List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Luke and Reid Alternate Ending

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Luke and Reid Alternate Ending

Started by Keeping It Real Too at 2010/09/06 06:51PM
    Latest post: 2010/09/13 04:28AM, Views: 2914, Replies: 23
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2010/09/06 06:51PM
    Luke and Reid Alternate Ending
    Keeping It R...

Keeping It Real Too: I posted this on the "Reid Spoiler" and was asked to start a new message in order to share it with more people. This ending has given me a sense of peace and I am thankful if it can bring peace to others as well.

The night that I read the spoiler about Reid's fate I could not sleep because I was soooo upset. Over and over this show's writers have shown their homophobic nature. First by making Luke and Noah wait a year before we heard they finally had sex (Lord forbid they be shown in a somewhat intimate loving embrace or laying on a bed together!) and then killing Reid off before he and Luke ever slept together, even though they had a loving, honest and mutually supportive relationship. Meanwhile, it appears that these couples that have already been married numerous times and could not keep it together (Lily and Holden; Carly and Jack) will be reunited once again. What a crock.. there is no way I can believe they will live happily ever after, I just know we won't see the next break-up. Reid and Luke had what it took to make it to forever, like Tom and Margo or Chris and Nancy. The only way I could get over my intense anger at the treatment that Luke and Reid received, was to write an alternate ending. Here it goes...

Reid went to Bay City and got the heart for Chris (another heart also became available so the patient in Bay City also survived). Chris survived and became healthy again. Everyone got to see the other (caring) side of Reid and accept and like him for the total man that he is. Of course Reid got the job of Chief of Staff at Memorial. Noah and Luke had a long talk where Noah finally takes responsibility for his actions and the loss of Luke. Noah apologized to both Luke and Reid for his behavior and all three men become good friends. Noah went to LA and met his true soul-mate there and from the lessons he learned from his relationship with Luke, Noah was able to be a good life partner to this new guy. Luke and Reid got married and Noah gave Luke away at the ceremony. Katie and Chris got married and had two children together. Katie then acted as a surogate for Luke and Reid and gave birth to twins, a boy and a girl. The boy was a good kid and kind of a nerd. The girl was a real firecracker getting into everything and keeping Luke and Reid on their toes. Luke and Reid worked together rearing their children and though they did not always agree on everything they always acted as a mature united couple.......

This is the ending that I will choose to think about when I think of these characters as oppose to the insult the "true writers" gave us.

#2   2010/09/07 09:45AM
    Re: Luke and Reid Alternate Ending
    nonniepat

I love your "better" ending and I will remember it.

I too, who love to write, was starting a different ending before all the rumors began flying about Reid dying now I think I'll finish it.

It is not as good as yours but I took another hospital route and this time it was Luke who collasped in Olde Towne with Reid and Noah and Reid rushed his married partner to the hospital (Noah doesn't know they married). Luke's one kidney is infected and Chris and Reid and Dr. Bob fight to save Luke while having to tell Lily and Holden that they are married and Noah finding out from the hosptial staff rumors. Luke will of course survive but need a kidney transplant (I know what it sounds like but it was my idea first honest) and Luke will be insisting that they not test Damian even though Holden will have Jack and Margo get Malta to give them the results of the match test (Damian is in prison in my story). Reid, who in my story not only loves Luke unconditionally but takes care of him takes charge of Luke's negativity surrounding Damian's possible involvement in his medical crisis and the story goes from there. I have Casey and Allison staying in Oakdale and Allison is head nurse while Casey goes to law school. Chris and Katie are engaged and Reid and Luke still living at Katie's with Katie until her wedding to Chris will keep the house when Katie and Chris move into their own home. Oh and Luke has just been voted in as Chairman of the Board and there is no chief of staff but Chris and Reid run different parts of the hospital; Reid running the "cool" part with nero and radiolgy and Chris the uncool with the ER ect.

Like I said not as good as yours but as I love to write maybe I will finish the story now. A happier ending than what we'll get today.

But I love yours and it is much, much better than what I had in mind.

Thank you for a new perspective!!!
    Nonniepat

#3   2010/09/07 10:59AM
    clicquot1

I LOVE ya'lls versions and would much rather tptb took ya'lls routes INSTEAD of the drivel we were given! here's my version! It gives a shout out to QAF toward the end!

On the way to the hospital in Bay City Reid comes upon a car accident and soon finds SIMON(Katie's ex). Reid calls an ambulance and he is rushed back to Memorial(he is closer)Simon has already informed him he is an organ donor! Simon tells Katie he is sorry for everything that happened between them and he always loved her but he just wasn't good for her and that he heard that she is in love with a good man and he was tested and he is giving his heart to Chris! Simon dies giving Katie's love his heart and showing her that he really did love her all along!

