List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: When did you Convert?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

When did you Convert?

Started by Keeping It Real Too at 2010/09/14 04:53PM
    Latest post: 2010/09/16 07:33PM, Views: 1219, Replies: 16
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2010/09/14 04:53PM
    When did you Convert?
    Keeping It R...

I loved the gay story line on ATWT and was a big Luke and Noah fan. And then REID came along and I was like ... "Noah who?". The moment that I fell in love with Reid was when he told Luke that Luke should be damn well tired of Noah blaming him for the accident and more or less treating Luke like trash. It had concerned me for a long time that Noah never seemed to appreciate Luke, treat him with respect or even really be supportive when Luke needed it.

When Reid showed that he respected Luke and felt he deserved better treatment than Noah was giving Luke, I was a complete goner. If you converted from a Noah and Luke fan to a Luke and Reid fan, when was the moment that you switched?

#2   2010/09/14 05:04PM
    Re: When did you Convert?
    clicquot1

Quote Keeping It Real Too: I loved the gay story line on ATWT and was a big Luke and Noah fan. And then REID came along and I was like ... "Noah who?". The moment that I fell in love with Reid was when he told Luke that Luke should be damn well tired of Noah blaming him for the accident and more or less treating Luke like trash. It had concerned me for a long time that Noah never seemed to appreciate Luke, treat him with respect or even really be supportive when Luke needed it.

When Reid showed that he respected Luke and felt he deserved better treatment than Noah was giving Luke, I was a complete goner. If you converted from a Noah and Luke fan to a Luke and Reid fan, when was the moment that you switched?

I NEVER converted because I just never liked NOAH..........at all! and i didn't really watch all of their s/l anyway cause I had pretty much quit watching ATWT's but started back up before REID was introduced and saw ALL of the LUKE & REID s/l develop! I LOVED them and didn't care if it was a gay couple.....they were FABULOUS and I was sold on their chemistry and relationship! They sizzeled and i BELIEVED they wanted each other!

Years after QAF was over I came across a video of BRIAN & JUSTIN at the prom and then I watched the whole series.......they were my first gay couple and I LOVED them too! I just can't count Will & Grace because Will never really had a bf for very long, you know?

But REID was just a wondrful, rich, dynamic comlex and multi-dimensional character and I knew from day one he just had to be gay............for LUKE to finally get a real man to love and not just a silly, whinny, pathetic self-involved child who was too afraid to come of the closet for very long!

Rant over! I will miss REID most of all..........I really thought I would miss Holden & Lily buit they were ruined for me with sooooooooooo many things starting w/MB leaving! Nuff said!

And in my heart and my minds eye REID and LUKE will be forever young and in love with each other living, loving, working and raising a family in OAKDALE!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/09/14 05:07PM
    #3   2010/09/15 05:41AM
    Spaceroy

I switched the moment I found out a Luke and Reid thing was even possible, Reid was a superior character, I would have loved him with ANYONE...so I guess the answer is immediatley.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/09/15 05:42AM
    #4   2010/09/15 10:46AM
    Dewlanna

I never. Ever. Liked Noah.

I was all for Reid and Luke from the very instant I realized that Reid was attracted to Luke. I have never been so invested in a soap couple. Or a couple on ANY show, as a matter of fact.

Why why why couldn't they have had a happy ending?

#5   2010/09/15 02:31PM
    Buffyfan428

When did I decide I loved Reid and he belonged with Luke?

"The second or third time I laid eyes on him."

#6   2010/09/15 03:49PM
    Keeping It R...

Quote Buffyfan428: When did I decide I loved Reid and he belonged with Luke?

LOVE your answer Buffyfan428!!!!!!

#7   2010/09/15 04:56PM
    Barb G

He had me the first time I saw him when he answered Luke's phone call and said "Hello"!!!

so...Luke woke up and Reid was in the shower.........

#8   2010/09/15 05:01PM
    Buffyfan428

Quote Keeping It Real Too:

Thanks KIRT! I swoon every time I see that scene and Reid says that.

I've loved Reid since his first episode on ATWT, but I fell in love with the idea of him and Luke after the episode where he helps Luke prove Holden didn't kill Damian. There is a moment at the end of the episode where he and Luke share this moment and look at each other, and I just knew it was gonna happen... and I would love it.

#9   2010/09/15 05:11PM
    Barb G

Quote Buffyfan428:
    Quote Keeping It Real Too:

Thanks KIRT! I swoon every time I see that scene and Reid says that.

I've loved Reid since his first episode on ATWT, but I fell in love with the idea of him and Luke after the episode where he helps Luke prove Holden didn't kill Damian. There is a moment at the end of the episode where he and Luke share this moment and look at each other, and I just knew it was gonna happen... and I would love it.

Buffy...I remember that scene too!!! That look between the two of them gave, and still does give, me goosebumps!!! Thank goodness we will always have such happy memories of them both, although there should have been many, many more of them...

so...Luke wakes up and Reid is in the shower.........

#10   2010/09/15 05:26PM
    nightowl11

i can't say exactly when i converted. didn;t like reid at first. the more i saw of him the more i liked him especially with luke. i don;t think they got enough air time. i'm really upset the way their story ended. everyone else gets to leave with a happy ending why not them?

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list