List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: are days next

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

are days next

Started by pink kiity at 2010/09/17 07:04PM
    Latest post: 2010/09/19 03:32PM, Views: 598, Replies: 6
    page:
    #1   2010/09/17 07:04PM
    are days next
    pink kiity

i was on the days of ours lives board and they all think there next since are writer are now doing there soap, and are worry there soaps is next to go, they have a post are we next,

#2   2010/09/17 09:39PM
    Re: are days next
    jilltidwell

Quote pink kiity: i was on the days of ours lives board and they all think there next since are writer are now doing there soap, and are worry there soaps is next to go, they have a post are we next,

No. DAYS is not next, but I have to be honest about something: I can't understand for the life of why people are always asking what soap is next. I wish that ATWT&GL were still on the air, but they are not. I am very angry at the fact that they have been canceled. But, that don't mean that I think that other people(not you)should constantly be asking(again not you)should always be negative. The people on the abc board are always negative. I constantly read posts about how they want gh canceled. They don't like gh because of all of the mob stuff. I don't like the mob either, but that don't mean that I want it canceled. Do soaps have problems? Yes they do just like any other show. Some of the biggest movie stars started in daytime. I'm not saying that things couldn't improve, but I Just don't like people negative about shows they are supposed to love a and support. I'm sorry for my rant, but I just don't understand how people can be so negative all the time. Please don't be angry with me for this.

#3   2010/09/17 10:21PM
    Stefanie DiMera

Quote pink kiity: i was on the days of ours lives board and they all think there next since are writer are now doing there soap, and are worry there soaps is next to go, they have a post are we next,

Hi.

I just came onto your ATWT board for the first time because I was never a viewer. I came on to offer my condolences to the long-time viewers on another thread, when I noticed this thread as I was about to leave.

As a long-time viewer of Days of our Lives, I can tell you that the show is definitely in trouble and will quite likely be the next Daytime Drama taken off the air.

Admittedly, I don't know the financial status of the other Soaps, because I don't watch or follow - but Days is in dire straits. That's not being negative - that's being honest.

If I got into all the reasons why I believe it will be off next, I'd be here writing for the next 30 minutes, but the show is in deep trouble. The budget has been slashed again and the network executives at NBC really don't want the show any more. It's the last one remaining. The sets are nothing short of pathetic. They have a bunch of people living in about 3 homes, because they don't have the money for sets to give them their own places. The storylines are all recycled.

Back in the day, Soaps got 5-year contract renewals without the network execs batting an eye. Days received a one-year deal last time around, which translated means "we don't think you can turn this around, so there's no long-term commitment. Shape up - or you're gone." It's no guarantee it'll even get that during the next negotiations.

The show has also made no commitment to the development of younger characters, which I think will be it's death knell. Without developing younger talent, there's no reason for younger viewers to tune in and so the viewing numbers continue to slide and it's not going to reverse at this stage.

I am not being a pessimist - I am being a realist. I don't want it to be gone, but my guess is it might hang in for another 18 months. I don't see it on beyond the end of 2012. Of course I hope I'm wrong - but I seriously doubt it.

Times have changed. Not necessarily for the better - but they've changed nonetheless. Young people have too many other things to interest them nowadays.

I'm not going to be back to follow-up should anyone respond to what I've written. If you care to get into the conversation about the future of DOOL, I would suggest you head over to that show's forum and read/post there.

Again, very sorry to see ATWT go off the air. But it was nice to see it go out on a high note. I thought the finale was extremely well done.

Ciao.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/09/17 10:27PM
    #4   2010/09/17 10:28PM
    jilltidwell

Quote Stefanie DiMera:

Hi.

I just came onto your ATWT board for the first time because I was never a viewer. I came on to offer my condolences to the long-time viewers on another thread, when I noticed this thread as I was about to leave.

As a long-time viewer of Days of our Lives, I can tell you that the show is definitely in trouble and will quite likely be the next Daytime Drama taken off the air.

Admittedly, I don't know the financial status of the other Soaps, because I don't watch or follow - but Days is in dire straits. That's not being negative - that's being honest.

If I got into all the reasons why I believe it will be off next, I'd be here writing for the next 30 minutes, but the show is in deep trouble. The budget has been slashed again and the network exeuctives at NBC really don't want the show any more. It's the last one remaining. The sets are nothing short of pathetic. They have a bunch of people living in about 3 homes, because they don't have the money for sets to give them their own places. The storylines are all recycled.

Back in the day, Soaps got 5-year contract renewals without the network execs batting an eye. Days recieved a one-year deal last time around, which translated means "we don't think you can turn this around, so there's no long-term commitment. Shape up - or you're gone." It's no guarantee it'll even get that during the next negotiations.

The show has also made no commitment to the development of younger characters, which I think will be it's death knell. Without developing younger talent, there's no reason for younger viewers to tune in and so the viewing numbers continue to slide and it's not going to reverse at this stage.

I am not being a pessimist - I am being a realist. I don't want it to be gone, but my guess is it might hang in for another 18 months. I don't see it on beyond 2012. I hope I'm wrong - but I seriously doubt it.

Times have changed. Not necessarily for the better - but they've changed nonetheless. Young people have too many other things to interest them nowadays.

I'm not going to be back to follow-up should anyone respond to what I've written. If you care to get into the conversation about the future of DOOL, I would suggest you head over to that show's forum and read/post there.

Again, very sorry to see ATWT go off the air. But it was nice to see it go out on a high note. I thought the finale was extremely well done.

Ciao.

Sounds like you want it off the air. That is sad.

#5   2010/09/17 10:33PM
    Stefanie DiMera

Quote jilltidwell:
    Quote Stefanie DiMera:

Hi.

If I got into all the reasons why I believe it will be off next, I'd be here writing for the next 30 minutes, but the show is in deep trouble. The budget has been slashed again and the network exeuctives at NBC really don't want the show any more. It's the last one remaining. The sets are nothing short of pathetic. They have a bunch of people living in about 3 homes, because they don't have the money for sets to give them their own places. The storylines are all recycled.

Back in the day, Soaps got 5-year contract renewals without the network execs batting an eye. Days recieved a one-year deal last time around, which translated means "we don't think you can turn this around, so there's no long-term commitment. Shape up - or you're gone." It's no guarantee it'll even get that during the next negotiations.

I am not being a pessimist - I am being a realist. I don't want it to be gone, but my guess is it might hang in for another 18 months. I don't see it on beyond 2012. I hope I'm wrong - but I seriously doubt it.

Ciao.

Obviously you don't read very well.

"I don't want it to be gone" - direct in my answer.

People need to face reality.

Do that, and we'll all be better off.

#6   2010/09/19 01:22PM
    jilltidwell

Quote Stefanie DiMera:
    Quote jilltidwell:
    Quote Stefanie DiMera:

Hi.

Ciao.

Yes, I can read. But, I get tired of seeing the same thing over and over. It does get on people's nerves.

#7   2010/09/19 03:32PM
    Stefanie DiMera

Quote jilltidwell:
    Quote Stefanie DiMera:
    Quote jilltidwell:
    Quote Stefanie DiMera:

Hi.

Ciao.

Yes, I can read. But, I get tired of seeing the same thing over and over. It does get on people's nerves.

Trust me, the whiny crying complete with the little crying face gets on people's nerves as well.

Deal with it.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list