List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Delusional Nuke fans...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Delusional Nuke fans...

Started by Buffyfan428 at 2010/09/10 07:13AM
    Latest post: 2010/09/10 08:52PM, Views: 595, Replies: 3
    page:
    #1   2010/09/10 07:13AM
    Delusional Nuke fans...
    Buffyfan428

I was anxious to see what the people over at a Luke and Noah fansite had to say about Reid's death.

Surprisingly, most said although they didn't like Reid they felt bad about the way he died and thought it was unnecessary.

One poster, however, said that he/she doesn't believe Luke loved Reid, and that when Reid told Luke he loved him Luke didn't look very happy-- just confused... And surprisingly several other posters agreed.

We must not have been watching the same episode last Friday, because after Reid told Luke he loved him and they kissed Luke was BEAMING. I mean, the reaction they showed LITERALLY right after Reid said it was a brief look of surprise, but that was because Luke never thought he'd hear Reid admit to loving anyone, least of all him. After that kiss though, Luke was all sunshine and daisies and ran off to tell everyone (despite being told not to) what Reid went to do.

I understand Nuke fans' disdain for Reid and LuRe, but trying to invalidate the fact that they were very clearly in love is just silly to me. They're sure wafting in denial!

#2   2010/09/10 01:23PM
    Re: Delusional Nuke fans...
    Peteena

I'm nominally a Nuke fan (though not hugely partisan either way), and I must say that I'd rather not be tarred with the same brush that you're using here based on the posting of one Nuke fan. That one poster was delusional, the rest were (by your own report) very sympathetic. So what's your point here, exactly?

#3   2010/09/10 07:56PM
    Buffyfan428

Quote Peteena: I'm nominally a Nuke fan (though not hugely partisan either way), and I must say that I'd rather not be tarred with the same brush that you're using here based on the posting of one Nuke fan. That one poster was delusional, the rest were (by your own report) very sympathetic. So what's your point here, exactly?

I wasn't trying to make a broad generalization about Nuke fans-- sorry if I offended you. I just realized the title implies I was referring to all Nuke fans, but I wasn't.

I just meant those fans who were saying Luke wasn't in love with Reid must not have been paying very close attention to the show, or are just too clouded by their own opinions of Reid.

I was glad to see, like you said, the amount of sympathy from the Nuke fans that there was.

#4   2010/09/10 08:52PM
    JudyMyers

>) It finally hit me I believed most guys like seeing the crap soaps or tv in general put out on couples how its always one sided. How one has to control the other or how one treats the other like sh-- all the time making the other feel worthless or unworthy of them but now I see it's human nature women like seeing too. I loved the Dr. MacSexy character finally a couple were there was give and take Luke got love from Reid as much as Reid got Love from Luke and it was Love you can tell by how they just seem to fit together. what did Luke get from Noah Push bang slap Luke never felt good enough for Noah mostly cause thats how Noah acted. Noah wanted a thousand percent from Luke only want to give ten in return. It was a emotional and at time mental abuse with those too. and Luke was broken to see it after Reid came along Reid should him he desevered better and should demand it. Luke finally maned up and took up for himself and Reid Loved seeing him do that Reid might not have been the poor me like Noah but he was the better man for Luke and I am upset the kill Reid. I felt the character could have gone all the way to the end. More sorry now because they may put Luke and Noah back together and that will make me sick after all the growing up Luke finally did with Reid it would be a shame.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list