List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Thanks ATWT

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Thanks ATWT

Started by yensid at 2010/09/17 10:35AM
    Latest post: 2010/09/17 05:12PM, Views: 652, Replies: 6
    page:
    #1   2010/09/17 10:35AM
    Thanks ATWT
    yensid

When we got married, my wife and I would record her favorite soaps, including ATWT. Initially, I was not "into" soaps so did not know the story lines, characters, situations, etc., but it did not take long for me to get hooked on the show.
    But then as our family grew and schedules became more hectic, I did not watch the soaps so I missed years of stories.
    However when it was announced that the show was being cancelled, we began recording it again and I'm glad to say I was able to be here for the end. Not glad FOR the end, but at least able to appreciate it once more.
    The stories and characters in ATWT were so much more believable than other soaps we had watched. The sense of family, caring, and for the most part, doing the right thing set ATWT apart from others. Of course there were the bad guys who made life in Oakdale interesting, but the good guys always won, which is how you always wanted real life to be.
    But now the last episode is about to air and I feel a sense of sadness. There will not be Thanksgivings, Christmases, 4th of July celebrations anymore. No more advice shared. No more checking in to see what is going on in Oakdale. Although very unlikely, I could only wish that the shows could be viewed in reruns, but with Soapnet on it's last leg, I doubt that will ever happen
    So we bid a fond farewell to the cast,our friends who are still on the show and a special on to Nancy.
    You were a real treasure

#2   2010/09/17 10:55AM
    Re: Thanks ATWT
    soapsrfun

Well said!
    In 5 minutes the last show begins and I am dreading it. 50 years of watching the same show is a long commitment. I am really saddened. My daughter and I delayed our shopping trip so I could watch the final show.
    Tears to follow.

#3   2010/09/17 12:07PM
    wildhart49

My grandmother watched ATWT since it's start. I remember Chris and Nancy Hughes and the beginning. After over 50 years of following the families and friends of ATWT, tears are falling today after watching the last episode. It's almost like seeing a wonderful historic building being razed. I have such great memories of my grandmother and mom and me.......tuning in to watch grandma's "story". I will miss ATWT so much. I wish the cast and crew good luck and happinness in the future.

#4   2010/09/17 02:48PM
    meowbowow

Quote yensid: When we got married, my wife and I would record her favorite soaps, including ATWT. Initially, I was not "into" soaps so did not know the story lines, characters, situations, etc., but it did not take long for me to get hooked on the show.
    But then as our family grew and schedules became more hectic, I did not watch the soaps so I missed years of stories.
    However when it was announced that the show was being cancelled, we began recording it again and I'm glad to say I was able to be here for the end. Not glad FOR the end, but at least able to appreciate it once more.
    The stories and characters in ATWT were so much more believable than other soaps we had watched. The sense of family, caring, and for the most part, doing the right thing set ATWT apart from others. Of course there were the bad guys who made life in Oakdale interesting, but the good guys always won, which is how you always wanted real life to be.
    But now the last episode is about to air and I feel a sense of sadness. There will not be Thanksgivings, Christmases, 4th of July celebrations anymore. No more advice shared. No more checking in to see what is going on in Oakdale. Although very unlikely, I could only wish that the shows could be viewed in reruns, but with Soapnet on it's last leg, I doubt that will ever happen
    So we bid a fond farewell to the cast,our friends who are still on the show and a special on to Nancy.
    You were a real treasure

OK yr post is making me cry again!! I thot it very fitting that the show started out w/Nancy and ended w/her. You r 100000000% correct calling her a real treasure. God rest her beautiful soul!!

#5   2010/09/17 02:50PM
    meowbowow

Quote soapsrfun: Well said!
    In 5 minutes the last show begins and I am dreading it. 50 years of watching the same show is a long commitment. I am really saddened. My daughter and I delayed our shopping trip so I could watch the final show.
    Tears to follow.

I watched for 47 yrs so I know how u feel. I shed plenty of tears and by now you'll have watched it and done the same!!

#6   2010/09/17 02:53PM
    Ronica

Today I said goodbye to an old friend. I started watching ATWT with my Mom 50 years ago. I missed some shows during this time but then I started to record and watched everyday. About 3 years ago it took a complete turn (because of the writers). I stopped watching. I started watching again several weeks ago. It was good seeing all the older stars back on. I will always remember the Snyder farm at Thanksgiving. Goodbye.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/09/17 02:55PM
    #7   2010/09/17 05:12PM
    KELLY72

I am saddened by this loss. one of my final thoughts as the show ended was this coming Thanksgiving and how there will no longer be the traditional cutting of the hubbard squash. I feel like there has been a death in my family as I have been watching faithfully for the past 25 years. Through the good and the bad! I bawled like a baby today and i watched the final episode twice, it breaks my heart that i will no longer have that hour a day to take a trip to Oakdale and live in a world of wonderful make belief.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list