List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Are we going to miss an episode?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Are we going to miss an episode?

Started by Earthmom at 2010/09/07 02:07PM
    Latest post: 2010/09/10 04:26PM, Views: 817, Replies: 6
    page:
    #1   2010/09/07 02:07PM
    Are we going to miss an episode?
    Earthmom

I asked this on a different thread...and, saw that someone else did, too. I'm a little confused by the spoilers page. Everything listed on Tuesday's spoilers was actually shown at the end, indicating what would happen tomorrow, on Wednesday. None of it happened today.

Was this just an error? CBS is also pre-empting the show on Friday. Was this taken into account at the time of deciding the 'last air date'?

Are they going to skip an episode? Are they going to show one at 2am some night instead of the regular time?

I would really love to know the answer. I cannot tell by the announcement in the news room section. There was no assurance that we would see all of the remaining episodes. It just isn't clear to me.

#2   2010/09/07 05:38PM
    Re: Are we going to miss an episode?
    soapsrfun

I was wondering that myself. At first wasn't just the Friday episode going to be pre-empted? Anyway, I would like the answer to this question as well. And if we will miss an episode will we be able to see it on the web?

#3   2010/09/07 06:15PM
    misspriss68

%( I read spoilers for Y & R and B & B on a different sight and it said that Friday was going to be pre-empted for the US Open. So I don't know if that means ATWT will be also or not. Maybe it was a misprint, if we are missing a show that's so wrong to do to us!!!!

#4   2010/09/08 01:53PM
    ONELIFEandGH

Networks plan their schedules far in advance. Not only that, but CBS doesn't show any of their soaps the Friday after Labor Day every year. I doubt we'll miss anything.

#5   2010/09/10 06:30AM
    Earthmom

Quote ONELIFEandGH: Networks plan their schedules far in advance. Not only that, but CBS doesn't show any of their soaps the Friday after Labor Day every year. I doubt we'll miss anything.

Thanks so much for your info. I feel safe now that we aren't going to miss seeing any of the final episodes.

Since I see (by your avi) that you watch other network soaps, can you tell me if there is another one out there even remotely like ATWT? B&B and Y&R are just awful. I'd like to know if there's another soap with a few characters that admirable. Oh, and not one that the writers from GL and ATWT are moving to....they are the kiss of death. I don't want to watch one that will be ending as soon as I learn the characters.

#6   2010/09/10 02:12PM
    ONELIFEandGH

Quote Earthmom:
    Quote ONELIFEandGH: Networks plan their schedules far in advance. Not only that, but CBS doesn't show any of their soaps the Friday after Labor Day every year. I doubt we'll miss anything.

Thanks so much for your info. I feel safe now that we aren't going to miss seeing any of the final episodes.

Since I see (by your avi) that you watch other network soaps, can you tell me if there is another one out there even remotely like ATWT? B&B and Y&R are just awful. I'd like to know if there's another soap with a few characters that admirable. Oh, and not one that the writers from GL and ATWT are moving to....they are the kiss of death. I don't want to watch one that will be ending as soon as I learn the characters.

You're quite welcome.

To answer your other question, all I can say is all the soaps are different in their own way, but OLTL is the only one I watch now aside from ATWT. A lot of people have been down on it lately, but I have never gotten bored watching it. It is really good, and I would recommend it.

#7   2010/09/10 04:26PM
    Earthmom

Quote ONELIFEandGH:
    Quote Earthmom:

You're quite welcome.

To answer your other question, all I can say is all the soaps are different in their own way, but OLTL is the only one I watch now aside from ATWT. A lot of people have been down on it lately, but I have never gotten bored watching it. It is really good, and I would recommend it.

Thanks! I'll check it out!

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list