List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Good-bye As the World Turns... (Maybe not forever)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Good-bye As the World Turns... (Maybe not forever)

Started by G.D.S.R. 5-5-10 at 2010/09/16 06:11PM
    Latest post: 2010/09/20 09:36AM, Views: 2680, Replies: 18
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2010/09/16 06:11PM
    Good-bye As the World Turns... (Maybe not forever)
    G.D.S.R. 5-5-10

I'm afraid its Good-bye As the World Turns.
    It came on April 2, 1956 and ended, September 17, 2010.
    Maybe it's not gone forever. At least the soap oprea Passions, was extended, maybe it'll go the same way with
    ATWT. Good bye ATWT. Maybe we'll see you again. Someday,
    in soap heaven.

#2   2010/09/17 09:54AM
    Re: Good-bye As the World Turns... (Maybe not forever)
    Spaceroy

I'll have to be extra good from here on out in order to get into soap heaven!!!

#3   2010/09/17 12:02PM
    Juju4MM

Oh I sure hope it would come back crying today, loved the scene with Babs and Henry, OOOhhh I miss my soap.

#4   2010/09/17 02:27PM
    pink kiity

this was a sad week first with chanes funeral on the young and restless and now with the world gone too much sadness this week, we loss the light and now the world is gone too also,good bye light and the world

#5   2010/09/17 02:43PM
    meowbowow

Quote G.D.S.R. 5-5-10: I'm afraid its Good-bye As the World Turns.
    It came on April 2, 1956 and ended, September 17, 2010.
    Maybe it's not gone forever. At least the soap oprea Passions, was extended, maybe it'll go the same way with
    ATWT. Good bye ATWT. Maybe we'll see you again. Someday,
    in soap heaven.

It was so hard to say goodbye today and I bawled like a baby. Thank goodness it's done now so I don't have to cry anymore!! It was a good last eppy tho and they all did an awesome job. I can't believe they won't grace our households w/their presence anymore!!

#6   2010/09/17 03:39PM
    soapsrfun

Yes, today I cried throughout the whole episode. From the moment Bob started his narration until he turned the light out.
    I am going to go out on a limb here and say it was a far better episode than the last one for Guiding Light. jmo It was well done and included most, if not all, of the cast from the last year. Very well done.

#7   2010/09/17 04:12PM
    G.D.S.R. 5-5-10

Quote pink kiity: this was a sad week first with chanes funeral on the young and restless and now with the world gone too much sadness this week, we loss the light and now the world is gone too also,good bye light and the world

I don't really watch ATWT, so I don't know any of the characters, but I doi watch Y&R!

#8   2010/09/17 04:16PM
    day70

I don't agree at all. This last episode left us with too many unanswered questions...Did Carly and Jack have a boy or girl? Did Bill and Katie tie the knot...Did Casey get into law school and did he and Allison end up getting married this time...

They didn't have Craig in the final episode, Parker was no where to be seen...it's rediculous! At least Guiding Light went 1 yr into the future to show everyone together..how everyone was doing...how couples ended up...Josh and Reva getting back together (do we know if Lily and Holden ended up back together? no...)

Like I said...too many unanswered questions. And the right thing to do since "Nancy" said the first words on the first episode of ATWT...it would have been only fitting for them to play a scene of her saying "Goodnight" for the last words of the final episode...I'm sure she said "Goodnight" in several episodes...

#9   2010/09/17 04:19PM
    VickyJo

Good Bye ATWT, I will miss my show so much, I have been watching for about 30 years. I will miss coming to the message board to read what everybody else thinks of the sl's and miss posting comments.

BUT I absolutely loved the ending, I have loved the past few weeks -- with the exception of Reid's death, but the writer's handled it well. I have been crying practically none stop especially today. I thought it was the perfect ending. I loved loved loved it.

#10   2010/09/17 04:50PM
    BKLYN

My dear ATWT friends I read your posts and have to tell you like many of you I cried and could not believe the end of a legend in soaps is over. I wish I could say I will not watch anything on CBS but I also watch Y&R and B&B but that is it. I am truly upset and cannot stop crying.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list