List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Did LuRe ever make love? Or even have a real date?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Did LuRe ever make love? Or even have a real date?

Started by OwenOrestes at 2010/09/08 12:14PM
    Latest post: 2010/09/09 11:18AM, Views: 623, Replies: 5
    page:
    #1   2010/09/08 12:14PM
    Did LuRe ever make love? Or even have a real date?
    OwenOrestes

:~ I might have missed something (and if so, I apologize), but from the episodes I've seen Luke and Reid never had a date or made love. They were always close to being intimate, but got interrupted each time. I thought that at least once they would show the two either starting to make love, or finishing (as they did with Luke and Noah). I'm really puzzled. How come the other couples all make love right away, but months into the storyline poor LuRe are still celibate? And how am I supposed to feel the impact of Reid's death on Luke, when the two just barely had a relationship? So disappointing. Again, if I missed an episode or two I apologize. Missing Reid!!!!

#2   2010/09/08 12:21PM
    Re: Did LuRe ever make love? Or even have a real date?
    Buffyfan428

Quote OwenOrestes: I might have missed something (and if so, I apologize), but from the episodes I've seen Luke and Reid never had a date or made love. They were always close to being intimate, but got interrupted each time. I thought that at least once they would show the two either starting to make love, or finishing (as they did with Luke and Noah). I'm really puzzled. How come the other couples all make love right away, but months into the storyline poor LuRe are still celibate? And how am I supposed to feel the impact of Reid's death on Luke, when the two just barely had a relationship? So disappointing. Again, if I missed an episode or two I apologize. Missing Reid!!!!

They definitely had some dates (always off-screen), but never made love. That makes this ending that much more tragic.

#3   2010/09/08 07:56PM
    Keeping It R...

Quote Buffyfan428:
    Quote OwenOrestes: I might have missed something (and if so, I apologize), but from the episodes I've seen Luke and Reid never had a date or made love. They were always close to being intimate, but got interrupted each time. I thought that at least once they would show the two either starting to make love, or finishing (as they did with Luke and Noah). I'm really puzzled. How come the other couples all make love right away, but months into the storyline poor LuRe are still celibate? And how am I supposed to feel the impact of Reid's death on Luke, when the two just barely had a relationship? So disappointing. Again, if I missed an episode or two I apologize. Missing Reid!!!!

They definitely had some dates (always off-screen), but never made love. That makes this ending that much more tragic.

Buffyfan428 is correct. Luke and Reid had several "dates" depending on how you define that term- Holden & Molly's almost wedding; celebration at Metro after the meeting with the Labor Union representative and numerous times at java. However, they never made love on or off screen because we all know gay couples take years to do that. Remember how long it was before Luke and Noah finally made love (I think it was about a year and even that was totally off screen). I guess daytime tv is just not ready for a real love relationship (either on or off screen)between characters that happen to be gay!

#4   2010/09/09 07:33AM
    KatStevens

I'm not sure if the episode in the bar with the mechanical bull was actually a 'date', but it's a favorite in my mind. In my mind, Luke & Reid allowed their relationship to develop on a more solid base than most of the hetro couples who wind up in bed within a week. They had a connection at the 'heart & soul' level that transcends the physical, IMO. At least that's the way I choose to think of it. I've posted this before, but the actors have done a splendid job in portraying these two characters!

#5   2010/09/09 10:24AM
    Keeping It R...

Quote KatStevens: I'm not sure if the episode in the bar with the mechanical bull was actually a 'date', but it's a favorite in my mind. In my mind, Luke & Reid allowed their relationship to develop on a more solid base than most of the hetro couples who wind up in bed within a week. They had a connection at the 'heart & soul' level that transcends the physical, IMO. At least that's the way I choose to think of it. I've posted this before, but the actors have done a splendid job in portraying these two characters!

While I would have liked for them to have eventually made love, I do agree with you somewhat. I think because gay couples do not get to make love they do tend to have a lot more romance to their relationships. They also have to work harder to convey what they are feeling because they don't go all out. This way we get a lot more of the gentle caresses and the tender looks. In some ways it is better but being greedy I would really like to have it all

#6   2010/09/09 11:18AM
    nonniepat

Quote KatStevens: I'm not sure if the episode in the bar with the mechanical bull was actually a 'date', but it's a favorite in my mind. In my mind, Luke & Reid allowed their relationship to develop on a more solid base than most of the hetro couples who wind up in bed within a week. They had a connection at the 'heart & soul' level that transcends the physical, IMO. At least that's the way I choose to think of it. I've posted this before, but the actors have done a splendid job in portraying these two characters!

I agree with you on the 'heart and soul' level Kat. I too think that they had a deep abiding love that transcended actually having sex. Would they have had it eventually? I'm sure but I remember at the Holden/Molly wedding fiasco when Luke and Reid went to clear out the bridal suite Reid agreed to give Luke a "little" more time to shift gears as Reid put it. Then at the whacky "date" night where they went to Metro and the whole Chris illness was getting started at the end of the night when Reid walked Luke to the door (that sweetest thing in my eyes cause hardly anybody does that anymore) Luke invited Reid in and Reid bowed out saying that Luke got his "time" to go slow.

I think they were going "slow". IMHO people, gay or straight are so quick to jump in the sack together and half the time it never lasts. Reid and Luke had a love that I think would have lasted a lifetime because they were taking their time, spoke words of love to the other long before the sex and actually couldn't get enough of each other; being with each other that is. Luke spent more time at the hosptial then his own home and that was because of Reid. Reid found and soon adapted to the Snyder house and was over there on more than one occassion and even just "showed up" without calling; even though during the period after Reid quit his job for Luke and Luke found out about it and kept calling and calling and then just showed up and Reid teased him about it.

Point is the "Love" is what's important, IMHO, and that's what I will take from their beautiful love story that it was a love story and I for one don't think whether they did or didn't "make love" is important the important part is their love for one another and that's forever. Luke will always love Reid and Reid died loving Luke.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list