT. If Diane is similar to Carly, I don't want to see it. If they do that, it will more than likely tarnish the unforgettable Carly Tenney Snyder. And Y&R better give her a decent quality storyline and she shouldn't be a "recurring" character.

#2   2010/09/20 02:28PM
    Re: Will Y&R
    Tigress1761

what I worry about is how Y&R likes to bring on a character, then just ship them back out right away. Chance is a prime example, but they crucified the character when he slept with stupid Heather. Diane Jenkins was a strong character when Alex Donnelly played it. I didn't like Susan Walters as her, she will always be Lorna Forbes of Loving for me. I just don't want Maura to be a temporary fix, for some agenda MAB has. At least Terri Columbino has a chance at sticking it out, with a whole new character of Sharon's sister. BTW when the heck did Sharon even HAVE a sister? I guess all we can do is believe in MW and pray she will stay on Y&R for a long time. Paul Leyden is another story, never, ever liked him as Simon, and don't want to see him as 'Blake' on Y&R!

#3   2010/09/20 03:25PM
    lovinthesoaps

With Maura's acting skills, I dont think she could be ruined. As long as she is on screen, I will watch. I think she is amazing!!! As for Paul Leyden coming to Y&R, I say welcome aboard. These two are great and hopefully will show their chops and become regulars for sure. Not too sure about PL being a regular though, he turned down that chance several times on ATWT, he is a busy man. But I cannot wait to see my favs return!!

#4   2010/09/20 04:44PM
    clicquot1

Quote Tigress1761: what I worry about is how Y&R likes to bring on a character, then just ship them back out right away. Chance is a prime example, but they crucified the character when he slept with stupid Heather. Diane Jenkins was a strong character when Alex Donnelly played it. I didn't like Susan Walters as her, she will always be Lorna Forbes of Loving for me. I just don't want Maura to be a temporary fix, for some agenda MAB has. At least Terri Columbino has a chance at sticking it out, with a whole new character of Sharon's sister. BTW when the heck did Sharon even HAVE a sister? I guess all we can do is believe in MW and pray she will stay on Y&R for a long time. Paul Leyden is another story, never, ever liked him as Simon, and don't want to see him as 'Blake' on Y&R!

Tigress, I have seen NO information about TC playing Sharon's sister......could you please tell me where you got this info? I'm not saying that I would mind Sharon having a halfsie especially if her daddy turned out to be Friar Tuck! I have long thought Tuck to be sharon's bio-daddy(started speculating about it when we heard he was coming, in fact)! I would LOVBE for Sharon to finally have a daddy especially if Katherine could be her grammy! LOL!

Thanks, in advance!

#5   2010/09/20 05:26PM
    jilltidwell

Quote lovinthesoaps: With Maura's acting skills, I dont think she could be ruined. As long as she is on screen, I will watch. I think she is amazing!!! As for Paul Leyden coming to Y&R, I say welcome aboard. These two are great and hopefully will show their chops and become regulars for sure. Not too sure about PL being a regular though, he turned down that chance several times on ATWT, he is a busy man. But I cannot wait to see my favs return!!

I don't think that MW is going ruin anything. She has an Emmy doesn't she?

#6   2010/09/20 06:26PM
    Tigress1761

I cant recall where I read that, it was last week, snooping around the internet. It may have been on this site, on the Y&R board. They are saying too she may play Brittany Marsino, but that makes no sense since JT and Mac are leaving town. And I got that from SOD comings and goings. She has no other ties in Genoa City (Brittany) TC drove me nuts as Katie, but maybe she would be better somewhere else.

#7   2010/09/20 10:28PM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

I love, love, love Maura West... she has won two Emmy's... but she is a recast of a character that was introduced 25 years ago as a love triangle between Jack and Victor... I hope she can pull that off...

I had hoped she would enter the show as a new character.

Victor (Eric Braden) is now 68 and Jack is now 58..... Maura is 38..

The two actresses that played that character are in their early 50's.

Have my fingers and toes crossed for her success!!!!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/09/20 10:29PM
    #8   2010/09/21 06:19AM
    calliope

I, too, wish she was not a recast but a new character. She has great chemistry with everyone she does scenes with so that will help her.
    She and Ronan would be hot together, no matter what the age difference might be!

#9   2010/09/21 02:26PM
    abucko

I agree. Y&R has been in need of a stable, well-rounded, central character. We'll see how Maura makes out portraying Diane. I think she will do fine.

#10   2010/09/21 04:04PM
    clicquot1

Quote abucko: I agree. Y&R has been in need of a stable, well-rounded, central character. We'll see how Maura makes out portraying Diane. I think she will do fine.

She will make a great DJ although she is being de-sora'd.....something we are not that used to!

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list