List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: When did you Convert?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

When did you Convert?

Started by Keeping It Real Too at 2010/09/14 04:53PM
    Latest post: 2010/09/16 07:33PM, Views: 1237, Replies: 16
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2010/09/15 08:55PM
    Re: When did you Convert?
    Buffyfan428

Quote Barb G:
    Quote Buffyfan428:
    Quote Keeping It Real Too:
    Quote Buffyfan428: When did I decide I loved Reid and he belonged with Luke?

"The second or third time I laid eyes on him."

LOVE your answer Buffyfan428!!!!!!

Thanks KIRT! I swoon every time I see that scene and Reid says that.

I've loved Reid since his first episode on ATWT, but I fell in love with the idea of him and Luke after the episode where he helps Luke prove Holden didn't kill Damian. There is a moment at the end of the episode where he and Luke share this moment and look at each other, and I just knew it was gonna happen... and I would love it.

Buffy...I remember that scene too!!! That look between the two of them gave, and still does give, me goosebumps!!! Thank goodness we will always have such happy memories of them both, although there should have been many, many more of them...

so...Luke wakes up and Reid is in the shower.........

Yes! I've been watching their old clips (almost obsessively), and I still can't get over how much chemistry they had, both as characters and Van and Eric as actors. It really was just a perfect of combination of having the right characters, right actors, and (actually) good writing (for the characters, not the s/l's) and I'm grateful for that. I'm convincing myself the ending is inconsequential, because what's important is that it even started.

#12   2010/09/16 03:36AM
    Keeping It R...

Quote Buffyfan428:
    Quote Barb G:
    Quote Buffyfan428:

I've loved Reid since his first episode on ATWT, but I fell in love with the idea of him and Luke after the episode where he helps Luke prove Holden didn't kill Damian. There is a moment at the end of the episode where he and Luke share this moment and look at each other, and I just knew it was gonna happen... and I would love it.

Buffy...I remember that scene too!!! That look between the two of them gave, and still does give, me goosebumps!!! Thank goodness we will always have such happy memories of them both, although there should have been many, many more of them...

Yes! I've been watching their old clips (almost obsessively), and I still can't get over how much chemistry they had, both as characters and Van and Eric as actors. It really was just a perfect of combination of having the right characters, right actors, and (actually) good writing (for the characters, not the s/l's) and I'm grateful for that. I'm convincing myself the ending is inconsequential, because what's important is that it even started.

Buffy, I have to agree with you. Even though I was not happy with the overall storyline, the writer did do a good job of writing Reid as such a dynamic character. Hard and arrogent but also inwardly loving (shown best in my mind when he took out his sewing kit and fixed Jacob's teddybear- if that was not sexy I don't know what is!) and also vulnerable. without the writing Van and Eric would not have been able to add their brillent performances and make us care about/love Luke and Reid to the extent that we do. That being said however, since I have read so much fanfiction on LukeandReid.com, watched so many hours of their older scenes and not ATWT all week, the tv version of Reid's death is almost a distant memory in my mind, replaced by Reid and Luke together prior to that part of the story line and the fanfiction that takes up after that storyline. It is all good for me now.

#13   2010/09/16 06:53AM
    Barb G

Quote Buffyfan428:
    Quote Barb G:
    Quote Buffyfan428:

Buffy, I have to agree with you. Even though I was not happy with the overall storyline, the writer did do a good job of writing Reid as such a dynamic character. Hard and arrogent but also inwardly loving (shown best in my mind when he took out his sewing kit and fixed Jacob's teddybear- if that was not sexy I don't know what is!) and also vulnerable. without the writing Van and Eric would not have been able to add their brillent performances and make us care about/love Luke and Reid to the extent that we do. That being said however, since I have read so much fanfiction on LukeandReid.com, watched so many hours of their older scenes and not ATWT all week, the tv version of Reid's death is almost a distant memory in my mind, replaced by Reid and Luke together prior to that part of the story line and the fanfiction that takes up after that storyline. It is all good for me now.

Buffy---you are so right...at least their storyline started...and I thank the writers for that!

KIRT---I still cry when I remember Reid fixing Jacob's teddy bear...that was so touching and, yes, sexy...

It is all good for me now also, thanks to fanfiction and our own imaginations...

I'll miss reading everyone's comments, and I'll miss you and Buffy...

so...Luke woke up and Reid was in the shower.........

#14   2010/09/16 03:20PM
    Buffyfan428

Quote Barb G:
    Quote Buffyfan428:
    Quote Barb G:
    Quote Buffyfan428:

Buffy---you are so right...at least their storyline started...and I thank the writers for that!

KIRT---I still cry when I remember Reid fixing Jacob's teddy bear...that was so touching and, yes, sexy...

It is all good for me now also, thanks to fanfiction and our own imaginations...

Awwwwww! I'll miss you guys too!

I also have thrown myself head-first into their old clips and some fanfiction and it's definitely helped! I still think it'll take me a while to really be okay with it, but it's been getting better day by day. I'm just looking forward to going through an entire 24-hour day without thinking about LuRe-- and when that day comes I'll probably scold myself for not thinking about them! Lol.

#15   2010/09/16 04:06PM
    sonny6

Quote Buffyfan428:
    Quote Barb G:
    Quote Buffyfan428:
    Quote Barb G:
    Quote Buffyfan428:

I also have thrown myself head-first into their old clips and some fanfiction and it's definitely helped! I still think it'll take me a while to really be okay with it, but it's been getting better day by day. I'm just looking forward to going through an entire 24-hour day without thinking about LuRe-- and when that day comes I'll probably scold myself for not thinking about them! Lol.

OMG! You have all said what I wanted to say. Once Reid was introduced to ATWT it was like a bright star had just appeared. wow what chemistry LURE had. I am so emotionable right now. OMG I am really gonna miss ATWT.

#16   2010/09/16 05:29PM
    clicquot1

Quote sonny6:
    Quote Buffyfan428:
    Quote Barb G:
    Quote Buffyfan428:
    Quote Barb G:
    Quote Buffyfan428:

OMG! You have all said what I wanted to say. Once Reid was introduced to ATWT it was like a bright star had just appeared. wow what chemistry LURE had. I am so emotionable right now. OMG I am really gonna miss ATWT.

LOL! I gotta agree with ya'll because for years I just loved Holden & lily and to me they "were" the couple of ATWT's and then they were just RUINED for me and I quit the show but when I heard they were cancelled I started watching again and besides no Martha there was DAMIAN but the one bright spot in all of this mess was REID and his love story with LUKE...................................I thank tptb for what little we had and even though they killed him...............................LUKE & REID will always be in my mind's eye loving, living, playing, and happy in GC with their family and friends! Later!

#17   2010/09/16 07:33PM
    Keeping It R...

Can you say chemistry .....or lack there of? I watched ATWT for the first time all week specifically for the scenes between Luke and Noah. No chemistry what so ever. I even felt sorry for Jake for having to kiss Van and doing it after all of the sizzle that Eric and Van had. Personally I think it was downright cruel for tptb to put him in that position. It just re-enforced 1000 times over why I converted. GOTTS TO HAVE SIZZLE!!!!!!

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list