List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Good-bye As the World Turns... (Maybe not forever)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Good-bye As the World Turns... (Maybe not forever)

Started by G.D.S.R. 5-5-10 at 2010/09/16 06:11PM
    Latest post: 2010/09/20 09:36AM, Views: 2600, Replies: 18
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2010/09/17 05:34PM
    Re: Good-bye As the World Turns... (Maybe not forever)
    KELLY72

I am with you, i cried to the point of exaustion, and i've been crying all week. I thought the ending was good enough but i have to say, i was really disappointed the they didn't bring back some old faces for the finale and i was disappointed in the lack of flashbacks and history of the show. Where was Emma? or Iva? or Mike? They thought enough to bring back Iris in the last few months but not any of the alum? Why didn't John bring Andy with him. I hated that there wasn't enough time devoted to a passionate reunion between Jack and Carly, and i don't understand why Parker wasn't in the last scenes or Craig just disappeared. I am too upset to think about what i will do come Monday and the only hour i get to myself will no longer be spent in Oakdale. I weep at the very thought.

#12   2010/09/17 05:36PM
    VickyJo

Quote day70: I don't agree at all. This last episode left us with too many unanswered questions...Did Carly and Jack have a boy or girl? Did Bill and Katie tie the knot...Did Casey get into law school and did he and Allison end up getting married this time...

They didn't have Craig in the final episode, Parker was no where to be seen...it's rediculous! At least Guiding Light went 1 yr into the future to show everyone together..how everyone was doing...how couples ended up...Josh and Reva getting back together (do we know if Lily and Holden ended up back together? no...)

Like I said...too many unanswered questions. And the right thing to do since "Nancy" said the first words on the first episode of ATWT...it would have been only fitting for them to play a scene of her saying "Goodnight" for the last words of the final episode...I'm sure she said "Goodnight" in several episodes...

I hear what you are saying and you have valid points but like with a lot of movies they ended it letting the viewer fill in the blanks, you can make your own endings. I will believe:

Alison and Casey get married and have a bunch of kids, yes he got into school or why else would they move
    Carly and Jack have twins a boy and a girl
    Chris and Katie get married and have a bunch of babies
    Holden and Lily get back together,that one was pretty much cleared this week, it is just going to take time
    John and Luicinda live happily ever after
    And although Craig wasn't on today he was at the wedding and they left it to my imagination that he and Rosanna find their way back to each other.
    As for Parker they also tied up his sl at the wedding he is going to be a cop, and in my imagination when he and Liberty are old enough they finally end up together, they need to explore life a little more.
    I think they covered off every sl this past week, even Luke and Noah had an ending and they left the sl open to your imagination.

Maybe since another soap had done the future ending they didn't want to copy, they decided to leave everything open for the viewer to fill in the blanks.

No matter what, it is over and there is nothing we can do about, so we might as well make the most out of what we got.

I even loved the ending saying "Goodnight" unstead of "Good-Bye" and Bob was the best one since Nancy has passed away.

#13   2010/09/17 06:38PM
    pink kiity

there wasn't really any closure to it they let a lot of it thing open and its was like it was a beginning of a new storyline s that they didn't tie up it was like the storyline s was cut short in the middle with no finish to it, they let a lot of things open and unclosed, to me, but its was sad and it had me crying even the music was sad to also,

#14   2010/09/17 06:57PM
    Tigress1761

I think it was a lovely finale. Bob saying goodnight was only fitting, unless Lisa would have said it. Veterans have seniority- I liked it much better than the GL ending. We need to use our imaginations to determine what we want for our favorite characters, as I would rather Parker found a whole different girl, and forget about that darned Liberty altogether! Carly and Jack would have named the baby after Brad somehow, and I was really happy that Dusty was the dad of Janet's kid, so Jack and Carly didn't have her in their lives anymore!

