List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Cardboard box?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Cardboard box?

Started by daisyjo at 2010/09/09 05:16PM
    Latest post: 2010/09/12 08:35PM, Views: 708, Replies: 7
    page:
    #1   2010/09/09 05:16PM
    Cardboard box?
    daisyjo

The scene by the pond was awful. They brough Reid to the pond in a cardboard box (labeled with his name)and basically dumped him in the water. Where was everyone? Katie, Kim, Bob - not one of them came to pay tribute?

#2   2010/09/09 05:39PM
    Re: Cardboard box?
    Barb G

Quote daisyjo: The scene by the pond was awful. They brough Reid to the pond in a cardboard box (labeled with his name)and basically dumped him in the water. Where was everyone? Katie, Kim, Bob - not one of them came to pay tribute?

YOU SAID IT!!! What I'm MOST pissed off about is they used a brown cardboard box for Reid's ashes??? The props people couldn't come up with a wooden box at least??? And is there going to be an "official" memorial service for Reid?!? If so...don't blink your eyes cause you'll probably miss it..or worse yet, there won't be any at all!!!

And I don't know about any one else but I feel as if I should be wearing a seatbelt watching these last three days!!! Talk about everything being in hyper-drive!!! Lily and Holden go to Brooklyn, track down Uncle Angus, have a talk with him, he signs the papers, they get back to Oakdale, Reid has already been cremated and they arrive at the pond with the ashes (in the crude cardboard box, no less!) all in the same day?!?!?!?!? And it's still daylight, not even close to dusk at least!!! I feel like I've got whiplash from all the jumping around from one scene to the next then back to the first scene and on and on and on......... Reid hasn't even been dead 24 hours, Chris looks healthier than Luke and is talking up a storm, he's not in any pain whatsoever after having his chest cracked open, no one has changed clothes, John hasn't had any sleep since Lord knows when but is making his rounds around Oakdale!!!

Yep, these last three days have all been in hyper-drive!!! Sorry for the rant but I'm just so angry with how everything is being rushed through!! Once again, the fans are being cheated...big time!!!

#3   2010/09/09 08:19PM
    soapsrfun

Here's my take on today's episode.
    I also thought they rushed things a bit. Plus they wasted precious screen time with the scenes with Uncle Angus.
    I believe they rushed to end this story line because next week we will be treated? to the Carly/Jack wedding and the baby.
    Also, they did talk extensively that Reid's ashes are going to be placed somewhere in the Neuro wing. So, only a portion were dropped in the pond. I would think that Reid's memorial service will be at the time of the dedication of the new wing. We won't get to see it unless they pull a Guiding light and and fast forward a year or so.

#4   2010/09/10 11:53AM
    soapsrfun

Some of you were questioning the use of a cardboard box. From reading someone's personal experience with spreading ashes, it seems that the cardboard box is real. The ashes are sealed in a plastic bag within the box and the name is printed on the outside of the sealed box. So it looks like the writers got this one right.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/09/10 11:56AM
    #5   2010/09/10 12:03PM
    calliope

The cardboard box is the way the ashes are recieved. I am sure the ashes that remain at the hospital will be in a more visually pleasing container.

#6   2010/09/10 01:14PM
    Peteena

At least it's bio-degradable!

#7   2010/09/12 07:35AM
    Mellott

Cardboard boxes are used when you recieve ashes from a funeral home, but they put the ashes in a plastic bag. Then, place the bag in a type of tin canister with a removable lid and place the tin container in a box. This was how it was done for my sisters ashes a few years back.

#8   2010/09/12 08:35PM
    musicandpassion

You are so right about the "hyper-drive" episodes we have been watching. How unfair to us. I hate to admit it, but Guiding Light did a better job except for the horrible dreary lighting they used the last month or so. Bad enough Reid had to die, then his ashes were disposed of in such a quick manner. OK, that is 2 CBS soaps ending within 1 yr. They had better leave Y&R alone!!!! I have tried watching some of the other soaps on other networks, but I'm sorry, they just don't appeal to me at all!!! ATWT airs @ 2pm each day in my area---what will I do with myself?????
    Bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list