List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: It's Official......ATWT has ended for sadly for me

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

It's Official......ATWT has ended for sadly for me

Started by nonniepat at 2010/09/10 05:31AM
    Latest post: 2010/09/10 04:07PM, Views: 937, Replies: 5
    page:
    #1   2010/09/10 05:31AM
    It's Official......ATWT has ended for sadly for me
    nonniepat

I was not planning on posting for yesterday's show but once I saw it I knew one last post was something I needed to do.

The World ended for me long before Allison's voice announced the final weeks previews. Yes, I will still watch and tape and shed a tear for each and every family member that I have grown up with and even smile as Jack and Carly marry one final time and Lily and Holden come to terms with themselves, each other and their family and Chris begins his new life with the precious gift he was given and plans his future with Katie and Jacob, and Janet and Dusty (who is the father) have their baby and begin their family. I can truly say that a piece of my heart will remain in Oakdale but not at Fairwinds or the Lakeview or Olde Towne or Java or Al's or Fashions.

When Luke his parents and Noah stood by the Snyder Pond and Luke explaned how some of Reid's ashes would remain at the hospital in the new neuro wing and how it was Reid's baby and Reid dedicated himself fully to it I couldn't help but smile a little thinking that in a way it is Luke's baby too.. the new wing. Reid conceived it but Luke has supported it both in money and planning and I don't care anymore whether the writers have Luke running after Noah in LA (I hope not though) or have him staying in his hometown with his family over looking "their" baby from his position on the Hospital Board (my hope for him) there is one picture of Luke that will forever remain with me now. The baby that was born on the shores of the Malta Coast has grown into a fine man but a broken man after the events of the last few days.

When Luke said that the remaining ashes of Reid was "going to be here at the Pond with me" one image came to my mind as he stood there holding that chess piece in his hands.

With each passing day, each passing season, each passing year Luke will be by that Pond with his love.............

Yes I guess in a way the Hughes family has lived a "charmed life" to quote the new recepient of Reid Oliver's heart and maybe in a way the Snyder clan who came from the poorer side of the city have not had such a charmed life as Lily pointed out to Uncle Angus about Luke and failure and if you stretch your mind even farther rements of Shakespere's town of Verona and two households could come to mind but unless Luke walks into that pond which I don't think is in him to do there will be no Romeo and Juliet ending to this story but a man who had a once in a lifetime love come charging into his life and changed it....forever. A young man who though still has his whole life ahead of him has his heart waiting by a pond to be with the love that was cut way too short, the love that always seemed rushed and hurried and the love he never really had time, real time to be with as "other" things kept getting in the way.

Yes, a piece of my heart will remain at the Snyder Pond keeping Luke company as he remains by the Pond and stays close to his Reid...........

This may make no sense to anyone but me but I know that this image will never leave me and perhaps it's fitting that since they didn't burn down the town they spread the ashes of it's newest and most exciting resident in the heart of the Snyder family where I think not only will Luke be keeping an eye on their "baby" the neuro wing and his love at the Pond but Reid will be keeping an eye on his Luke too....forever.

I want to thank all my new friends here that I've posted with for a while now and know that I will miss talking with all of you about our beloved show.

Goodbye Reid........Goodbye Luke........Goodbye Oakdale...
    Goodbye AS THE WORLD TURNS! You will be missed!

#2   2010/09/10 06:59AM
    Re: It's Official......ATWT has ended for sadly for me
    Buffyfan428

Quote nonniepat: I was not planning on posting for yesterday's show but once I saw it I knew one last post was something I needed to do.

The World ended for me long before Allison's voice announced the final weeks previews. Yes, I will still watch and tape and shed a tear for each and every family member that I have grown up with and even smile as Jack and Carly marry one final time and Lily and Holden come to terms with themselves, each other and their family and Chris begins his new life with the precious gift he was given and plans his future with Katie and Jacob, and Janet and Dusty (who is the father) have their baby and begin their family. I can truly say that a piece of my heart will remain in Oakdale but not at Fairwinds or the Lakeview or Olde Towne or Java or Al's or Fashions.

When Luke his parents and Noah stood by the Snyder Pond and Luke explaned how some of Reid's ashes would remain at the hospital in the new neuro wing and how it was Reid's baby and Reid dedicated himself fully to it I couldn't help but smile a little thinking that in a way it is Luke's baby too.. the new wing. Reid conceived it but Luke has supported it both in money and planning and I don't care anymore whether the writers have Luke running after Noah in LA (I hope not though) or have him staying in his hometown with his family over looking "their" baby from his position on the Hospital Board (my hope for him) there is one picture of Luke that will forever remain with me now. The baby that was born on the shores of the Malta Coast has grown into a fine man but a broken man after the events of the last few days.

When Luke said that the remaining ashes of Reid was "going to be here at the Pond with me" one image came to my mind as he stood there holding that chess piece in his hands.

