List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Luke and Reid Alternate Ending

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Luke and Reid Alternate Ending

Started by Keeping It Real Too at 2010/09/06 06:51PM
    Latest post: 2010/09/13 04:28AM, Views: 3048, Replies: 23
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2010/09/11 07:33AM
    Re: Luke and Reid Alternate Ending
    Keeping It R...

I want to thank everyone who has added to this topic. After a lot of hard work, thinking and reading the visions of others, I have finally (more or less) come to terms with my anger and grief regarding Luke and Reid. I can not and will not accept the storyline the writers gave us, as they gave it to us. In my mind Luke and Reid did have their happily ever after. They stayed committed to each other and were married. They raised children together and though they had their ups and downs as every couple does, they were always strong and steadfast in their love and passion for one another. When they did die after many, many years together, they were each cremated and put in the Snyder pond where they spent eternity together and kept watch over their heirs and loved ones. Trite maybe, but in my mind and heart a lovely and lasting picture to keep with me.

Thank all of you who helped me to get to this place and finally find some peace. I have greatly enjoyed sharing our views, grief and love for these individuals.

#12   2010/09/11 09:28AM
    Barb G

Quote Keeping It Real Too: I want to thank everyone who has added to this topic. After a lot of hard work, thinking and reading the visions of others, I have finally (more or less) come to terms with my anger and grief regarding Luke and Reid. I can not and will not accept the storyline the writers gave us, as they gave it to us. In my mind Luke and Reid did have their happily ever after. They stayed committed to each other and were married. They raised children together and though they had their ups and downs as every couple does, they were always strong and steadfast in their love and passion for one another. When they did die after many, many years together, they were each cremated and put in the Snyder pond where they spent eternity together and kept watch over their heirs and loved ones. Trite maybe, but in my mind and heart a lovely and lasting picture to keep with me.

Thank all of you who helped me to get to this place and finally find some peace. I have greatly enjoyed sharing our views, grief and love for these individuals.

No...THANK YOU!!! You have helped ME find some peace and calm with your touching comments and beautiful writing. You have just painted the most beautiful and peaceful picture in my mind of Luke, Reid and Snyder's Pond. I can see Luke and Reid holding hands, watching the sunset go down, with their children playing around them. There is such a happy and content look on both of their faces as they glance at each other, then to their children and as they gaze into each others' eyes they tenderly whisper to each other "I love you and I always will"...that's how I feel about them both...I love them both and I always will...

#13   2010/09/11 02:40PM
    Talliaj

I love your ending. I've actually started writing an alternate story / ending for Luke and Reid because I just couldn't stand the real one. In my reality they of course end up together. The writers were totally gutless with how they handled Luke and Reid's relationship.

#14   2010/09/12 02:11AM
    Keeping It R...

Quote Barb G:
    Quote Keeping It Real Too: I want to thank everyone who has added to this topic. After a lot of hard work, thinking and reading the visions of others, I have finally (more or less) come to terms with my anger and grief regarding Luke and Reid. I can not and will not accept the storyline the writers gave us, as they gave it to us. In my mind Luke and Reid did have their happily ever after. They stayed committed to each other and were married. They raised children together and though they had their ups and downs as every couple does, they were always strong and steadfast in their love and passion for one another. When they did die after many, many years together, they were each cremated and put in the Snyder pond where they spent eternity together and kept watch over their heirs and loved ones. Trite maybe, but in my mind and heart a lovely and lasting picture to keep with me.

No...THANK YOU!!! You have helped ME find some peace and calm with your touching comments and beautiful writing. You have just painted the most beautiful and peaceful picture in my mind of Luke, Reid and Snyder's Pond. I can see Luke and Reid holding hands, watching the sunset go down, with their children playing around them. There is such a happy and content look on both of their faces as they glance at each other, then to their children and as they gaze into each others' eyes they tenderly whisper to each other "I love you and I always will"...that's how I feel about them both...I love them both and I always will...

