List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: I didn't cry today I sobbed

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

I didn't cry today I sobbed

Started by soapsrfun at 2010/09/07 11:58AM
    Latest post: 2010/09/08 03:03PM, Views: 1335, Replies: 15
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2010/09/08 08:54AM
    Re: I didn't cry today I sobbed
    calliope

Reminded me why we loved to John Dixon so! Loved to hate him!!

#12   2010/09/08 10:01AM
    nonniepat

John was insensitive when he blurted out what no donor heart when they brought Reid in but Tom as not insenstive, IMHO.

Tom was called in by Reid for his lawyer duty. Reid only had a small window of time and Tom knew that. Tom needed, legally, to be perfectly clear about what Reid wanted from naming Luke his power of attorney to Reid's specific desire to give his heart to Chris and Reid knew it had to be tested but as a doctor Reid also knew time was of the essence and knew he was running out of time.

After he passed Tom was still the laywer. It wasn't so much that he was pushing for the heart because Chris is his brother but Reid asked him as a lawyer to handle things and as a lawyer Tom had to help a destraught Luke realize, along with Dr. Bob and Dr. John's comment about Reid being brain dead, that time was of the essence on the legal end to get the heart to the hosptial in John's care as the physican and to get the tissue sample of Reid's heart before the heart was too long working on the life support machine keeping it going even though Reid was officially dead.

I don't see that Tom was insensitive at all but knowing Luke as he did was very gentle and Margo too in bringing Luke around to take care of the legal paperwork necessary to make Reid's gracious gift possible for Chris to get his heart.

I also don't see how Luke was being neglected. Even Luke was insisting that this work and that Reid's (and his) sacrifice not be in vain but that the heart will be a match, and it is, and work in Chris.

Katie comforting Luke the most is right as she alone knows the extent of Luke and Reid's feelings for one another and knew Reid was in love with Luke long before Reid was able to say and share the words with Luke. Katie also knows the unique position that Luke is in right now. Though he and Reid were not married they were partners and serious about one another and Katie understands the loss of a spouse. Reid may not be Luke's spouse legally but emotionally I believe he was and Luke is grieving him now not just as his one true forever love but as his life partner, spouse.

The previews shows just how much the others are thinking of Luke. From Allison going to Noah and telling him about Reid and that Luke needs him to (I think it was him) John Dixon calling Lucinda to tell Luke's family; hence Lucinda coming to Lily and Holden to tell them. Lily's attitude at the news (and we'll see more today) was I think her reaction to her mother and not that fact that her son just suffered a major loss in his life.

Don't worry they'll all be there for Luke. He's not alone. And as fans he also has us watching and hopeing for the best for him, corny I know but hey we are watching and I for one can't get enough no matter how messed up seeing all this makes me.

#13   2010/09/08 11:01AM
    Dewlanna

Tuesday's episode is sitting on my DVR.

I don't know if I can watch it.

So upset about this crappy crappy development. They torpedoed the best couple on the show.

#14   2010/09/08 01:35PM
    Barb G

Quote Keeping It Real Too:
    Quote Extra1: Well, ATWT just ruined the whole ending for me. I loved Reid, and now they are all just seeming to ignore poor grief-stricken Luke. They all clutter together, and Luke is left alone..except for Katie. She comes and holds him and cries with him. Kim sometimes gets on my nerves. Miss "Perfecty Perfect" is realizing that she spoke unnecessiarly harsh to Reid. I am just upset that they ended this sweet love between Luke and Reid by having Reid killed by a train of all things!!!!!!!

I had the same thought about everyone ignoring Luke. Here he is out of the blue having to say good-bye forever to the love of his life and everyone around him is just saying hurry up and pull the plug! And let's talk about a conflict of interest!!!!! Luke and Reid couldn't even date while Luke was on the Board and Reid worked at the hospital, yet all of Chris' relative are telling Luke to pull the plug ten minutes after Reid is brought into the hospital so that they can take his heart and save their loved one. On one level it was very sickening to watch.

I also agree with you both. Here is part of a comment I made on another thread. I think it's also appropriate here:

They just kept pushing Luke to say good-bye to Reid, to sign the power of attorney so that Chris could get his heart! Was it just me, or did John and Bob seem cold, harsh and impatient with Luke? Even before they found out that Reid wanted his heart to go to Chris. It was like he was just a nuisance in the room that should just be quiet and go away! That coldness really stunned me!!! They were being heartless towards Luke and his shock at losing the love of his life...Reid.

And yes, Reid went much too soon! Talk about being rushed!!! They have been running through storylines at a feverish pace lately, like they didn't realize that the show was ending next Friday!!! They've had over a year to prepare for the end of the show. They just weren't very prepared in my opinion!!!

Yes, it was hard for Reid to speak, but Luke should have been given more time to say good-bye...to talk to him...to tell him just how much he loved him.

But the crueliest deed the writers did was to have Reid die while Luke was kissing him good-bye!!! At least they should have let that last kiss happen while Reid was alive and responsive and have Reid look into Luke's eyes one last time before he died. The one scene that shouldn't have been hurried through, that should have lingered just a little while, was portrayed like "okay, Luke kissed him so he can die now"!!! That's how I felt watching it...way too rushed... That should have been the one scene that will always be in the viewers minds as a tragic end with a beautiful good-bye between two beautiful people.........

#15   2010/09/08 01:39PM
    calliope

Quote Dewlanna: Tuesday's episode is sitting on my DVR.

I don't know if I can watch it.

So upset about this crappy crappy development. They torpedoed the best couple on the show.

Oh, you have to watch it! If you liked them as a couple you will want to see the end. Anyway....everyone needs a good cry once in a while!

#16   2010/09/08 03:03PM
    LuvingGH

Quote dmdayslover: I was sobbing to my daughter said mommy I have never seen you cry so much before are you okay? I hate they killed Reid.

Newbie to the show, I hate that they killed Reid off too. my tears were flowing so hard, my husband just looked at me and shook his head. (he thinks I'm nutts) this show has had me crying for 2 consecutive days, now I have these big bags under my eyes..

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list