With each passing day, each passing season, each passing year Luke will be by that Pond with his love.............

Yes I guess in a way the Hughes family has lived a "charmed life" to quote the new recepient of Reid Oliver's heart and maybe in a way the Snyder clan who came from the poorer side of the city have not had such a charmed life as Lily pointed out to Uncle Angus about Luke and failure and if you stretch your mind even farther rements of Shakespere's town of Verona and two households could come to mind but unless Luke walks into that pond which I don't think is in him to do there will be no Romeo and Juliet ending to this story but a man who had a once in a lifetime love come charging into his life and changed it....forever. A young man who though still has his whole life ahead of him has his heart waiting by a pond to be with the love that was cut way too short, the love that always seemed rushed and hurried and the love he never really had time, real time to be with as "other" things kept getting in the way.

Yes, a piece of my heart will remain at the Snyder Pond keeping Luke company as he remains by the Pond and stays close to his Reid...........

This may make no sense to anyone but me but I know that this image will never leave me and perhaps it's fitting that since they didn't burn down the town they spread the ashes of it's newest and most exciting resident in the heart of the Snyder family where I think not only will Luke be keeping an eye on their "baby" the neuro wing and his love at the Pond but Reid will be keeping an eye on his Luke too....forever.

I want to thank all my new friends here that I've posted with for a while now and know that I will miss talking with all of you about our beloved show.

Jiminy Crickets that was a beautiful post.

I've seriously been thinking about Reid's death ALL week since it happened. I still feel so much shock, upset, and confusion! This post helped put some of that at ease. Thank you for such an eloquent and sincere post.

#3   2010/09/10 11:58AM
    calliope

What a nice post nonnie! I had some type of DVR malfunction yesterday and ATWT did not tape. Y&R and B&B (which I never watch anymore) were there but not ATWT. I tried to watch online but Wednesday was the last they had listed when I was on. I did read the reacap and am sorry I missed it.
    Remember when the Snyder pond was a pretend pond but so much happened there? They swam in it, played in it, even made love in it. It actually seemed more real to me than this actual body of water they have now. This has always been my favorite soap. I have alweays loved the characters on this show. I love the camp that ATWT has always been able to carry off so well. I will truly miss this show.
    Your post sounds like you are never posting again. I hope that is not true.

#4   2010/09/10 12:23PM
    nonniepat

Quote calliope: What a nice post nonnie! I had some type of DVR malfunction yesterday and ATWT did not tape. Y&R and B&B (which I never watch anymore) were there but not ATWT. I tried to watch online but Wednesday was the last they had listed when I was on. I did read the reacap and am sorry I missed it.
    Remember when the Snyder pond was a pretend pond but so much happened there? They swam in it, played in it, even made love in it. It actually seemed more real to me than this actual body of water they have now. This has always been my favorite soap. I have alweays loved the characters on this show. I love the camp that ATWT has always been able to carry off so well. I will truly miss this show.
    Your post sounds like you are never posting again. I hope that is not true.

Thank you. I may post again one day. And since Maura is going to Y & R I am going to try to continue watching as I love her performances and am looking forward to seeing at least some ATWT people move on. I'm hoping Van and/or Eric land on a soap and the rumor is, I know only a rumor, that Roger Howarth will be going to OLTL.

Thank you for always being so nice in your posts and reading mine.

#5   2010/09/10 12:30PM
    nonniepat

Quote Buffyfan428:
    Quote nonniepat: I was not planning on posting for yesterday's show but once I saw it I knew one last post was something I needed to do.

I've seriously been thinking about Reid's death ALL week since it happened. I still feel so much shock, upset, and confusion! This post helped put some of that at ease. Thank you for such an eloquent and sincere post.

Thank you for your kind words and for reading my post.

I too am having severe shock, upset at Reid's death, Luke's pain and Reid's ashes being spread at the Snyder Pond. I wrote this hoping it will help as getting my thoughts about it all was what I thought would help ease it all a bit for me. Can't say that a lonely Luke waiting at the Pond is easing anything but as devasted as he is that is the image that is kinda stuck in my brain. But as painful as it all is I'm glad I have it on tape. After awhile I may be able to continuing my dubbing to dvd of the Luke/Reid love story for now I think I need to put it away for awhile and let the events of this past week go for awhile.

Thank you for always having such nice, wonderful posts.

#6   2010/09/10 04:07PM
    Keeping It R...

Quote Buffyfan428:

Buffyfan 428, you took the words right out of mouth!Nonniepat's post was both "beautiful" and "eloquent" (those were the exact words that were running through my mind as I read the post). It really painted a peaceful picture where Luke and Reid will stay forever together. Who knows, maybe many, many years in the future when Luke passes on at an old age, his ashes will also be added to the Snyder pond and at that time Luke and Reid will be joined together for eternity.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list