#15   2010/09/17 08:15PM
    Rynomom

I am so glad to see that others are posting the same words that I am about to post,I can't stop crying....for the past 2 weeks the reality has hit me...my show is going to end after watching it for years....with my mom...my Great Grandmother, an Aunt.....at College....when I had my first job in a new town....ATWT was there turning with me....though I worked I taped it faithfully for years...I laughed, cried, got mad, and laughed so more.....a lot of times I would get mad and say...I can't watch this again! and the next day I would be sitting there.....I feel such a loss that I would not have dreamed a television show would leave...who'd a thunk it!

#16   2010/09/17 09:45PM
    klimprecht

I didn't cry, but I did enjoy the way everything seemed to work out well for everyone in the end. Happy happy happy!!

I liked how Carly freaked out that they were going to become boring now!! HA!!! I love Babs and Henry together. I love that the baby ended up being Dusty's. I loved that Katie and Chris ended up together and switched houses with Tom and Margo and I love how they hung that ugly picture of the chairs at that all black and white condo!! That was cool.

I wish Holden and Lily would have decided to get remarried, although I think it was implied. Cool that Parker decided to become a cop like both his dads. Sad that Reid died because I find these things so unnecessary. Everyone was leaving anyway, it's not like they needed to thin out the cast.

Everyone's dreams came true except for maybe Meg. Not sure what her deal ended up being, but I guess Emily is now Eliza's new mommy. It's good they didn't bring James back one last time or bring Damian back.

I've been watching ATWT since I was in high school. I think I graduated from high school the same year that Lily did in the show and I'm no where near old enough to have a son Luke's age!! But oh well, I don't live the exciting life that Lily lives either and I have more gray hairs and more inches around the middle than she does.

Good Bye ATWT!! I'll NEVER forget you!

#17   2010/09/19 09:20AM
    lis1265

farwell my dear loved ones on atwt u will be sadly missed i too cried while watching it atwt was the ony show i watched on cbs so i guess it dont matter if i boycott it or not i just dont know what i am gonna do after work to relax i use to sit down and spend time with my tv family this first wk with it beein gone is gonna be the hardest i want to wish all the actors luck with finding new shows to be on we all love u very much

#18   2010/09/20 09:02AM
    nonniepat

I thought it perfectly fitting that just as Nancy started the first show Bob, her son, should close the last show. I loved the way he told the story of life in Oakdale and the globe spinning at the end was just the added touch it needed to say farewell and goodnight.

I cried through the whole show and was still crying after it was over. I was thinking about my beloved grandmother throughout the show wondering what she would think if she were still in this world of not only the World Stopping but the way they closed the show.

I am thoroughly disappointed and sickened at CBS for doing this to the best SOAP in Day Time Television. I don't normally wish people or networks ill but in this case I hope that CBS goes bankrupt from putting stupid shows on like a game show or a talk show or a stupid "reality" show. I know I for one am sick of the way television is going these days and when they take off "Good Drama" for smut or reality tv or garbage like talk show/game show they have absolutely no idea what people really "want" to see.

People, I'm speaking mostly of myself, want escapism in television not reality bites tv, or everybody's else's views and/or dirty laundry tv, or boring game show's - we want fantasy lives and fictional towns with great characters telling stories just slightly above what normal life is really about but believeable and present good drama and love stories that make us want to live in the fictional town, with the fantasy life and know each and every character in the town.

So THANK YOU AS THE WORLD TURNS for giving us (some of us like my grandmother) 54 years of GREAT TV, GREAT DRAMA, A Wonderful Fictional Town of Oakdale, a wonderful FANTASY LIFE to escape to wonderful Characters through the decades portrayed by fantastic Actors and Actresses.

WE WILL MISS YOU AND WE WILL MISS OUR BELOVED OAKDALE.

Thank you Dr. Bob for a Day in the life of Oakdale. It was perfect.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/09/20 09:04AM
    #19   2010/09/20 09:36AM
    calliope

I cried from beginning to end.
    I was alright with the show not tying everything up in the end. We know where they were all headed (except for Lisa..where was a charming man for her last marriage?). Things ended as they should have, the rest is up to us to imagine.
    Lord how I will miss those people!!

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list