List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Maybe it's just me, but why couldn't Chris die?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Maybe it's just me, but why couldn't Chris die?

Started by EVSCNB at 2010/09/08 02:50PM
    Latest post: 2010/09/11 05:00PM, Views: 621, Replies: 6
    page:
    #1   2010/09/08 02:50PM
    Maybe it's just me, but why couldn't Chris die?
    EVSCNB

I mean it was his fault that things got as bad as they did. He could have received treatment sooner and possibly saved his heart. But nooooooooooooo, dumb ass has to keep it secret until he falls out literally. What type of person is that to be in charge of a hospital? To be responsible for the care of others when he can't even take care of himself? I am so upset that Reid is gone. ATWT is leaving on a sucky note.

#2   2010/09/08 03:00PM
    Re: Maybe it's just me, but why couldn't Chris die?
    Buffyfan428

Quote EVSCNB: I mean it was his fault that things got as bad as they did. He could have received treatment sooner and possibly saved his heart. But nooooooooooooo, dumb ass has to keep it secret until he falls out literally. What type of person is that to be in charge of a hospital? To be responsible for the care of others when he can't even take care of himself? I am so upset that Reid is gone. ATWT is leaving on a sucky note.

It's not just you AT ALL.

I couldn't stand NuChris since the day he came back to Oakdale, now I can't even look out him without feel seething resentment-- the whole Hughes family for that matter.

I can't stand how NOW all of them are singing Reid's praises, and how he was such a great man. With the exception of Bob (and Allison KIND OF) None of them knew him, tried to get to know him, or really cared one way or another about him. And Kim was on his case literally up until the last moment, accusing him of being happy Chris was sick so he'd get the CoS position.

I just feel terrible for Luke. He's going to have to live not only with losing Reid, but at such a tender place in their relationship (a mutual profession of love) where he'll constantly be thinking of all the things they didn't get to do together.

Damn these writers, that's all I've got to say.

#3   2010/09/08 04:12PM
    Peteena

Quote EVSCNB: I mean it was his fault that things got as bad as they did. He could have received treatment sooner and possibly saved his heart. But nooooooooooooo, dumb ass has to keep it secret until he falls out literally. What type of person is that to be in charge of a hospital? To be responsible for the care of others when he can't even take care of himself? I am so upset that Reid is gone. ATWT is leaving on a sucky note.

You're so right, what an irresponsible twit! Too proud to tell anyone he's sick - too proud to admit he's too proud to tell anyone he's sick - nooooooooooooooo he has to pretend he's concerned about them and doesn't want anyone to worry. So he let's it go to the point where the only option is a heart transplant, and when Reid goes to try and get him a heart Reid gets killed. His selfishness killed a good man and a great doctor - how many people won't be helped by Reid now? If I were Chris, I'd be pretty racked with guilt over that one. To the point where I'd, oh I don't know - rip that heart right out of my chest and demand that it be given to someone who isn't a useless idiot, maybe?

#4   2010/09/08 07:14PM
    HalfEvil

I like Daniel Cosgrove but his character on this show is lame as hell. Poor guy every soap he goes to gets canceled. Where will he turn up next? OLTL or DOOL?

#5   2010/09/09 08:25AM
    miss dustymc...

Not only didn't he LISTEN to Reids advice but now has his heart. And is whinning everytime I breath I have to think of Reid. What an ungrateful guy!
    man I don't even have his heart & everytime I breath I think of Reid
    well just joking folks

#6   2010/09/11 03:16PM
    Talliaj

Definietly! The writers should have killed off Chris who is one of the dopiest characters. How a doctor, who has had this "virus" before failed to do anything he was supposed to do to take care of himself gets to live, and the show's most brilliant character dies is ridiculous. If the writers just felt that they could not kill off Chris (and I don't see why not) they should have given him his grandmother's heart or killed off some other lame character like Cassey or Blackie, etc.
    How it is that all the straight characters get a happy ending and the show's best couple - Reid and Luke do not is ridiculous. Chris is far too stupid to be chief of staff. how can he make decisions about the hospital when he can't even make the right decisions regarding his own health. Is this really the person you would want to run a hospital? Let's face it, Reid was born with more sense than Chris will ever have: and he should have been chief of staff and ended the show starting his life with Luke. Is it any wonder Bob always treated Reid like a son? He knew his own biological son was an idiot!!
    The writers completely destroyed this show and the ending with Reid dying was beyond tragic. There were too many characters that they could have killed off if they just had to kill someone. Chris definietly should have been the one to go. Poor Katie having to end the show with this idiot. They couldn't have brought back a past love for her, someone with better sense.
    In the end, this was a terrible way to treat a brilliant character!

#7   2010/09/11 05:00PM
    Buffyfan428

Quote Talliaj: Definietly! The writers should have killed off Chris who is one of the dopiest characters. How a doctor, who has had this "virus" before failed to do anything he was supposed to do to take care of himself gets to live, and the show's most brilliant character dies is ridiculous. If the writers just felt that they could not kill off Chris (and I don't see why not) they should have given him his grandmother's heart or killed off some other lame character like Cassey or Blackie, etc.
    How it is that all the straight characters get a happy ending and the show's best couple - Reid and Luke do not is ridiculous. Chris is far too stupid to be chief of staff. how can he make decisions about the hospital when he can't even make the right decisions regarding his own health. Is this really the person you would want to run a hospital? Let's face it, Reid was born with more sense than Chris will ever have: and he should have been chief of staff and ended the show starting his life with Luke. Is it any wonder Bob always treated Reid like a son? He knew his own biological son was an idiot!!
    The writers completely destroyed this show and the ending with Reid dying was beyond tragic. There were too many characters that they could have killed off if they just had to kill someone. Chris definietly should have been the one to go. Poor Katie having to end the show with this idiot. They couldn't have brought back a past love for her, someone with better sense.
    In the end, this was a terrible way to treat a brilliant character!

Talliaj, I COMPLETELY agree with everything you said, especially how in the end Chris gets the Chief of Staff position by default in the way of his competition died, and he himself is almost directly responsible for Reid's death. It's just sickening.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list