Reid is made chief of staff so bob and kim can retire in Florida where Bob can golf all day and Kim can play bridge and bingo all day with her friends and the grandkids can visit!

Bob and Lucinda re-marry and move to Paris where Lucinda sells Worldwide to the guy who owns Virgin Airlines and decides to paint all day and visit museums. Maybe she will buy a cheatuea or open a winery....there are some fabulous vineyards in France, afterall!

REID discovers he has a sister he never knew about when her mom dies in a car accident and he is her only living relative! She is a 17 year-old graduating senior who wishes to study kinesology in college but doesn't have the money to go to college! Reid moves her into the new house that he bought for his "prince"(LUKE)and starts to re-decorate the new mansion! His half-sister decides to attend the University of Illinois and there she meets a nice young man named Parker!

Reid takes Luke out to eat where he has bought out the entire restraunt and even has a violinist playing for them! While eating.....REID says he is know he's being ridiculously romantic but he just can't see his life anymore without LUKE being in it and he wants Luke to be his poartner in every way even if it is not legal in their state he hopes Luke will do the honor of going to Massachusettes with him to make an honest man of him so they can spent the rest of their lives together making each other happy! Luke, with tears in his eyes says YES.....he will! One more thinmg says Reid......I bought a little house!

Four years later..........Reid's sister graduates and ask her bro and his husband if they ever considered having a baby? Luke says he LOVE to be a daddy but he doesn't think it's possible! Reid's sister offers to carry Luke's baby so the baby will be biologically related to BOTH fathers!

REID and LUKE are awaiting the birth of their son......whom they decide to name NOAH after the man who was sorta responsible for their meeting!

NOAH(the baby's namesake)lives in Hollywood where he has been living for the past two years with a very famous HOLLYWOOD actor who has been on the down low for years! When the actor was caught kissing NOAH(the actor was staring in one of Noah's big hits)he decided to give an exclusive to Ellen!

Luke decides as an investment to open a gay night club in Oakdale(the first such establishment)and names it BABYLON as a tribute to BRIAN & JUSTIN KINNEY!

The end!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/09/07 11:07AM
    #4   2010/09/07 11:06AM
    nonniepat

Quote clicquot1: I LOVE ya'lls versions and would much rather tptb took ya'lls routes INSTEAD of the drivel we were given! here's my version! It gives a shout out to QAF toward the end!

On the way to the hospital in Bay City Reid comes upon a car accident and soon finds SIMON(Katie's ex). Reid calls an ambulance and he is rushed back to Memorial(he is closer)Simon has already informed him he is an organ donor! Simon tells Katie he is sorry for everything that happened between them and he always loved her but he just wasn't good for her and that he heard that she is in love with a good man and he was tested and he is giving his heart to Chris! Simon dies giving Katie's love his heart and showing her that he really did love her all along!

Reid is made chief of staff so bob and kim can retire in Florida where Bob can golf all day and Kim can play bridge and bingo all day with her friends and the grandkids can visit!

Bob and Lucinda re-marry and move to Paris where Lucinda sells Worldwide to the guy who owns Virgin Airlines and decides to paint all day and visit museums. Maybe she will buy a cheatuea or open a winery....there are some fabulous vineyards in France, afterall!

REID discovers he has a sister he never knew about when her mom dies in a car accident and he is her only living relative! She is a 17 year-old graduating senior who wishes to study kinesology in college but doesn't have the money to go to college! Reid moves her into the new house that he bought for his "prince"(LUKE)and starts to re-decorate the new mansion! His half-sister decides to attend the University of Illinois and there she meets a nice young man named Parker!

Reid takes Luke out to eat where he has bought out the entire restraunt and even has a violinist playing for them! While eating.....REID says he is know he's being ridiculously romantic but he just can't see his life anymore without LUKE being in it and he wants Luke to be his poartner in every way even if it is not legal in their state he hopes Luke will do the honor of going to Massachusettes with him to make an honest man of him so they can spent the rest of their lives together making each other happy! Luke, with tears in his eyes says YES.....he will! One more thinmg says Reid......I bought a little house!

Four years later..........Reid's sister graduates and ask her bro and his husband if they ever considered having a baby? Luke says he LOVE to be a daddy but he doesn't think it's possible! Reid's sister offers to carry Luke's baby so the baby will be biologically related to BOTH fathers!

REID and LUKE are awaiting the birth of their son......whom they decide to name NOAH after the man who was sorta responsible for their meeting!

NOAH(the baby's namesake)lives in Hollywood where he has been living for the past two years with a very famous HOLLYWOOD actor who has been on the down low for years! When the actor was caught kissing NOAH(the actor was staring in one of Noah's big hits)he decided to give an exclusive to Ellen!