Barb, you took my vision and made it even better. As I went to sleep I saw your vision of Luke and Reid at the pond. They were in deep discussion and having a disagreement. I couldn't make out what the topic was. All I know is, as they were having this discussion they were strolling hand in hand. At one point they stopped walking and I heard Reid telling Luke that Luke was overreacting, at which point they looked each other in the eyes and both started laughing, as they had had variations of this same discussion so many times over the years. At this point the same loving and tender look passed between them and they shared a very loving and tender kiss, before they resumed their stroll hand in hand.

#15   2010/09/12 08:27AM
    Barb G

Quote Keeping It Real Too:
    Quote Barb G:

Barb, you took my vision and made it even better. As I went to sleep I saw your vision of Luke and Reid at the pond. They were in deep discussion and having a disagreement. I couldn't make out what the topic was. All I know is, as they were having this discussion they were strolling hand in hand. At one point they stopped walking and I heard Reid telling Luke that Luke was overreacting, at which point they looked each other in the eyes and both started laughing, as they had had variations of this same discussion so many times over the years. At this point the same loving and tender look passed between them and they shared a very loving and tender kiss, before they resumed their stroll hand in hand.

That was simply beautiful!!!!! Thank you for so many happy memories I'll take with me and cherish forever!!!

This is my final post here. What ever happens this week on As The World Turns is purely incidental to me at this point. The one true love story that should have gotten their happily ever after ending did not air on the television...it will be replayed many times in my mind and I'll smile each time I return to the Snyder's Pond where my Luke and Reid will be together always...for eternity. Happy and more in love as each year passes.

I've left a part of my heart in that pond that will keep beating for them forever...for true love will always prevail between a couple so much in love...

Thank you, Luke and Reid, for sharing the greatest love story I have ever been privileged to be a part of...even if it is now only in my sweet dreams of you both...

And to my "friends" here...thank you for sharing your innermost thoughts, tears, joys and sorrows. It has been an honor to consider you my "friends"...Love and peace to all...

#16   2010/09/12 08:34AM
    sphrbabybl

i too was very upset by the Luke/ Reid ending. It really bothers me that the writers chose save Chris in that way .I really felt a connection with Luke an Reid and i do feel that because they were a gay couple they didn't plunge into an intense romantic ending like they will with the other couples.The fact is gay or not they stole our hearts.We watched Reid grow into a person who wouldn't let himself love to loving someone with his whole heart. They portraited him incapable at loving but really he had a hugh heart that most of us would love to have.!!!!! I have stayed up being angry at their fate together and have cried (and i never cry at shows) but i really wish it was different it would be nice to see them happy gay or straight. i really don't understand why people frown at a gay love. love is love period. the only thing i can hope is this is all a bad dream for one of the characters and when they wake up Reid and Luke are happy in love and more alive than ever!!!

#17   2010/09/12 01:51PM
    Buffyfan428

Here's my ending. Thinking about this instead of the dreadful writers' version makes me feel so much better:

"Reid, I don't get why you're refusing to see my point of view," Luke said, with a trace amount of frustration.
    "It's probably because I'm too distracted by how much better my idea is," Reid replied sardonically.
    "Do you ever stop being conceited?" Luke asked, gazing into his lover's eyes, half irritated and half enamored.
    "Do I ever have a reason not to be?" Reid responded, closing the gap between them, and taking Luke's hands in his.
    "You know, I'm probably the only person on the face of this earth who can tolerate you," Luke said with a coy smile.
    "I suppose you think that makes me lucky?" Reid asked. Luke pressed his lips quickly, but gently, to Reid's before gazing into his eyes again. Reid seemed to reconsider his position adding, "I guess it does help that you're hot and loaded."
    "Aw, you mean you don't love me for my brains?"
    "Show me proof that you have some and I'll get back to you on that," Reid replied with a grin. Luke freed his hands to hit Reid on the arm with a laugh. "Careful! You ruin these hands and you won't be able to brag to all your friends about how your fiancee is a brilliant neurologist."
    Luke chuckled to himself.
    "You're doing it again," Reid stated with a grin.
    "What?" Luke queried, almost beaming.
    "Smiling like a pre-pubescent child let loose in a candy store."
    "Oh," Luke realized, softening his wide grin. "It still sounds so new."
    "Really? Because you, your family and Katie have been bludgeoning me over the head with what in your warped minds are probably considered subtle hints of proposing for the past two and half years. I would have thought you'd be used to the idea by now."
    "Well, you know me. I don't do subtle," Luke replied, wrapping his arms around Reid's neck and kissing him. "But, don't think you can change the subject! We're having Italian for dinner tonight!"
    "But I want Chinese!" Reid replied, almost sounding like a complaining child.
    "We've had Chinese twice this week already. I'm putting my foot down!" Luke declared. Reid stared hard into Luke's eyes, challenging his decision, but Luke put on his best pouty, puppy-dog expression.
    "Do you honestly think that works on me?" Reid asked, his expression unchanging.
    "You tell me," Luke responded, also maintaining his pout. They stayed this way for a few more seconds, before Reid relaxed into a defeated smile.
    "You're lucky that I'm so in love with you," Reid said, kissing Luke firmly. "But don't think I changed my mind because of that ridiculous pouty face. I... wanted Italian after all."
    Luke smiled victoriously, as Reid handed him the phone.

