List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Goodbye to my fellow viewers/posters...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Goodbye to my fellow viewers/posters...

Started by Buffyfan428 at 2010/09/13 03:55PM
    Latest post: 2010/09/17 09:27AM, Views: 1516, Replies: 22
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2010/09/13 03:55PM
    Goodbye to my fellow viewers/posters...
    Buffyfan428

I thought it would be nice to have a thread for us, the viewers and Soaps.com posters to say goodbye to each other.

While I've been watching the show for about three years now, I definitely consider myself a newbie, and these message boards were really an integral part in me falling in love with this show.

In a way, I feel like the interaction we all have on here is like a soap in its own way. Like the characters, posters have come and gone while new ones arrived, we've fought, laughed, fought, cried, fought bitterly, and everything in between, and I've loved every minute of it.

It's terribly sad the show is ending, and for me, that is because in a large part I always looked forward to coming on here after an episode and seeing what you all had to say, and after the past week with Reid's death I even relied on the other posters to help me out of my slump (we Soap fans are so dramatic! )

I'm rambling now, so I guess all I want to say is thank you to all of the posters on here, past and present. I know I might have been very close friends with some of you if we knew each other personally, and I genuinely hope everyone enjoys the final week and is able to move on without being too heartbroken.

I love you all!

#2   2010/09/13 05:59PM
    Re: Goodbye to my fellow viewers/posters...
    Barb G

Quote Buffyfan428: I thought it would be nice to have a thread for us, the viewers and Soaps.com posters to say goodbye to each other.

While I've been watching the show for about three years now, I definitely consider myself a newbie, and these message boards were really an integral part in me falling in love with this show.

In a way, I feel like the interaction we all have on here is like a soap in its own way. Like the characters, posters have come and gone while new ones arrived, we've fought, laughed, fought, cried, fought bitterly, and everything in between, and I've loved every minute of it.

It's terribly sad the show is ending, and for me, that is because in a large part I always looked forward to coming on here after an episode and seeing what you all had to say, and after the past week with Reid's death I even relied on the other posters to help me out of my slump (we Soap fans are so dramatic! )

I'm rambling now, so I guess all I want to say is thank you to all of the posters on here, past and present. I know I might have been very close friends with some of you if we knew each other personally, and I genuinely hope everyone enjoys the final week and is able to move on without being too heartbroken.

I love you all!

I'll miss reading your posts terribly!!! I've enjoyed them all, especially the ones about Luke and Reid. We've all helped each other to deal with this cruel twist the writers threw at us! But as we all know, they will live forever in our hearts and minds...along with all of our other friends in Oakdale.

And I, too, also want to thank all of the other posters on this site for sharing their thoughts, fears, words of wisdom, tears, joy, frustration, encouragement and most of all, their understanding of the love we share for the people who we have been so blessed to know and call our "friends" in Oakdale for so many years... It should have continued for another 54 years, at least!!!

Love to all...

#3   2010/09/14 07:42AM
    jilltidwell

Just because the show is ending doesn't mean we shouldn't come on the board. I'll probably being posting after it is over. The reason for that is that when they can up with this DTV mess our channel went out that we watched ATWT on(at the time I was looking for a job)we missed a good chunk of ATWT. So, I'm going to go back to watch what I missed. If you guys want to do that as well, go to favorite-moments.net.

#4   2010/09/14 08:03AM
    Spaceroy

Was born in 64 and watched ever since, started paying attention in about 74, you people have no idea, I watched with my grandma, she has since passed, What CBS is doing is a crime I will never watch CBS Daytime again and hope you all do the same, I have never been so angry about a TV show before, I am truly hurt and am currently banning P & G products from My home. I will truly miss the show and the actors but CBS can suck my royal red a@@..!!!.

#5   2010/09/15 07:41AM
    BKLYN

Quote Spaceroy: Was born in 64 and watched ever since, started paying attention in about 74, you people have no idea, I watched with my grandma, she has since passed, What CBS is doing is a crime I will never watch CBS Daytime again and hope you all do the same, I have never been so angry about a TV show before, I am truly hurt and am currently banning P & G products from My home. I will truly miss the show and the actors but CBS can suck my royal red a@@..!!!.

I was born in 66 and started watching this soap around the late 70's early 80's and I understand how you feel. I am angry w/CBS as well but also w/the writer's. I believe the writer's destroyed this show I kept watching because I a loyal fan but I know for a fact the same ladies aunt and close family friends much older than I stopped watching. They got me into this soap but they were bored to tear's w/the same saga now Holden/Lily and Jack/Carly splitting up getting back together it became tooo old and predictable. The Marland days were good he was talented enough to have a few SL and plots going on at once. These writer's had no imagination, I do not blame the actor's/actresses they have a job to do and do what they can w/the material given.
    I will miss this soap and will feel that void I love Y&R and B&B but that is it after that my TV goes off I will not watch that nitwit and her talk show NO WAY!

#6   2010/09/15 07:47AM
    Spaceroy

Oh for the good old days..good old Marland days anyway..ATWT was nose diving for sure but like you say, loyalty and habit won out over substance.

#7   2010/09/15 10:39AM
    Dewlanna

I commiserate with you folks who've watched since childhood. So have I. And also, I watched with my grandma when I stayed with her so in a way our shows make me feel closer to her.

Ah...you guys said "Marland" Memories, memories...

Let's not say goodbye! I would encourage everyone to pick up another soap. Give 'em a shot - they're all pretty good right now. And you could see some familiar faces, which always helps.

That said, I hope everything CBS EVER puts in their 1pm and 2pm time slots fails MISERABLY.

#8   2010/09/15 01:24PM
    Spaceroy

thanks for understanding Dew ..I'm literally beside my self about this..they really through a wrench into my routine I'll tell ya.

#9   2010/09/15 03:45PM
    Dewlanna

Quote Spaceroy: thanks for understanding Dew ..I'm literally beside my self about this..they really through a wrench into my routine I'll tell ya.

I grieved for the loss of the show when Nancy died. I sobbed. For real. Good thing I was home alone.

I still grieve for Reid *grr*

Give OLTL a try. Kim Zimmer is about to be on there, and who knows who else may show up. Also try Y&R if you don't watch it already. Several GL folks are already there and Maura West (Carly) is on her way.

#10   2010/09/15 05:13PM
    Earthmom

Quote Dewlanna:
    Quote Spaceroy: thanks for understanding Dew ..I'm literally beside my self about this..they really through a wrench into my routine I'll tell ya.

I grieved for the loss of the show when Nancy died. I sobbed. For real. Good thing I was home alone.

I still grieve for Reid *grr*

Give OLTL a try. Kim Zimmer is about to be on there, and who knows who else may show up. Also try Y&R if you don't watch it already. Several GL folks are already there and Maura West (Carly) is on her way.

Kim Zimmer is coming....I'm there! I was going to check OLTL out anyway, and I know Gina (Dinah) T... whateverherlastnameis ... has been on that soap for a while.
    I'm so sorry...even with Maura West... I can't stomach Y&R. So, OLTL it is!

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list