List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: CELEBRATE AT THE WORLD TURNS!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CELEBRATE AT THE WORLD TURNS!!!

Started by Barb G at 2010/09/18 10:56AM
    Latest post: 2010/09/24 10:02AM, Views: 645, Replies: 5
    page:
    #1   2010/09/18 10:56AM
    CELEBRATE AT THE WORLD TURNS!!!
    Barb G

I have read so many posts here about our beloved ATWT. Yesterday was the last time that we'll get to open our doors and our hearts to our beloved friends in Oakdale and say "welcome...come on in"...it is beyond sad. Reading all of your comments brought back so many memories of these past years. Such happy memories they are and always will be. Forget the bad ones, as if they were a really bad dream, and remember all of the good ones...there are so many of them!!!

And, you know what? I now feel a sense of peace! I don't feel like crying anymore. I feel like celebrating!!! I've had these amazing friends from a town called Oakdale in my life for so many wonderful years. And, yes, I'd love for them to not have to leave for at least another 54 wonderful years. But after watching the last show yesterday I realized that I had been given the most amazing gift...the gift of my own imagination of how my friends' lives in a town called Oakdale will continue on, long after Bob dimmed his office lights for the last time yesterday.

And it will go on, in all of our hearts and minds, if you let it. For this gift wasn't given just to me...it's for all of us!!! Now the telling of the story of our friends' lives in a town called Oakdale has been passed to each and everyone of us to continue on for as long as each of our worlds turn. No, we won't get to see their faces or hear their voices anymore coming from our TV's, but they'll always be with us, especially when we need them most, in our hearts and minds.

What a beautiful, final gift we have all be given! Celebrate the memories of the past and start your own new memories for the future...their futures. For as long as we remember and keep them all safe and protected in our hearts, they'll always be just a moment away...in our mind's eye and, of course, in our hearts forever. Like Kim said, let's not say "good-bye"...let's just say "until we meet again"... in a town called Oakdale.........

On a final note...Cards, North, Earthmom and Buffy...you all have already started your own happily ever afters for our friends in a town called Oakdale...keep going!!! There are many, many more chapters to be written...as long as we still have our imaginations to help us carry where we want our friends' lives to lead...in a town called Oakdale...

May everyone who posts here have their own happily ever afters!!! I'll miss you, my friends...sweet dreams and...Good night.........

#2   2010/09/18 02:21PM
    Re: CELEBRATE AT THE WORLD TURNS!!!
    3barbies

i am beyond sad. i am grieving. atwt was a constant in my life. as a child, i remember the theme music. as a teenager, i remember the young romance, as a young adult, i remember the babies. and now as i age, i will remember the social issues atwt brought to me. i will fondly remember my time in oakdale, forever thankful i was let in

#3   2010/09/18 03:16PM
    pjmb

I will also miss the many stories and characters of ATWT having been a fan of over 40 years. Along with Guiding Light it has been a favorite means of escape. I truly appreciate the many years I was able to enjoy the show and wish it could have lasted many more. Thank you ATWT to the people who made it all possible over the years I wish you a happy life. I truly hate that all of our soaps are disappearing and all of these "reality" shows are appearing, they can't hold a candle to daytime drama. Today I went over a list of ATWT characters and actors over the years that I had gotten from a website. I could remember most of the characters, some of them I couldn't but it was fun reminiscing. I wish more of them could have been shown at the end. I will go on youtube to see if I can find scenes with some of the characters.

#4   2010/09/19 09:08AM
    lis1265

Quote 3barbies: i am beyond sad. i am grieving. atwt was a constant in my life. as a child, i remember the theme music. as a teenager, i remember the young romance, as a young adult, i remember the babies. and now as i age, i will remember the social issues atwt brought to me. i will fondly remember my time in oakdale, forever thankful i was let in

this is so true for me too i will never forget my beloved family i have never watched any other soaps only atwt so it will be highly missed

#5   2010/09/20 04:36PM
    Oakdalefan

There should be a celebration for ATWT. The show lasted 19,891 days on television and was due to celebrate 20,000 days on television on January 4, 2011.

#6   2010/09/24 10:02AM
    eaks

I watched As the world turns for all 54 years. It it has created a hole in my day. It was always nice to watch a family with values show. Something that is lacking in TV. Maybe the network will realize there is a place for one show with values. I found it interesting when there were new writers that really didn't have the full background and changed the history. But alas it had a nice ending. BRING IT BACK!!

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list