#18   2010/09/12 03:02PM
    Barb G

Quote Buffyfan428: Here's my ending. Thinking about this instead of the dreadful writers' version makes me feel so much better:

"Reid, I don't get why you're refusing to see my point of view," Luke said, with a trace amount of frustration.
    "It's probably because I'm too distracted by how much better my idea is," Reid replied sardonically.
    "Do you ever stop being conceited?" Luke asked, gazing into his lover's eyes, half irritated and half enamored.
    "Do I ever have a reason not to be?" Reid responded, closing the gap between them, and taking Luke's hands in his.
    "You know, I'm probably the only person on the face of this earth who can tolerate you," Luke said with a coy smile.
    "I suppose you think that makes me lucky?" Reid asked. Luke pressed his lips quickly, but gently, to Reid's before gazing into his eyes again. Reid seemed to reconsider his position adding, "I guess it does help that you're hot and loaded."
    "Show me proof that you have some and I'll get back to you on that," Reid replied with a grin. Luke freed his hands to hit Reid on the arm with a laugh. "Careful! You ruin these hands and you won't be able to brag to all your friends about how your fiancee is a brilliant neurologist."
    "Really? Because you, your family and Katie have been bludgeoning me over the head with what in your warped minds are probably considered subtle hints of proposing for the past two and half years. I would have thought you'd be used to the idea by now."
    "Well, you know me. I don't do subtle," Luke replied, wrapping his arms around Reid's neck and kissing him. "But, don't think you can change the subject! We're having Italian for dinner tonight!"
    "We've had Chinese twice this week already. I'm putting my foot down!" Luke declared. Reid stared hard into Luke's eyes, challenging his decision, but Luke put on his best pouty, puppy-dog expression.
    "Do you honestly think that works on me?" Reid asked, his expression unchanging.
    "You tell me," Luke responded, also maintaining his pout. They stayed this way for a few more seconds, before Reid relaxed into a defeated smile.
    "You're lucky that I'm so in love with you," Reid said, kissing Luke firmly. "But don't think I changed my mind because of that ridiculous pouty face. I... wanted Italian after all."

Oh Sweetie...that was beautiful!!! I'll miss "talking" to you! You keep writing and I'll be watching for your posts. Good-bye...

#19   2010/09/12 04:15PM
    Keeping It R...

Quote Buffyfan428: Here's my ending. Thinking about this instead of the dreadful writers' version makes me feel so much better:

Buffy, that was GREAT!!!!! You brought tears to my eyes. I can do global ideas but not dialogue like you. Thank you, thank you, thank you. This is one I will hold onto and print out for prosperity.

#20   2010/09/12 07:32PM
    Keeping It R...

Although I think we have come up with some good alternate endings, there is a writer on lukeand reid.com under the heading of "luke and reid online" who has done a GREAT job of taking the Luke and Reid story and running with it (I don't know but you may have to register with the site to access the story). I think the story at this point has 9 chapters (I have only gotten through 7, but the writing is totally riveting. The writer has the characters down pat and incorporated the banter and wit of each of the different characters. Whats more, Reid did not die and there is an explaination being provided for what was going on. If you are a true Luke and Reid fan you owe it to yourself to go to this site and read the story, it really is absolutely GREAT!!!!!!!

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list