List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: As the World Ends

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

As the World Ends

Started by Michelle57 at 2010/09/05 07:21PM
    Latest post: 2010/09/08 09:25PM, Views: 2136, Replies: 14
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2010/09/07 10:58AM
    Re: As the World Ends
    nonniepat

Quote calliope: Have you all seen the episode that Reid dies on already?

Calliope, from Friday's last scene and the previews and the fact that Chris needs a new heart and all the rumors about Reid dying it is pretty clear, at least to me, that today or maybe tomorrow first thing Reid will succomb to his injuries from the train accident.

Now the drama will be on Luke, Chris the Hughes and Katie dealing with the fact that Reid, though not wishing to die, knowing he was not going to make it wanted his heart to go to the doctor he always refered to as Doogie; I think with fondness as well as sarcasm.

I know you don't want Reid to die, none of us does but it looks like that's what they are going to do.

On the previews from Friday for this week they showed an hysterical Luke and a badly torn up Reid then Chris waking up from apparent surgery and asking whose heart he got and Katie unsure what to tell him or how much to tell him.

I'd give anything to come home and watch the tape and for Reid to live but unfortunately I don't think that's going to happen and considering Luke brought Reid here in the first place, blackmailed and bullied him into doing Noah's surgery then helping Reid keep his medical license then the drama surrounding Noah's surgery and brain bleed and then Reid and Luke falling in love Luke is gonna be hurting badly and I fear blaming himself for Reid's death, bringing him here in the first place and not stopping him or going with him to Bay City to get that heart and hopefully not but maybe Luke will blame himself for loving Reid too. Don't want that to happen but it is possible.

#12   2010/09/07 12:45PM
    calliope

No, from the previews he is going to die. I am anxious to get off of work to see it. I know it will be a heartbreaker.

#13   2010/09/08 08:04PM
    HalfEvil

Quote Michelle57: The best thing the fans can do for this show is not to watch the program that replaces Atwts...in the end we have the power to say you made a huge mistake by taking this show off the air. I intend to not watch anything on this channel.

EXACTLY... I'm done with CBS after the 17'th. I like Sara Gilbert from Roseanne ( her talk show is taking ATWT spot)but I'm done with CBS. Exactly one year ago we lost GL now we get to mourn another loss with ATWT. CBS will never be the same for me again. I'll watch Y&R( they better not even think about axing it) but I will watch it on the Soap channel or online.

I grew up with GL and ATWT I remember missing school for illness and such and watching these 2 soaps with my mom. Well actually these 3 soaps Y&R was one we watched also. I remember Meg Ryan, Julianne Moore, Marissa Tomei , Lauren Hill and tons of others that got their start on ATWT. I remember when the original Craig ( Scott Bryce ) left the show for the first time. Saw him on Facts of Life a little while later. .

It's sad it's has to end. You know when you have something there your whole life and then suddenly it's gone. It's like a piece of you dies with it. I know it's only a tv show but it's been there my whole life.

I think I need therapy now!!!! So much loss! ! Just joking but seriously it is an end of an era.

I think I will take the hour that I used to watch ATWT and walk or do some kind of excercise. I will dedicate that time to me since it's 2 hours before the kids get home thats even better.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2010/09/08 08:12PM
    #14   2010/09/08 08:29PM
    Keeping It R...

Quote HalfEvil:
    Quote Michelle57: The best thing the fans can do for this show is not to watch the program that replaces Atwts...in the end we have the power to say you made a huge mistake by taking this show off the air. I intend to not watch anything on this channel.

EXACTLY... I'm done with CBS after the 17'th. I like Sara Gilbert from Roseanne ( her talk show is taking ATWT spot)but I'm done with CBS. Exactly one year ago we lost GL now we get to mourn another loss with ATWT. CBS will never be the same for me again. I'll watch Y&R( they better not even think about axing it) but I will watch it on the Soap channel or online.

I grew up with GL and ATWT I remember missing school for illness and such and watching these 2 soaps with my mom. Well actually these 3 soaps Y&R was one we watched also. I remember Meg Ryan, Julianne Moore, Marissa Tomei , Lauren Hill and tons of others that got their start on ATWT. I remember when the original Craig ( Scott Bryce ) left the show for the first time. Saw him on Facts of Life a little while later. .

It's sad it's has to end. You know when you have something there your whole life and then suddenly it's gone. It's like a piece of you dies with it. I know it's only a tv show but it's been there my whole life.

I think I need therapy now!!!! So much loss! ! Just joking but seriously it is an end of an era.

I think I will take the hour that I used to watch ATWT and walk or do some kind of excercise. I will dedicate that time to me since it's 2 hours before the kids get home thats even better.

It's funny, I was thinking this afternoon about a lot of the people you named who got their start on ATWT and there are many others who got started on/passed through other soaps. I know I use to drive my son crazy because we would be watching someone "big" on tv and I would tell him "that person use to be on this or that soap". He was convinced that almost everyone started on the soaps. Now that more and more soaps are going off of the air, what like avenue will be there for the newbie or not yet established actors? As an aside, I have a first cousin who at one point had a small recurring role on ATWT so I must admit at one time this show did have a very special place in my heart.

#15   2010/09/08 09:25PM
    HalfEvil

That is special Keeping I hope you got to record those episodes with your cousin or have some kind of memorabilia or at least got to visit the set. I would have had a heart attack if I had got to visit it. They would have to give Reids heart to me instead of Chris LOL...

I'm thinking the the new outlet for upcoming stars will be reality tv. It could be good for some really talented people. I sure hope it doesn't mean that we will have to look forward to seeing someone from the Jersey Shore cast on the silver screen. I don't think I could handle seeing Snookie on the big screen drunk and stupid.

It takes some common sense to memorize a script.(I don't think anyone on Jersey Shore can even read). That in it self shows some talent. It takes no talent to be drunk and stupid sloppy, sleeping with anything you meet at the bar that night.

Don't get me wrong I do enjoy some reality shows Jersey is not one. There are too many shows like that one. The same drunk loser behavior. They are all aimed for the teens and 20 crowd. Who in their right mind wants their children to have role models like that. I would rather my kids to role model after a fake character on a soap than on a show like Jersey Shore.

With soaps we know they are fake. We know the characters are fake but we still love and hate them.

I will surely miss ATWT. I will cry when they air the last episode.

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list