List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Advice to those upset about the Reid ending...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Advice to those upset about the Reid ending...

Started by Buffyfan428 at 2010/09/08 07:40PM
    Latest post: 2010/09/19 01:09AM, Views: 2131, Replies: 18
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2010/09/08 07:40PM
    Advice to those upset about the Reid ending...
    Buffyfan428

DON'T watch the episodes over.

I thought it would be a good idea to watch the episode with Reid's death again, thinking maybe it would help me get over how sad I was with Reid's death. It didn't. In fact I cried, literally about 10X harder (this time with snot literally dripping from my nose [sorry for that gross image]) and I feel much worse than before. How weak, but brave Reid was in his final moments, the way the music swells as Reid walks into the empty ER and Katie comforts him, and the way Luke says, "It's his heart! It's Reid heart!" It just really kills me.

I really have NO clue why I'm getting so emotional over this s/l. I usually don't get this way over movies/shows, but I guess I attached myself to Reid's character and now I feel like I've suffered a loss. It sounds silly, I know, and trust me I feel silly getting so emotional, but I can't help it.

The first time I watched and cried I think it was from shock. The second time, I cried because it was confirmation that this great character is really gone, the show is ending, and nothing can change that.

So save yourselves the heartache and DON'T re-watch yesterday's episode.

#2   2010/09/09 12:09PM
    Re: Advice to those upset about the Reid ending...
    miss dustymc...

And you'll cry today when Luke looks into the pond and says goodbye Reid.I just wanted more.

I can't watch it again it just makes me sad.
    But there goes ATWT too. So this next week will be hard on all.
    I really liked these 2 together they became my favorite.
    It's like you said.It has had an effect on many.

It just should have ended on a happier note.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/09/09 12:10PM
    #3   2010/09/09 01:44PM
    Keeping It R...

Quote miss dustymccouch: And you'll cry today when Luke looks into the pond and says goodbye Reid.I just wanted more.

I can't watch it again it just makes me sad.
    But there goes ATWT too. So this next week will be hard on all.
    I really liked these 2 together they became my favorite.
    It's like you said.It has had an effect on many.

It just should have ended on a happier note.

I think for most people it will end on a happier note. For the fans of all of the couples other than Luke and Reid they are going to get their happy ending. This week has been a very emotional and very sad week. But next week I think there are going to be a few weddings and couples getting back together and declaring their ever lasting love for one another.

Because I think the Luke/Reid/Noah and Katie/Chris story arcs are pretty much wrapped up, for me it is going to be very anti-clamatic and not at all emotional (which is just as well since I am now emotionally spent)!!!!

#4   2010/09/10 11:30AM
    Dewlanna

Buffy, I didn't even watch it the first time. I was conflicted whether I should because I am HIGHLY emotional and LuRe was my favorite couple.

Fortunately our power went out that day and the DVR didn't even record it.

I DVRed it all the rest of the week but haven't watched it. My heart is broken.

* SPOILER *

And I see that Luke ends up ALONE??? Everyone else gets their happy ending. They could have harvested a heart from some stranger on the street or Nancy (stretching it, yeah, but it's a SOAP!) Instead, they throw Reid under the bus (well, TRAIN) and destroy the best couple they've had in years. And we end with Luke - who we've known since birth - ALONE. I am so so so unhappy about this.

#5   2010/09/10 09:09PM
    Buffyfan428

Quote Dewlanna: Buffy, I didn't even watch it the first time. I was conflicted whether I should because I am HIGHLY emotional and LuRe was my favorite couple.

* SPOILER *

And I see that Luke ends up ALONE??? Everyone else gets their happy ending. They could have harvested a heart from some stranger on the street or Nancy (stretching it, yeah, but it's a SOAP!) Instead, they throw Reid under the bus (well, TRAIN) and destroy the best couple they've had in years. And we end with Luke - who we've known since birth - ALONE. I am so so so unhappy about this.

I'm not going to sugarcoat it Dewlanna-- it's tough to watch, and coming from a typically stoic person, I sobbed uncontrollably.

However, aren't you curious about what you haven't seen? The outcome is just terribly painful and sad, but the acting was wonderful and the music that accompanied (particularly the music at the end of Monday's episode) was very pretty.

I wish I could tell you that you should watch it, but at the same time I'm wondering if you want to deal with the pain it will cause... I wish I had better advice, lol.

#6   2010/09/11 08:49AM
    miss dustymc...

Quote Buffyfan428:
    Quote Dewlanna: Buffy, I didn't even watch it the first time. I was conflicted whether I should because I am HIGHLY emotional and LuRe was my favorite couple.

* SPOILER *

I'm not going to sugarcoat it Dewlanna-- it's tough to watch, and coming from a typically stoic person, I sobbed uncontrollably.

However, aren't you curious about what you haven't seen? The outcome is just terribly painful and sad, but the acting was wonderful and the music that accompanied (particularly the music at the end of Monday's episode) was very pretty.

I wish I could tell you that you should watch it, but at the same time I'm wondering if you want to deal with the pain it will cause... I wish I had better advice, lol.

Why they did this to Reid for the Noah fans out there.
    This is why writers make mistakes. Look at the out pour of support for Reid/Luke storyline.
    They just DO not listen to the fans and that is wrong.
    Because they are the BIGGEST PR for the show!

They could have had a luke reid spin off

#7   2010/09/11 12:34PM
    Buffyfan428

* SPOILER *

Oh and Dewlanna, it does stink that Luke ends up alone, but if he's not with Reid I sure as heck don't want him to end up with Noah!

Ideally it would have (and should have) been LuRe endgame, but I'm glad they're not just shoving Nuke together at the end.

It's like another poster said on the boards, the writers not only shafted the only gay couple on the show at the expense of a less developed and popular straight couple, but found a way so that they didn't have to put Luke with either Reid or Noah. In the end Luke chose Reid, but we lost him, so Luke ends up with no one and both Reid and Noah fans end up disappointed.

I just will never be able to wrap my head around this decision the writers made. I'm just remembering Luke and Reid happy and together and not dwelling on the way it ended.

#8   2010/09/11 12:46PM
    Buffyfan428

This LuRe fanvid has made it easier for me to cope. Maybe it will help some of you! The song is perfect for Luke and Reid and utilizes clips from most of my favorite moments with the two:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=psjY5bxDTtw

#9   2010/09/12 06:48PM
    Juju4MM

It was truly sad the day that Reid died I cried myself. I think they could have done that different. It was just to sad for the ending of this show.

#10   2010/09/15 11:03AM
    Dewlanna

Thanks Buffy. I had brought myself back around by virtue of wanting to see the acting and the farewell between these two people that I love so much. But since my DVR didn't record it (God's way of telling me I couldn't handle it maybe?), I'll have to hit YouTube. And pray for strength.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list