List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: REID'S LAST SCENE... SO LAME, I COULD CRY!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

REID'S LAST SCENE... SO LAME, I COULD CRY!!!

Started by Jubi_Li at 2010/09/07 06:26PM
    Latest post: 2010/09/08 03:50PM, Views: 641, Replies: 4
    page:
    #1   2010/09/07 06:26PM
    REID'S LAST SCENE... SO LAME, I COULD CRY!!!
    Jubi_Li

Is it just me, of Reid/Luke last scene was horrible! I mean, if they absolutely had to kill his character, there is so much more they could have done with Luke and Reid last goodbye.

It was like a business transaction, as though Reid's sole concern was the harvest of his heart..

I would have loved for Reid to profess his love for Luke one last time like "I will always love you and be with you idiot, stop crying" or somethin like that.

and the way the Hughes family was pushing on Luke to let go-RIGHT-THIS-MINUTE of the man he loved.. the whole thing, and the way it was done, was so selfish, and once again, horrible.

I am so pissed right now at this story line. Props to Van Hansis for injecting some emotions in that scene, with what the writers gave him, its amazing.

E.S. Stevens could have given us so much more as Reid Oliver.. the whole thing is just too sad.

TWO THUMBS DOWN !

I'll hang on to these two actors amazing scenes together on youtube.

#2   2010/09/08 07:41AM
    Re: REID'S LAST SCENE... SO LAME, I COULD CRY!!!
    jj1234

Thank goodness someone said this!!! It was beyond rushed and insensitive! There was no fight to keep him alive or concern for doing so. It was "Oh he was hit by a train...it's over...he's gonna die...so can we get his heart?" I know the show is ending but for real? That's all the story gets? We spent days watching everyone stand around and cry because Chris was sick but when someone actually dies we get 10 minutes of rushed storyline. And I am not one to critique acting skills and I think the actors involved are very talented but the just didn't seem to be trying. The only person giving it any emotion was Luke (and Katie after she found out). John just seemed over it and annoyed and Tom was just a pushy a$$. I just think it could have been done way better. And ever since I read that Reid was going to die I have been waiting to see it play out because I knew it would be done so well and it would be a very emotional scene....I was wrong! I felt it from Luke but they didn't even give him enough time to really play it out. It could have been better and I'm very disappointed. All they did was make it about Chris like the character of Reid didn't mean anything.

#3   2010/09/08 01:28PM
    Barb G

Jubi_Li and jj1234: I LOVED both of your comments...they were both so true. The following is part of a comment I posted under another thread. I think this part applies to this topic also:

They just kept pushing Luke to say good-bye to Reid, to sign the power of attorney so that Chris could get his heart! Was it just me, or did John and Bob seem cold, harsh and impatient with Luke? Even before they found out that Reid wanted his heart to go to Chris. It was like he was just a nuisance in the room that should just be quiet and go away! That coldness really stunned me!!! They were being heartless towards Luke and his shock at losing the love of his life...Reid.

And yes, Reid went much too soon! Talk about being rushed!!! They have been running through storylines at a feverish pace lately, like they didn't realize that the show was ending next Friday!!! They've had over a year to prepare for the end of the show. They just weren't very prepared in my opinion!!!

Yes, it was hard for Reid to speak, but Luke should have been given more time to say good-bye...to talk to him...to tell him just how much he loved him.

But the crueliest deed the writers did was to have Reid die while Luke was kissing him good-bye!!! At least they should have let that last kiss happen while Reid was alive and responsive and have Reid look into Luke's eyes one last time before he died. The one scene that shouldn't have been hurried through, that should have lingered just a little while, was portrayed like "okay, Luke kissed him so he can die now"!!! That's how I felt watching it...way too rushed... That should have been the one scene that will always be in the viewers minds as a tragic end with a beautiful good-bye between two beautiful people.........

#4   2010/09/08 02:05PM
    SweetOnBilly

well i guess this is the situation where for each is own because I for one thought the scene was not lame and it touched my heart. Reid being the cold hearted grouchy person that he was made me cry I say it was a good job by both the actors.

#5   2010/09/08 03:50PM
    Keeping It R...

Quote jj1234: Thank goodness someone said this!!! It was beyond rushed and insensitive! There was no fight to keep him alive or concern for doing so. It was "Oh he was hit by a train...it's over...he's gonna die...so can we get his heart?" I know the show is ending but for real? That's all the story gets? We spent days watching everyone stand around and cry because Chris was sick but when someone actually dies we get 10 minutes of rushed storyline. And I am not one to critique acting skills and I think the actors involved are very talented but the just didn't seem to be trying. The only person giving it any emotion was Luke (and Katie after she found out). John just seemed over it and annoyed and Tom was just a pushy a$$. I just think it could have been done way better. And ever since I read that Reid was going to die I have been waiting to see it play out because I knew it would be done so well and it would be a very emotional scene....I was wrong! I felt it from Luke but they didn't even give him enough time to really play it out. It could have been better and I'm very disappointed. All they did was make it about Chris like the character of Reid didn't mean anything.

That is the second biggest problem with this storyline. The first problem being that they killed Reid in the first place. The second being that Reid's death was not even the focus of that episode or that Reid and Luke were not the focus of the dying scene. Even that was all about Chris. If they were going to take Reid from us, couldn't they have been more respectful of the Luke and Reid fans and given us a fitting good-bye to their love story. Instead Luke and Reid were more of a necessary evil to finish out the story line for Chris. It felt very much like a slap in the face to me!

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list