List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Van was fantastic!!!!!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Van was fantastic!!!!!!!

Started by Keeping It Real Too at 2010/09/07 04:26PM
    Latest post: 2010/09/09 04:15PM, Views: 663, Replies: 8
    page:
    #1   2010/09/07 04:26PM
    Van was fantastic!!!!!!!
    Keeping It R...

Although I hate the storyline with Reid dying, I have to say that Van did a fantastic job of portraying Luke and all of the emotions he went through. I have never seen Luke be so strong and also so vulnerable. His performance really moved me to the heart. I am sure tomorrow will be equally as moving.

#2   2010/09/07 04:43PM
    Re: Van was fantastic!!!!!!!
    Earthmom

Quote Keeping It Real Too: Although I hate the storyline with Reid dying, I have to say that Van did a fantastic job of portraying Luke and all of the emotions he went through. I have never seen Luke be so strong and also so vulnerable. His performance really moved me to the heart. I am sure tomorrow will be equally as moving.

You are so right! Van was outstanding today. I think I see an Emmy in his future....for sure. He tore my heart out.

#3   2010/09/07 05:33PM
    soapsrfun

I agree; he was fantastic.

#4   2010/09/07 06:15PM
    Barb G

Quote Earthmom:
    Quote Keeping It Real Too: Although I hate the storyline with Reid dying, I have to say that Van did a fantastic job of portraying Luke and all of the emotions he went through. I have never seen Luke be so strong and also so vulnerable. His performance really moved me to the heart. I am sure tomorrow will be equally as moving.

You are so right! Van was outstanding today. I think I see an Emmy in his future....for sure. He tore my heart out.

My heart also!!! And you're so right, he deserves an Emmy and has for years!!! This should seal the deal! He's been nominated before and didn't win, which was a travesty in itself!

An Emmy is also deserving of Eric! His portrayal of Reid these past nine (way too short!) months has been beyond words! His range of emotions was off the chart!!!

Kudos to Van and Eric along with a big THANK YOU for their outstanding performances of a lifetime...

#5   2010/09/08 04:14PM
    Peteena

He has really grown up on this show - both the character and the actor. Fantastic work, I hope he goes on to have a wonderful career.

#6   2010/09/09 09:40AM
    nonniepat

Van's performance better win him the Emmy. He sure deserves it. He has always played Luke well, IMHO but the last few weeks and the last few days OMG the depth of pain he is bringing Luke through is remarkable. From the tears to the tortured words to the blank lifeless eyes that say so much.

Great job Van! I hope you have a long and wonderful career. You are a terrific actor and you've grown so much over the years and you've grown up Luke too. I can't wait for his feature film Occupant to come out.

Great job to Eric too! He made Reid's death so moving and so realistic that I actually forgot he was acting and that Eric himself is doing fine.

#7   2010/09/09 09:57AM
    calliope

Van did a wonderful job. Just his facial expressions alone conveyed every pain, every hurt he was feeling.

#8   2010/09/09 12:04PM
    Vdalem

When he joked that he was surprised that he had a heart it made me lose it. Even making a joke while dying showed that he was human after alll. He did a wonderful job!!

#9   2010/09/09 04:15PM
    Keeping It R...

The verdict is in. Van more than sustained the high intensity of his performance for the entire three days!!!!! When he got angry at Reid today for trying to out run the train instead of waiting for the 30 seconds for the train to go by, it was so moving yet also so realisitic. I loved that entire scene...his regret for never making love to Reid; his anger at Reid; his more or less stating that he would rather have his partner alive than the memory of a "hero". What a rollercoaster of emotions!

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list