List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: If I hear one more person say...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

If I hear one more person say...

Started by Buffyfan428 at 2010/09/08 02:55PM
    Latest post: 2010/09/20 01:43PM, Views: 3056, Replies: 29
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2010/09/09 09:03PM
    Re: If I hear one more person say...
    Buffyfan428

Quote Keeping It Real Too:

I understand how you feel about Reid's service, however, I have to in part respectfully disagree with you. Yes they should have had a better container for his ashes, but the fact that it was just a small intimate service seemed right. The only person I thought should have been there who wasn't was Katie. Otherwise most of the people in town did not understand or truely care about Reid until this week. If they had been at his service it would have seemed fake and as a disservice to Reid. I found the small intimate service to be very moving and I had tears rolling down my checks as I watched it.

You know, I was watching old episodes of Luke and Reid (as part of my therapy for coping with the loss of Reid), and I was watching the episode where Holden ditched Molly on their wedding day. Reid said something to Luke that made me think of what you said and realize you are absolutely right. He was complaining about weddings and Luke asked if he believed in love and he replied, "I don't believe in ceremony".

You're so right about the small service. Reid wouldn't have wanted a big funeral, and having the Hughes and a bunch of other people there would have been disingenuous. I agree I think Katie should have and would have liked to be there-- but without Chris.

Actually looking back at those episodes there are a lot of things said by Reid and other characters that are depressingly indicative of Reid's fate. Although, watching Reid and Luke when he was alive and they were new and in love did temporarily take my mind off of being so sad! Of course once I stopped the sadness seeped back in, but today was definitely better than yesterday (I was a total mess yesterday).

#12   2010/09/10 03:50AM
    Keeping It R...

Quote Buffyfan428:

I understand how you feel about Reid's service, however, I have to in part respectfully disagree with you. Yes they should have had a better container for his ashes, but the fact that it was just a small intimate service seemed right. The only person I thought should have been there who wasn't was Katie. Otherwise most of the people in town did not understand or truely care about Reid until this week. If they had been at his service it would have seemed fake and as a disservice to Reid. I found the small intimate service to be very moving and I had tears rolling down my checks as I watched it.

You know, I was watching old episodes of Luke and Reid (as part of my therapy for coping with the loss of Reid), and I was watching the episode where Holden ditched Molly on their wedding day. Reid said something to Luke that made me think of what you said and realize you are absolutely right. He was complaining about weddings and Luke asked if he believed in love and he replied, "I don't believe in ceremony".

You're so right about the small service. Reid wouldn't have wanted a big funeral, and having the Hughes and a bunch of other people there would have been disingenuous. I agree I think Katie should have and would have liked to be there-- but without Chris.

Actually looking back at those episodes there are a lot of things said by Reid and other characters that are depressingly indicative of Reid's fate. Although, watching Reid and Luke when he was alive and they were new and in love did temporarily take my mind off of being so sad! Of course once I stopped the sadness seeped back in, but today was definitely better than yesterday (I was a total mess yesterday).

I am with you Buffyfan428. I don't know how many hours I have spent this last week watching over and over again Reid and Luke together in happier times, in an attempt to lessen my grief. It hasn't really worked. I also started seeing in their conversations all of the omens of what was coming, particularly the one in which they talked about it being better to love for a short time and endure the loss than never having had the love in the first place. Reid told Luke he had better take care of himself and then Reid goes and dies As much as I hate the basic storyline, I think I would have been able to get over the death if it had not been accompanied by so many slaps in the face (Reid and Luke never making love; Reid's last moments being focused on Chris and not his love for Luke). Maybe these all would have been cookie cutter and trite, but I think we at the very least deserved that much.

#13   2010/09/10 07:05AM
    Buffyfan428

I am with you Buffyfan428. I don't know how many hours I have spent this last week watching over and over again Reid and Luke together in happier times, in an attempt to lessen my grief. It hasn't really worked. I also started seeing in their conversations all of the omens of what was coming, particularly the one in which they talked about it being better to love for a short time and endure the loss than never having had the love in the first place. Reid told Luke he had better take care of himself and then Reid goes and dies As much as I hate the basic storyline, I think I would have been able to get over the death if it had not been accompanied by so many slaps in the face (Reid and Luke never making love; Reid's last moments being focused on Chris and not his love for Luke). Maybe these all would have been cookie cutter and trite, but I think we at the very least deserved that much.

