List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: disney brought the right s to two soaps

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

disney brought the right s to two soaps

Started by pink kiity at 2010/09/18 01:48AM
    Latest post: 2010/09/22 09:40AM, Views: 2818, Replies: 10
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2010/09/18 01:48AM
    disney brought the right s to two soaps
    pink kiity

i just read on line that Disney had brought the right to guiding light and as the world turns they had brought the rights from telenext media inc and Disney now owns the rights to both soaps now proctor and gamble no longer owns them or the rights to them Disney now owns the rights to both soaps now, on Oct 4 2010 soap net will began to air guiding light and on January 3 2011 they will air as the world turns on soap net i also get a news letter from Disney and they said where buying the rights to two soaps. guiding light and as the world turns and that they have plans for both soaps.

#2   2010/09/18 02:42AM
    Re: disney brought the right s to two soaps
    janetfan10

Quote pink kiity: i just read on line that Disney had brought the right to guiding light and as the world turns they had brought the rights from telenext media inc and Disney now owns the rights to both soaps now proctor and gamble no longer owns them or the rights to them Disney now owns the rights to both soaps now, on Oct 4 2010 soap net will began to air guiding light and on January 3 2011 they will air as the world turns on soap net i also get a news letter from Disney and they said where buying the rights to two soaps. guiding light and as the world turns and that they have plans for both soaps.

i didn't see anywhere on soapnet that they will be airing GL and ATWT so please tell me where you saw that they will air those shows and also how can disney buy the shows when they have been cancelled?

#3   2010/09/18 05:26AM
    Winter Rose

Don't do the happy dance yet , Soap Net is going off the air in 2011 or 12 , Disney is replacing Soap Net with a kiddie show .
    Any soaps will be reruns until then .

#4   2010/09/18 05:31AM
    pink kiity

its the same with any TV shows thats is cancelled there license has expired on there cancellation date which means when the TV shows such as happy days gets cancelled some one else can by the rights to there show and air it on there network such tvland they air all the old TV show thats has been cancelled tvland brought the rights to those shows from the other network and they signed it over to there new owner and new network, that they are showing it on like the i love Lucie show Desi ball production sold there show to another network afters it was cancelled and they network pay them for there show so the network that air i love Lucie owns the rights to there show which its airing on they make an ofter to them but as long as the show is on air its belong to the old owners and no one can touch it. but when its has gotten ax the owners of the soaps can gives up the rights of there show and sale the rights to someone else who wants it and they make an ofter to them of the show and they have to give up there rights and ownerships of that show,when signing it over to another party in a a signed agreement, saying they no longer want to own the rights to that show, google soapnet and put in guiding light or as the world turn and it will bring it up thats what i did,

#5   2010/09/18 07:50AM
    Inad

I just read this on soap.net "SOAPnet will begin airing CBS' canceled P&G/TeleNext Media soap, Guiding Light reruns from 2005-2007 on October 4, 2010, and the channel will also air another TeleNext Media soap As the World Turns reruns from 2007 to 2010 on January 3, 2011."

#6   2010/09/18 10:57AM
    Dewlanna

I wish they would actually COMMIT. Kiddie shows during the day and soaps at night, maybe? Like Nikelodeon becomes Nick at Nite. So they could start from the beginning and air them for the next 50 years.

Even so, it's cool. I just wish SoapNET wasn't going away.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/09/18 10:58AM
    #7   2010/09/19 01:03AM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

What would be the point in re-watching soap re-runs?

Sorry, I don't get it..... I've watched ATWT's since 1958..... I know the history .. I don't need to watch re-runs..... I wanted the show to continue.....

This was not some sit come that you can watch at any time.... and it is still funny..... this is a story that
    continues...

But, if anyone else likes the idea... so be it.

I think Soaps will go the Net..... and some how they will figure out how to make them 30 minutes with very short commercials that cannot be FF'd.. that will enable them to stay on line.

With the ability of people FFing........ that is what caused these shows to be cancelled and the rest will follow within 5 years.... the sponsors lost too much money.

I've wstched far too many years, weathered too many bad writers, story lines etc... and yet they stayed on... because people had to watch the commercials.. Few people had VCR's. I did back in the mid 70's...but it was rare and I worked plus the VCR's did not have a remote.. if you wanted to FF through a commercial, you had to do it at the VCR and guess when to stop.....you could not see the actual commerical...I was thrilled when the remote was invented.....lol....

I am just heart broken... that it is gone... but that's life...Those stars have had to find work..... and move on with their lives..

I hope a good soap is started on the net that last longer than a 2 minute segment on U-tube.. but it's the grass roots of what is to come, in my opinion.

#8   2010/09/21 10:54AM
    Dewlanna

Kitty, I've been watching soaps for over 25 years now.

I see your point. But I would like to watch the reruns to see my "old friends" again. Maybe catch a few things I missed the first time whenever real life got in the way.

The best outcome for this could be getting more people interested in these soaps and maaaaaybe getting them brought back in one way or another. I agree with what you said about the Internet likely being the future of soaps.

It's a very scary prospect to imagine all our shows being gone. Until and unless (God forbid) that happens, I will grab up every minute of soapdom that I can.

#9   2010/09/21 02:47PM
    yensid

I vote for airing the episodes again. The only problem is that it will be starting "mid-story" but as far as not wanting to watch them again, that would be OK. Heck I still watch "I Love Lucy" and "The Andy Griffith Show", could almost quote the scripts, and still get a chuckle out of them. I would love to see even some old, I mean really old ATWT shows, just to compare how the show evolved.

#10   2010/09/21 03:05PM
    Captain Chaos

Boooo... No reruns! Boooo! Watching a re-run of my soap is equivalent to watching old home movies after your loved one dies. It's just sad.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list