List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Uncle Angus?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Uncle Angus?

Started by nonniepat at 2010/09/09 05:14AM
    Latest post: 2010/09/09 01:26PM, Views: 1031, Replies: 4
    page:
    #1   2010/09/09 05:14AM
    Uncle Angus?
    nonniepat

Does anyone get the feeling or is it just me that we are NOT going to like Uncle Angus and Uncle Angus is not going to be good where Reid is concerned.

It was bad enough when he called Reid (I believe it was) ungrateful welp? but that video of a young Reid with the man before and the way Reid flung himself away from the older man's touch - creepy. I get the feeling that Reid's childhood was not a very pleasant one and I don't just mean in a bad childhood sorta way but in a very bad childhood tramatic experience kinda way. I thought the same thing when Reid told Luke about playing chess with a bunch of old men growing up but Reid didn't seem bothered by that bit of sharing with Luke at the time but now I just get a very bad feeling that we are NOT going to like Dr. Oliver's chess playing Uncle at all.

Sure hope I'm wrong but I get a baaaaad feeling about where this is headed.

I also have a feeling that it was Uncle Angus who entered a young Reid into all those chess matches and not his "folks" as Reid refered to them. Wanna bet mommy and daddy didn't raise young Reid but died when Reid was young or maybe worse yet "Uncle" Angus could be daddy or foster daddy Oliver?

Something is going to come out of this addition to the story line for sure I hope it's not anything like this.

#2   2010/09/09 05:57AM
    Re: Uncle Angus?
    Barb G

Quote nonniepat: Does anyone get the feeling or is it just me that we are NOT going to like Uncle Angus and Uncle Angus is not going to be good where Reid is concerned.

It was bad enough when he called Reid (I believe it was) ungrateful welp? but that video of a young Reid with the man before and the way Reid flung himself away from the older man's touch - creepy. I get the feeling that Reid's childhood was not a very pleasant one and I don't just mean in a bad childhood sorta way but in a very bad childhood tramatic experience kinda way. I thought the same thing when Reid told Luke about playing chess with a bunch of old men growing up but Reid didn't seem bothered by that bit of sharing with Luke at the time but now I just get a very bad feeling that we are NOT going to like Dr. Oliver's chess playing Uncle at all.

I also have a feeling that it was Uncle Angus who entered a young Reid into all those chess matches and not his "folks" as Reid refered to them. Wanna bet mommy and daddy didn't raise young Reid but died when Reid was young or maybe worse yet "Uncle" Angus could be daddy or foster daddy Oliver?

Something is going to come out of this addition to the story line for sure I hope it's not anything like this.

I'm with you...I too saw the way Reid pulled himself away from "Uncle Angus" and it sent up all kinds of warning signals!!! This is NOT going to be good at all, I fear, and at this point I'm not sure I can take anymore bad news where Reid is concerned! I am so emotionally drained at this point.....

#3   2010/09/09 09:32AM
    nonniepat

Quote Barb G:
    Quote nonniepat: Does anyone get the feeling or is it just me that we are NOT going to like Uncle Angus and Uncle Angus is not going to be good where Reid is concerned.

I'm with you...I too saw the way Reid pulled himself away from "Uncle Angus" and it sent up all kinds of warning signals!!! This is NOT going to be good at all, I fear, and at this point I'm not sure I can take anymore bad news where Reid is concerned! I am so emotionally drained at this point.....

Barb G - I'm not sure I can take anymore bad news about Reid either. By emotions are so drained and stressed by not just Reid's death, Luke's heart wrenching pain but the whole ending of the show next week. I sure hope our fears about Uncle Angus are wrong. Hopefully if Lily and Holden learn anything unappealing about Uncle Angus and his relationship with Reid they won't burden Luke with it. Luke loved (loves) him so much that Luke can't take anymore pain right now. I think I cried harder with yesterday's show as Luke's pain was front and center as he begged his mother to make it like it never happened and his soul tearing question to Allison of what it was like during surgery with Reid there as they put Reid's heart in Chris. And his explanation in tears to his parents about them harvesting all of Reid's organs and that someone else will be looking through Reid's eyes. I was haunted watching it by his tearfilled words to Katie just hours before (the day before for us) that it's Reid's heart.

Hopefully Uncle Angus will give the permission necessary for Luke to lay Reid to rest and not give Luke or his parents any reason to be concerned about how Reid was growing up and add no more pain to our poor Luke. I also kept remembering the last few days when Luke was born (I remember that) and he was so young in his pain that I couldn't help but want to be Lily at that moment. Grown man he may be and he's become a wonderful strong man of integrity but he has never experienced this before and I sure wish he didn't have to now.