That's my biggest issue, is that they never made love. They had to have known what they were going to do with Reid's character, and up until the whirlwind of events that occurred when Chris was admitted into the hospital, there were PLENTY of opportunities for them to make love.

I know it's more dramatic and tragic if they'd never consumated their relationship, but to me that just shows how heartless the writers are.

#14   2010/09/10 11:37AM
    Dewlanna

Oh yay! Somewhere to vent, finally!

I am so so so so mad/sad over this s/l.

It's bullcrap that they made us care so passionately (as all of us here obviously do) about Reid and Luke then just rubbed him out like he was nothing. For Chris? CHRIS???

Chris is a ho-hum boring character that has been recast over and over. Sorry, but I would have much more preferred that he just died because of his own stupidity than Reid dying.

It's sort of like the writers are giving a big "f you!" to all the fans who have rallied around LuRe.

Or...

I wonder if it was just a big fat cop-out because some people have a problem with same-sex couples. It's bullcrap that they never made love. It's bullcrap that he died when there were so many other ways to resolve (bleh) Chris's story.

I have been so upset by this that I haven't watched an episode since he was hit by the train. I haven't decided yet if I will continue with it...

#15   2010/09/10 01:19PM
    Empress14

THANK YOU. You lot have summed up exactly what I was feeling! And still am!

"Can't any of them mourn Reid genuinely without "BUT Chris is alive WHEEEEEE!"" LMAO!!!!
    Too funny. And true!!

My mom and I could not believe how insanely stupid the writers were...I mean IF the show is ending, as in FOREVER than why oh why bother with this rubbish storyline?!

Daft writers is why. Sigh.

When they killed off a fav man of mine on a Brit soap I started writing a better ending...yes we know what that's called lol but shh. haha.
    This is sad too. So sad. And pointless and I am tired of all the disrespect his death is getting.

#16   2010/09/10 01:20PM
    Peteena

Quote Dewlanna: Oh yay! Somewhere to vent, finally!

I am so so so so mad/sad over this s/l.

It's bullcrap that they made us care so passionately (as all of us here obviously do) about Reid and Luke then just rubbed him out like he was nothing. For Chris? CHRIS???

Chris is a ho-hum boring character that has been recast over and over. Sorry, but I would have much more preferred that he just died because of his own stupidity than Reid dying.

It's sort of like the writers are giving a big "f you!" to all the fans who have rallied around LuRe.

Or...

I wonder if it was just a big fat cop-out because some people have a problem with same-sex couples. It's bullcrap that they never made love. It's bullcrap that he died when there were so many other ways to resolve (bleh) Chris's story.

I have been so upset by this that I haven't watched an episode since he was hit by the train. I haven't decided yet if I will continue with it...

Nice rant, Dewlanna! I agree with much of what you said, especially about Chris (what a waste of a birthright character and of precious screen time in the last weeks).

To think that the writers would go to so much trouble over such a forced and annoying couple (Chris and Katie) at the expense of such an interesting and popular couple (Luke and Reid) does, to me, smack of selling out to the homophobes in the audience. They had an opportunity to do something brave with Luke and Reid but they copped out. And why, exactly? The show is going off the air anyway, why not make a splash and let the boys be happy? So sad.

#17   2010/09/10 01:20PM
    Empress14

Also need to add....ONE character I actually liked on ATWT in ages and ages and they do this?! Why am I not surprised....they always kill off non lame-o cool people and long live the soppy sappy snoozefest dorks. As per.

#18   2010/09/12 08:52PM
    musicandpassion

Just wondering-----now that Reid's ashes have been dumped into the pond, will the Snyder clan still swim there????

#19   2010/09/13 03:52PM
    tsteph1012

I felt just as bad about the writers killing off Reid as I did a few years ago when they killed off Jennifer. What for? It seems kind of sadistic if you ask me. Jennifer's death left her little boy motherless, and Reid's leaves Luke alone. Of all the people who deserved to be happy it is Luke. And as many times as James came back from the dead, why not Jen?

#20   2010/09/14 08:19AM
    Spaceroy

Doogey ain't even a pimple on Reids as@, and Luke was truley unworthey of Reids affection, that spoiled brat doesn't even deserve Noah for Gods sake.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/09/14 08:22AM
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list