List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Goodbye to my dear soap

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Goodbye to my dear soap

Started by Danjusco68 at 2010/09/10 07:45PM
    Latest post: 2010/09/17 12:37PM, Views: 2344, Replies: 34
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #1   2010/09/10 07:45PM
    Goodbye to my dear soap
    Danjusco68

It really saddens me about losing ATWT after all of these years. My mother got me watching this soap back in 1974. John is still something else. I remember when he married Dee. I will miss all of you that I have watched for the past 36 years.My mother passed away 5 years ago and now with you going off I will always remember all of the days we would sit and watch ATWT.
    I know Maura is coming over to my other soap Y&R. But I hope alot of them come on over also.I have enjoyed all the storylines you have had all of these years. I am sadden that the past week was rushed especially the way you did Reid. But Love to you all and there will always be an As the world turns in my heart. That will never die..

#2   2010/09/12 07:50PM
    Re: Goodbye to my dear soap
    KELLY72

I AM SAD TO SEE MY BELOVED SOAP GO AS WELL! However i am really ticked off at how rushed the ending is. they spent so much time with this whole Chris/Katie thing(which was boring and predictable) and they totally dropped the ball on Jack and Carly!! I think wht they did with Barbara and Henry was really good but i can't understand how you can take the hottest couple on the show and just throw their ending into a couple of days!! They spent more time on the Paul, Emily, Meg fiasco. I feel cheated and ripped off, and my devotion to soaps is over. My heart goes out to the actors who play these parts because it's one thing to get cancelled but it's a whole other smack in the face to have your story line thrown together like an after thought!!

#3   2010/09/12 08:13PM
    musicandpassion

I am also very sad to know this soap is almost over. I agree with others about time wasted. I was very glad that Barbara & Henry ended up with each other, but her lock-up in the warehouse for weeks was more than I could handle! I think the writers just didn't feel like writing anymore. Kind of a slap in the face to us, the loyal viewers. Reid dying was totally unnecessary! Let's hope we are not totally disappointed on 9/17.

#4   2010/09/13 02:07PM
    BKLYN

My afternoon soaps are an escape for me. After work I head for an hour work out a few days a week so once I get home jump into the shower, get a little snack sit and watch my taped soaps. ATWT is the one that turned me onto soaps and to think that it will no longer exist after this week makes me cry. My heart is in my throat I feel as I am losing a part of me and many may say get a life well this was an escape for me. It was my time to sit and watch something I enjoy so to see this end really makes me sad...

#5   2010/09/13 02:09PM
    edge of night

My heart is not as heavey as it was with GL, however i have been tapping ATWT for the past 8 months i did GL for a year & and a half so i may visit the good folks of Oakdale & Sprinfield when i please the pain may fade in time{ i still ache for GL} I said it on the GL board i will say it again it makes me so sad that in this stage of my life so many things i love are gone

#6   2010/09/13 03:39PM
    lindab73

I have watched the World Turn since the early 60s, first with my grnadma as she babysat me then my mom. My kids had nap time around The World and The Light. I will miss Lisa and sorry she has no bigger part this week.
    Not going to follow another soap I am done these two were icons as far as I am concerned.
    I am glad that John and Lucinda are hooking up as they were a funny couple together. Wish they would have brought some of the Stewarts and Lowells two of the other families in Oakdale.. Annie and Dee could have dropped in, as Betsy and Andy as well.

#7   2010/09/14 08:24AM
    Spaceroy

Goodbye to the show, loved you...goodbye to the cast...loved you more.....Fuc# O#f CBS..and die.

#8   2010/09/14 02:46PM
    Dewlanna

LMAO @ Spaceroy! My sentiments exactly.

#9   2010/09/14 02:59PM
    ILuvNY

I was very upset when the canceled ANOTHER WORLD, a soap I grew up watching. I then started watching ATWT. It's just very hard to believe that these characters, who have become part of our daily routine, won't be around any more!!!!

#10   2010/09/15 06:00AM
    Spaceroy

That why I am afraid to start investing in another soap, I'm afraid I'll get all into it and they will just take it away!! So I'm not sure how to proceed, are any of you guys thinking of watching a different soap and if so which one are you thinking about?

1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list