List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Advice to those upset about the Reid ending...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Advice to those upset about the Reid ending...

Started by Buffyfan428 at 2010/09/08 07:40PM
    Latest post: 2010/09/19 01:09AM, Views: 2117, Replies: 18
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2010/09/15 12:04PM
    Re: Advice to those upset about the Reid ending...
    ladyti

I don't think your reaction was silly, I cried also. But your comment did make me laugh! You really got into the scene. I think that was beautiful writing and excellant acting. Very believable. Awards should be coming

#12   2010/09/15 12:10PM
    ladyti

Iagree. But I guess since they continued to make Reid appear to be heartless, they let him die proving he did have a heartt and he gave his all to his patient.He gave his heart to Chris so that Chris could live. He's the best!

#13   2010/09/17 08:24AM
    barnbuddy

This might lift the spirits of Reid's fan. www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdJly8O-DtA&feature=channel

It's done by a UK fan of Reid, Luke and the Oakdale gang. Very funny.

#14   2010/09/17 03:15PM
    meowbowow

Quote Buffyfan428: DON'T watch the episodes over.

I thought it would be a good idea to watch the episode with Reid's death again, thinking maybe it would help me get over how sad I was with Reid's death. It didn't. In fact I cried, literally about 10X harder (this time with snot literally dripping from my nose [sorry for that gross image]) and I feel much worse than before. How weak, but brave Reid was in his final moments, the way the music swells as Reid walks into the empty ER and Katie comforts him, and the way Luke says, "It's his heart! It's Reid heart!" It just really kills me.

I really have NO clue why I'm getting so emotional over this s/l. I usually don't get this way over movies/shows, but I guess I attached myself to Reid's character and now I feel like I've suffered a loss. It sounds silly, I know, and trust me I feel silly getting so emotional, but I can't help it.

The first time I watched and cried I think it was from shock. The second time, I cried because it was confirmation that this great character is really gone, the show is ending, and nothing can change that.

So save yourselves the heartache and DON'T re-watch yesterday's episode.

I bawled my eyes out the first time and I know I couldn't handle a second time. I grew to love Reid and IMO he was one character who showed so much growth in such a short time. I don't read spoilers so I had absolutely no idea they were going to kill him off, I was shocked. I didn't even watch the next day's previews b/c they always gave everything away. I'm just glad if they had to do it that they made him a hero. Sniff, sniff!!

#15   2010/09/17 04:19PM
    clicquot1

Quote meowbowow:
    Quote Buffyfan428: DON'T watch the episodes over.

I thought it would be a good idea to watch the episode with Reid's death again, thinking maybe it would help me get over how sad I was with Reid's death. It didn't. In fact I cried, literally about 10X harder (this time with snot literally dripping from my nose [sorry for that gross image]) and I feel much worse than before. How weak, but brave Reid was in his final moments, the way the music swells as Reid walks into the empty ER and Katie comforts him, and the way Luke says, "It's his heart! It's Reid heart!" It just really kills me.

I really have NO clue why I'm getting so emotional over this s/l. I usually don't get this way over movies/shows, but I guess I attached myself to Reid's character and now I feel like I've suffered a loss. It sounds silly, I know, and trust me I feel silly getting so emotional, but I can't help it.

The first time I watched and cried I think it was from shock. The second time, I cried because it was confirmation that this great character is really gone, the show is ending, and nothing can change that.

So save yourselves the heartache and DON'T re-watch yesterday's episode.

I bawled my eyes out the first time and I know I couldn't handle a second time. I grew to love Reid and IMO he was one character who showed so much growth in such a short time. I don't read spoilers so I had absolutely no idea they were going to kill him off, I was shocked. I didn't even watch the next day's previews b/c they always gave everything away. I'm just glad if they had to do it that they made him a hero. Sniff, sniff!!

Funny I have watched ATWT's for years ever since I was a smalll kid with my mom and only quit watching a couple of years ago only to return when I heard they were cancelled...imagine my suprise when REID was introduced he was such an amazing, dynamic, exciting, arrogant, and complex character but I absoltely LOVED him! I hadn't cared that much about a character in a long, long, long, time! I quit watching again when he stalled on the railroad tracks..........I just couldn't watch after that day until the very last day and was given a very small reward when Luke was allowed the stethascope of REID'S to listen to his loves HEART beating in chris's cheast!

I'm hoping to see another wonderful chara ter like him again sometime and in my minds eye he will still be in Oakdale with his love Luke where they are happy, loving, and healthy with friends and family just like all the others are! Goodbye................................OAKDALE!

#16   2010/09/17 04:40PM
    Str8tButEqual

To those of us who cared about the romance between Luke & Reid they live on at lukeandreid.com, the quality of fan fiction found there is awesome, they need to get hired on the soaps. I would watch these stories as webisodes, now if only ESS & VH were available.

#17   2010/09/18 11:03AM
    Buffyfan428

It still upsets me SO much the way things ended for Reid and especially Luke. I feel like an emotional yo-yo. Some days I'm fine and accepting of the ending, and other days I'm so frustrated and down.

Of course I'm glad the writers didn't shack Luke back up with Noah, and their last scenes were sweet, but just watching the final episode, and seeing (literally) everyone else so happy and joyful felt so wrong and unfair.

When Natalie came out and sat with Luke my heart just broke, because even she can tell how much he is hurting. While the stethescope scene was touching and a good final scene for Luke, I still am SO bitter about the s/l as a whole.

#18   2010/09/18 11:08AM
    Barb G

Quote Buffyfan428: It still upsets me SO much the way things ended for Reid and especially Luke. I feel like an emotional yo-yo. Some days I'm fine and accepting of the ending, and other days I'm so frustrated and down.

Of course I'm glad the writers didn't shack Luke back up with Noah, and their last scenes were sweet, but just watching the final episode, and seeing (literally) everyone else so happy and joyful felt so wrong and unfair.

When Natalie came out and sat with Luke my heart just broke, because even she can tell how much he is hurting. While the stethescope scene was touching and a good final scene for Luke, I still am SO bitter about the s/l as a whole.

Buffy, just remember this---so...Luke WOKE UP and Reid was in the shower and he joined him there.....

#19   2010/09/19 01:09AM
    Buffyfan428

Quote Barb G:
    Quote Buffyfan428: It still upsets me SO much the way things ended for Reid and especially Luke. I feel like an emotional yo-yo. Some days I'm fine and accepting of the ending, and other days I'm so frustrated and down.

Buffy, just remember this---so...Luke WOKE UP and Reid was in the shower and he joined him there.....

If only it were that easy Barb!

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list