#4   2010/09/09 12:56PM
    Barb G

Quote nonniepat:
    Quote Barb G:

Barb G - I'm not sure I can take anymore bad news about Reid either. By emotions are so drained and stressed by not just Reid's death, Luke's heart wrenching pain but the whole ending of the show next week. I sure hope our fears about Uncle Angus are wrong. Hopefully if Lily and Holden learn anything unappealing about Uncle Angus and his relationship with Reid they won't burden Luke with it. Luke loved (loves) him so much that Luke can't take anymore pain right now. I think I cried harder with yesterday's show as Luke's pain was front and center as he begged his mother to make it like it never happened and his soul tearing question to Allison of what it was like during surgery with Reid there as they put Reid's heart in Chris. And his explanation in tears to his parents about them harvesting all of Reid's organs and that someone else will be looking through Reid's eyes. I was haunted watching it by his tearfilled words to Katie just hours before (the day before for us) that it's Reid's heart.

Hopefully Uncle Angus will give the permission necessary for Luke to lay Reid to rest and not give Luke or his parents any reason to be concerned about how Reid was growing up and add no more pain to our poor Luke. I also kept remembering the last few days when Luke was born (I remember that) and he was so young in his pain that I couldn't help but want to be Lily at that moment. Grown man he may be and he's become a wonderful strong man of integrity but he has never experienced this before and I sure wish he didn't have to now.

That was beautiful...thank you for sharing it! I'm so glad that we were wrong about Uncle Angus!!! What a relief!!! It was touching, him giving the knight to Lily for Luke to have! And remember the question in the teaser poll about what chess piece did Uncle Angus carry with him? I said the knight because Reid was coming to the rescue! How poignant that it was the knight he carried all those years.

Switching gears...Of course, I was sobbing again today. But a brown cardboard box for Reid's ashes??? The props people couldn't come up with a wooden box at least??? And I don't know about you but I feel as if I should be wearing a seatbelt watching these last three days!!! Talk about everything being in hyper-drive!!! Lily and Holden go to Chicago, track down Uncle Angus, have a talk with him, he signs the papers, they get back to Oakdale, Reid has already been cremated and they arrive at the pond with the ashes (in the crude cardboard box, no less!) all in the same day?!?!?!?!? And it's still daylight, not even close to dusk at least!!! I feel like I've got whiplash from all the jumping around from one scene to the next then back to the first scene and on and on and on......... Reid hasn't even been dead 24 hours, Chris looks healthier than Luke and is talking up a storm, he's not in any pain whatsoever after having his chest cracked open, no one has changed clothes, John hasn't had any sleep since Lord knows when but is making his rounds around Oakdale!!! Yep, these last three days have all been in hyper-drive!!! And is there going to be an "official" memorial service for Reid?!? If so...don't blink her eyes cause you'll probably miss it..or worse yet, there won't be any at all!!! Sorry for the rant but I'm just so angry with how everything is being rushed through!! Once again, the fans are being cheated...

#5   2010/09/09 01:26PM
    Keeping It R...

Quote Barb G:
    Quote nonniepat:
    Quote Barb G:

That was beautiful...thank you for sharing it! I'm so glad that we were wrong about Uncle Angus!!! What a relief!!! It was touching, him giving the knight to Lily for Luke to have! And remember the question in the teaser poll about what chess piece did Uncle Angus carry with him? I said the knight because Reid was coming to the rescue! How poignant that it was the knight he carried all those years.

Switching gears...Of course, I was sobbing again today. But a brown cardboard box for Reid's ashes??? The props people couldn't come up with a wooden box at least??? And I don't know about you but I feel as if I should be wearing a seatbelt watching these last three days!!! Talk about everything being in hyper-drive!!! Lily and Holden go to Chicago, track down Uncle Angus, have a talk with him, he signs the papers, they get back to Oakdale, Reid has already been cremated and they arrive at the pond with the ashes (in the crude cardboard box, no less!) all in the same day?!?!?!?!? And it's still daylight, not even close to dusk at least!!! I feel like I've got whiplash from all the jumping around from one scene to the next then back to the first scene and on and on and on......... Reid hasn't even been dead 24 hours, Chris looks healthier than Luke and is talking up a storm, he's not in any pain whatsoever after having his chest cracked open, no one has changed clothes, John hasn't had any sleep since Lord knows when but is making his rounds around Oakdale!!! Yep, these last three days have all been in hyper-drive!!! And is there going to be an "official" memorial service for Reid?!? If so...don't blink her eyes cause you'll probably miss it..or worse yet, there won't be any at all!!! Sorry for the rant but I'm just so angry with how everything is being rushed through!! Once again, the fans are being cheated...

I agree that everything happened so fast. I also wish they had spent a little more energy in Reid's send off. However, I kind of liked the intimate ceremony with just Luke and those closest to him. It would have felt a little phoney if a lot of people who didn't understand him when he was alive were at the ceremony grieving his death. Just to bad Katie was not there. Although somewhat corney, I also liked the fact that Reid was going to literally be a part of the new wing. It seems fitting.

Personally I think the story arc for Luke/Reid/Noah and Katie/Chris are pretty much wrapped up. For me, next week is going to be a lot less emotional and probably very anti-climatical (if that is really a word).

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list