Luke decides as an investment to open a gay night club in Oakdale(the first such establishment)and names it BABYLON as a tribute to QAF!

The end!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Thanks.

#5   2010/09/07 11:52AM
    Dani_1982

I'm pretty sure Luke and Reid did sleep together it just wasn't shown like most sex scenes. I am also deeply saddened by the death of Reid... I love loved him and Luke!

#6   2010/09/07 03:31PM
    Keeping It R...

Quote nonniepat: I love your "better" ending and I will remember it.

I too, who love to write, was starting a different ending before all the rumors began flying about Reid dying now I think I'll finish it.

It is not as good as yours but I took another hospital route and this time it was Luke who collasped in Olde Towne with Reid and Noah and Reid rushed his married partner to the hospital (Noah doesn't know they married). Luke's one kidney is infected and Chris and Reid and Dr. Bob fight to save Luke while having to tell Lily and Holden that they are married and Noah finding out from the hosptial staff rumors. Luke will of course survive but need a kidney transplant (I know what it sounds like but it was my idea first honest) and Luke will be insisting that they not test Damian even though Holden will have Jack and Margo get Malta to give them the results of the match test (Damian is in prison in my story). Reid, who in my story not only loves Luke unconditionally but takes care of him takes charge of Luke's negativity surrounding Damian's possible involvement in his medical crisis and the story goes from there. I have Casey and Allison staying in Oakdale and Allison is head nurse while Casey goes to law school. Chris and Katie are engaged and Reid and Luke still living at Katie's with Katie until her wedding to Chris will keep the house when Katie and Chris move into their own home. Oh and Luke has just been voted in as Chairman of the Board and there is no chief of staff but Chris and Reid run different parts of the hospital; Reid running the "cool" part with nero and radiolgy and Chris the uncool with the ER ect.

Like I said not as good as yours but as I love to write maybe I will finish the story now. A happier ending than what we'll get today.

But I love yours and it is much, much better than what I had in mind.

Thank you for a new perspective!!!
    Nonniepat

I like your ending also. Especially the part where Luke and Reid are secretly married. That is truely inspirational. I wish I had been bright enough to think of that

#7   2010/09/07 03:51PM
    Keeping It R...

Quote clicquot1: I LOVE ya'lls versions and would much rather tptb took ya'lls routes INSTEAD of the drivel we were given! here's my version! It gives a shout out to QAF toward the end!

Luke decides as an investment to open a gay night club in Oakdale(the first such establishment)and names it BABYLON as a tribute to BRIAN & JUSTIN KINNEY!

The end!

I like your story as well. The proposal is absolutely great and I can so easily picture it in my mind. I also like the fact that you married off Justin and Brian. That was another major disappointment for me.

#8   2010/09/07 06:21PM
    Barb G

I LOVE ALL OF YOUR ENDINGS!!!!!!!!! THEY'RE ALL HAPPY ONES FOR LUKE AND REID...JUST THE WAY IT SHOULD BE...THANK YOU ALL FOR SHARING THEM...

#9   2010/09/07 07:11PM
    dg1051

I like all three of these versions. I was very sad about Reid as well. Great job you guys...

#10   2010/09/08 06:46AM
    miss dustymc...

It was a cop out here was my storyline.OK I am no writer but wishful thinking.

Reid walks in after Luke was asleep in the lounge.
    He dreamt all of this and it proved to him that he couldn't live with out Reid. He had this dream that Reid had this accident & died when Luke wakes up & see's Reid who did get the heart and Chris was already in surgery

Luke jumps right into Reids arms!! Reid says"Luke Calm down do you want to buy me a cape I mean I did what any man would do" (Luke) "no no you are amazing your here your alive! (Reid) of course I'm alive and you say I drink too much coffee. why are you shaking.
    (Luke) I had this dream this terrible dream you were gone...(Reid says) gone?
    yes you were dead...
    Reid says "and you say you love me? Smarks and walks away. Luke is standing there Katie comes running out Reid saved the day got Chris the heart. Luke is still shook by his dream.

Katie says Luke you look like you have seen a ghost
    Reid walks by and says he did sneaks up behind Luke and says BOO!...

Luke just grabs Reid and looks tearfully in his eyes and says you have no idea what you mean to me you are my life my life is nothing without you...

Reid says if I new you were going to get all mushy and say such sweet things heck I would bring in more hearts into this hospital...

Luke says I have all the Heart I need it's in you Reid and I love you....Ok Reid says not while I'm at work...then whispers with a wink but save that for later.....

Katie smiles and says ok you two may be we'll plan a double wedding.They all smile and Reid says Ok this is a hospital not a wedding planning event walks away and looks back at Luke & says oh by the way I am very much alive and it's because of you Luke coming into my life......end of scene
    Post a comment

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list